Apple Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Apple

7,030 Interview Reviews

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I made it through two rounds, live coding and verbal questions. They were very helpful and made sure that all questions I had were answered. It was very interesting to see how such a vig company was able to make the process so personal. It really made me want to work there!

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Apple in June 2015.

Interview

Initial call with a recruiter .Set up a phone screen the very next day. Had a techinical phone interview with code sharing .Given a BST print the nodes at each level on a seperate Line. I could do this easily with a queue ..but he wanted some thing with O(n) time complexity and O(1) space .ie no additional data structure like queues and linkedlists and array lists

Interview Questions

• Given a BST print the nodes at each level on a seperate Line. I could do this easily with a queue ..but he wanted some thing with O(n) time complexity and O(1) space .ie no additional data structure like queues and linkedlists and array lists   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple (San Francisco, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

Pretty informal, just interviewed with multiple members of the team and they asked me technical questions. I interview with about 4 members of the team individually. I then interviewed with higher up managers and a person in a more HR type role. The team leader had me write a program using the Sieve of Eratosthenes to test for prime numbers.

Interview Questions

• 1. What is the difference between Grand Central Dispatch, NSThread, and NSOperation and when would you use each?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

Normal Software interview with the standard coding questions like linked list, trees, data structures and algorithms. The process involves a phone screen and 5 rounds onsite interview. Be prepared to show some passion for apple products as that is one of the key things they look for.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to explain one of my college coding projects and asked me specific questions regarding the design.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Fast Interview Process.

First round is the phone interview with the hiring manager, asked few questions relating to the programming, then wanted me to finish a coding challenge and send it back to him in an hour.

Interview Questions

• Some data structure questions, but one the member in the team asked me a lot about QA which I don't see any thing to do with this position.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

one phone interview.
    one on-site interview.
    one-to-one with 8 people.
    1 HR, 3 people in the morning, 1 for lunch, 3 people in the afternoon.
    HR is for behavior question.
    others are all about technical questions, including domain knowledge and coding.
    the interviewers are from different teams.
    Each session takes 45 minutes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (San Jose, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received a call from the recruiting team for a phone screen. The interview consisted of basic java questions and concepts of distributed computing and coding question(data structures and algorithm based).

Interview Questions

• What are challenges of distributed computing and how to handle them.
      Coding question on arrays.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

The Interview is not difficult pending you know your resume in detail . They see everything and ask every detail of your project . In the end I could not get the offer as my role was pretty specialized although they will consider me for a junior role in the future . I can safely say the process should not be stressful if you are confident and the people are really nice . So keep in mind that you should hold a conversation confidently as a Engineer

Overall I had 9 rounds and 1 recruiter round during the Onsite Interview and a phone screen prior to the onsite Interview

Interview Questions

• Describe a project where you struggled and How did you overcome it ?
      Weak vs strong Pointers ?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple in April 2016.

Interview

One phone screen. I had applied long time back, recruiter called me to know my strengths and skill set. Then passed onto another recruiter who took some time to set up a phone screen. It was half an hour phone screen. Waited for a day, then inquired. Got the ding mail.

Given that I had other companies who were interested in me. I had to make time for the phone screening by de-prioritizing other companies . Unless they pursue you strongly dont bother wasting time.

Interview Questions

• Implement a peek using a existing iterator next and hasnext function.
      Interviewer was interested in correct syntax.   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Apple in January 2016.

Interview

Started with a phone interview with a general recruiter, then another phone interview with a hiring manager, then another with a member of the team I would be working on.