Apple Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Apple

7,964 Interview Reviews

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Two rounds of phone, then on-site. Decision was made a few days after on-site, but it looks more like the decision had been already made before the interview took place. Phone interviews were technical. On-site was mostly personality, which you have no way to tell pass or fail.
    It seems that I was there for only going through some hiring process while the real candidate has been already locked down.

Interview Questions

• Describe your date to date activities.
      Why leaving the current employer?
      Your spent a few years doing something else. Why do you want to go back to something you did a few years earlier?
      How is the company culture at your current employer?
      Do you feel comfortable relocating? Family ok? Own or rent? Are there other companies you are also interviewing with?
      What are your most important preferences?   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Apple (Indianapolis, IN) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online and referred by someone I knew. Got invited to a group interview a month later. Interviewed with the manager and 3 other people. The manager first asked us to introduce ourselves and "Why Apple?" The the manager passed around an iPad with questions on it and we each answered 4 different questions. Then we filled out an information sheet asking us the positions we were applying for and our availability. The interview was only 30 minutes long. Got called for a second interview the next day.

Interview Questions

• When was a time when being patient worked for you?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when knowing an organization really well worked in your favor   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you had to figure out a problem and the first solution didn't work   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you had to deliver bad news to a customer?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Apple in August 2016.

Interview

One phone interview, one FaceTime interview. Asked a mix of technical and behavioral questions. There was no design challenge, but they did put me in a few hypothetical situations to see how I would react.

Various Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Apple (Houston, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

First interview was a group interview of 7 people at the Memorial City Mall. It went well, then got a phone call back within two days for an interview with managers in the highest store. I thought that went well, but didn't get another interview again. They went forward with other people.

Apple Retail Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (San Francisco, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Process took about 3+ weeks. Lots of interviews with different managers and leaders, mostly to see if my personality with fit in with that of team already working there. Interviews can seem intimating but just be yourself, be genuine and don't try to oversell yourself too much. Knowledge of products helps of course but they are not looking for an expert on everything Apple, they can always teach you that, but they can't teach you how to be nice to people or how to have a normal conversation. So just make sure if you want to apply, that Apple is the place for you. All in all it was a fun experience and you learn a lot about Apple through all those interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why Apple?
      What products are you familiar with?
      What are your passions?   Answer Question

Senior Panel Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple in August 2016.

Interview

The HR found my resume in their system and contacted me to schedule the phone interview via email. After 3 days, the hiring manager called me to give the phone interview which lasts about 30 mins. After 2 weeks, I emailed the HR and asked if there's an opportunity for second round interview. Unfortunately, I am not selected for next round interview.

Interview Questions

• The hiring manager is nice and asked the questions on my resume. He asked me my available date to start working. What I did in my research and why did I do these works. What the skills that I have. But his questions are not easy to answer.   1 Answer

Software Engineer (Special Projects Group) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Santa Clara, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I interviewed for a software position in the Special Projects Group, which is run like a start up within Apple.

Overall it was a reasonable interview process. Fairly different from the other top tech companies, which concentrate mainly on Algorithm problems. It consisted of the following:

- Phone interview covering basics of C++ and other languages, other common software questions
    - On site interview with 5 interviews covering algorithms, software version control, design patterns, in depth questions concerning area of expertise, behavioral questions and other resume based questions.

Everyone was friendly overall, and seemed very strong technically. I enjoyed working with recruiter as well. They had a very flat company culture, and it seemed liked a very exciting position. My C++ skills were not strong enough, and I was told that was the main reason I did not get an offer. This is understandable as I have very little industry C++ experience.

Gpu Driver Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Staten Island, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Staten Island, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

I received a phone interview from apple for GPU Kernel Driver Engineer. The interview was taken by 3 people on phone at the same time. It was a good experience.

Mac Genius Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Pittsburgh, PA) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process didn't feel like an interview. There were multiple people in the room all working to solve things together. Some of the people then were chosen for a second interview, and then a third.

The other two interviews felt more traditional.

After being hired, some of my co-workers said that they had to go to the first interview multiple times before getting to a second round.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about one time you couldn't find a solution for a customer and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Apple does an intensive screening process: 3 interviews - first was a large group interview, then got invited for a smaller group interview, final interview was with head manager

Interview Questions

• When was a time you resolved a conflict?   2 Answers