Apple Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Apple Interview Questions

Updated Nov 23, 2017
5,936 Interview Reviews

Finance Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

On campus interview and then a super day on the Apple campus in Cupertino, I had five interviews with current employees on campus and a lunch interview. I found out that I did not get the positiong 2 weeks later

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions with one technical question about M&A   Answer Question

Hardware Integration Eng Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Got an email by a recruiter and got 2 technical Skype interviews. I passed those and got invited to onsite interview. The onsite interview was 8 one on one technical interviews .
    Logistics: In spite of what I read and expected from Apple, interview was very unorganized. I was supposed to meet recruiter first who never showed up and I never saw any HR or recruiter. Most surprising part for me was the 3rd interviewer, who said they have not reserved any room for interview. So he decided to interview me in a lobby that was super loud and busy at that time (was almost lunch time). 5th interviewer also left me alone in the interview room and no one showed up for half an hour, so I emailed the recruiter and she told me I was supposed to have break at that time, but no one knew what the plan was.
    Tech Questions: The questions was ranging from basic electrical to very detail of technical work they are hiring for. I got the feeling that Apple didn't prepare or organize questions for interviewers. So questions was chosen based on personal preference of each interviewers. Consequence was that I had been asked same technical question by 2-3 interviewers. Most of interviewers had prepared the question in their mind ahead of time . But 3ed interviewer had not prepared anything and asked me to explain the topology I have worked in my past company, which is against Apple policy and rules. Most of interviewers were reasonable and friendly ;however my 3ed interviewer (the lobby guy) was annoyingly unfocused and was jumping from subject to subject without letting me to think and answer.
    Non-Tech Questions: only 2-3 interviewers asked me serious non-tech questions. All was standard questions like why you want this job etc. The last one was trying to caught me why I left my first job and he had kind of "Big Bang Theory" personality and asked me an easy question in a hard way.
    Except 3rd interview which was annoying (because of reasons above) all others was excellent to me and I answered all questions well, but I got rejected after I followed up the next week.

Firmware Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Went through 3 rounds of interview-1 in-person(technical) and 2 phone screen(1 technical and 1 HR round). Questions were related to basic C programming and microcontrollers. Programming questions were using online whiteboard.

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edina, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Edina, MN).

Interview

I had about 5 interviews and each one was a pretty solid experience of what Apple really means to them as a culture. Everyone had a casual vibe and it was easy to be open and honest with the interviewers.

Interview Questions

• What are some ways I made a positive impact on my previous job?   1 Answer

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

I applied three weeks ago on the website. I heard back about two days later with an invitation to interview at the store I was applying for. It was a group interview, and it was me and three others plus the person interviewing us. It was fairly easy, the individual interviewing us seemed to be looking for positive and outgoing people. After the group interview, I heard back about two days later saying that I was selected for ANOTHER interview with a store manager. I have that interview in a few days!

Interview Questions

• What do you do when you have a lot of things to do but not enough time for all of it?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple in October 2017.

Interview

1. Recruiters were not professional. I have heard that the recruiters will disappear if they decide not to move forward. Even you send emails and you would never receive response.
    2. A lot of Indians at platform and infrastructure. It would not be surprised if you meet 7 out of 7 Indians onsite. They are not interviewing professionally. They try to fail you even you alreay gave correct answers. It is just because you are not Indian so you would not get an offer from the Indian hiring manager /team. The reason why the Indian team brings you onsite is they try to hide the fact that they are only hiring Indians. LoL.
    3. Apple management should do something to stop this if they want to have excellent engineers.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

On campus group interview interview, followed by 4 rounds of individual interviews with behavioral questions in one day. Had a background check and got an offer within a week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you had to work in a group project.   Answer Question

Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (Woodbridge, VA).

Interview

I received an email for an interview. I arrived at the store early and waited on the store manager. All together there were about 6 of us and it was a group interview. Was asked to give some examples of helping customers, how we dealt with difficult customers, and how we handled certain situations. After the interview we filled a quick form asking what we were knowledgable in and what area we would want to work in. I received an email the next day saying they weren't moving forward with me.

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Austin, TX).

Interview

I went through three interviews and spoke with a total of 6 different people throughout those interviews. The first two were by phone and the third was via FaceTime. The interviewers were polite and respectful, no issue there. An aspect that caught me by surprise is that I did expect more diversity in the organization. All 6 people I was interviewed by were white women, which is not an issue, but it is something I notice and did not expect (especially after extensively browsing the Apple Inclusion and Diversity page). The questions were not hard, its apparent they are looking for a cultural fit. The first two interviews were basic questions in handling scheduling and past experiences. The third interview was completely comprised of situational questions (i.e. What would you do if *insert scenario* happened?)

Interview Questions

• How do you manage scheduling multiple appointments with competing priorities?   Answer Question

Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Apple (Boise, ID).

Interview

It took me about three months to hear back from Apple, but when I did it was worth it. I was first contacted to meet at the Apple Store for a two on one interview. I knew that it went well immediately and they told me that I would hear back in a few days. I got a call a few days later about meeting with the store manager for another interview, this time it was just one on one. They ask you mostly questions about who you are as a person and why you want to work at Apple, nothing too difficult. I waited a few more days and then heard back that they would like me to meet with one of the supervisors from corporate, but he only came into town once a week, so that was difficult to schedule. I ended up doing a FaceTime interview with him, and although I felt really good about it, he was hard to read and I wasn’t sure what the outcome would be. The same day I got a call from the store manager letting me know that I had knocked it out of the park and they wanted to hire me immediately. My training started a few weeks later and I’ve been happy ever since!

Interview Questions

• Why Apple?   Answer Question
    • What challenges have you faced while working with other employees and how did you over come them?   Answer Question
    • What have you done recently to make you feel accomplished?   Answer Question