Apple Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Apple

7,964 Interview Reviews

CPU Design Verification Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Champaign, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Talked to CPU design team member at the Apple Corporate day at UIUC. Next week, was emailed expressing interest, and interviewed the following weeek. The process requires multiple phone screen with engineers before on on-site is exteneded. During the phone screens, the interviewers didn't ask me about myself at all, he got right down to technical questions for the entirety of the 30 minute phone screen.

Interview Questions

• What is the scope of a static variable? Given multiple scenarios(static variables across files, in recursion, ect.)   Answer Question
    • Describe what a virtual function does?   Answer Question
    • What are some ways for error testing/handling in software?   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Apple in September 2016.

Interview

Invited to a recruiting event in the summer. I received an email a few months later with the invitation to interview. I had a fairly standard technical interview with some behavioral questions mixed in.

CPU Implementaition Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Apple (Raleigh, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

They had come to campus for recruiting and after a short talk regarding projects on my resume, I was asked to come for an interview the next day. The interview lasted for 30 mins where the discussion was completely technical.

Interview Questions

• Setup and hold time constraints for latches, flip-flops as well as negative edge FF's.   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Apple (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

It went fairly smooth. I interviewed inside the retail store, which was pretty hectic. It was busy and I had to wait for a manager. I felt like I was getting in the way a bit. They also interviewed me right at the front of the store which was awkward because customers were surrounding us.

I had three interviews. Two were in store on separate days, and one on the phone. All three managers made me feel comfortable and were incredibly welcoming.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you dealt with a very difficult situation with a customer?   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

An Apple employee referred for the position. A recruiter contacted me after that employee referral. After that, there were two interviews of forty five minutes each over phone. After that, they invited for full interview including lunch time interview. Interview questions included both technical and behavioral questions.

Software Engineer I Guess Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

I really don't know if I had a real interview or if it was just a teaser. These are the events which happened in exact order.

1. Some recruiter(A) contacted me over email and asked for a resume.

2. After I sent the resume, recruiter(B) acknowledged it and asked if I had any preference for one position over the other.

3. In about a day or so, Recruiter(A) emailed me again saying I should not work with any other recruiter and if at all anyone contacts me I should tell them I am working with him.

4. Next day afternoon, I get a call from Recruiter (A) without any prior intimation. He starts with I have forwarded your resume to Managers in Bay Area and Austin, you should hear from them. And ofcourse reiterating that I should work with another recruiter as it wastes time. (I understand dude! my time is as precious as Apple's). He never even bothered to ask if it was a good time to chat.

5. After about a month I get an email from some Manager asking if I had time to "talk" with him after 6pm on a weekday.

6. I agreed and we decided to talk at 6.30pm one day that week.

7. On the day of the "talk", some person call me and starts with "Ok I am XYZ, lets start with the telephone screen. You must already know about this position...."
    I was like NO! Noone told me this was an interview, I don't know what position I am being considered for! I thought the manger was going to call and discuss that with me.
    He was good enough to explain the position and then discuss my experience etc.

The so called interview went well but as I expected from experience so far I never expected a reply back. Positive or Negative.

I really think Apple recruiters can be a little more courteous, professional and organised. Atleast tell the job position the candidate is being considered for. I dont know if it was just me that had this one time experience but I have given many interviews and this was the worst experience by far.

WW Demand Planner Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

There were two phone screens, and an onsite with case interview. I was asked questions on leadership, analytical skills, communication- there was a key emphasis on clear and concise communication of complex analysis. The case was a take home which I then printed and presented to a panel.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Apple (San Francisco, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Phone screen with the recruiter and hating manager then an unperson 4 - 6 hour interview session on site. The on-site involved white boarding only. Some of the interviewers knew how to do that well with the interviewee, others did not. One interviewer took 10 mins of the 30 he had with me to describe a situation very specific to his job so he can set up a technical question, which wound up taking more time.

Interview Questions

• Started off with basic coding skills and then moved into algorithms and data structures: What's the best data structure to handle a stream of data from a twitter feed and partition the data in real time into buckets, then write the code to manages the data into buckets.   1 Answer

Senior S/W Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY).

Interview

A fairly technical phone screening, followed by a reasonable homework with a mix of coding and non-coding problems, followed by a thorough full day interview. A good half of the interview covered general problem solving rather than the expertise domain, which I found a bit off-putting. That said, most of the interviewers were open, down to earth and very easy to get along.

Interview Questions

• Dealing with very large numbers, with Fibonacci coating on top.   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (Fairfax, VA) in August 2016.

Interview

The first round of interviews was a group interview. The weird part, however, was that the group was not composed of anyone applying for the same position. It was never made clear how you were being analyzed since it was not directly competitive with the people around you. It was by far a the strangest interview I have personally had. Normally, I do well in interviews when it requires getting across the fact that you would be a good fit, however, I was never contacted back. As I understand it, there are 3-4 rounds of interviews, but I never made it to the second.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you handled a situation where you had to confront your supervisor on a subject.   Answer Question