Apple Mac Specialist (Apple Store) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Apple Mac Specialist (Apple Store) Interview Questions

Updated Apr 18, 2017

2.9

Mac Specialist (Apple Store) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Applied online and received an email in 7!days from a recruiter. Picked a time slot for the group interview at a store. There were five of us and theynplayed a short video on what it is like working at a store. They asked basic"get to know you" questions. The enviroment was relaxed and everyone was friendly. After the group interview ended stated they would contact us in 7 to 10 days.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Mac Specialist (Apple Store) Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Multi-tiered group interviewing process with the final step being a one on one with the regional manager. The early stages consist of mass interviews to gauge interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a team.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you've gone above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question

Mac Specialist (Apple Store) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

I applied to Apple for a couple of different positions and didn't hear back initially. I had talked to a few people in the store and they said that Referrals are a great place to start! So, I had a friend I know that works for Apple write me a referral and after a few weeks I got an email interviewing inviting me to an hiring event.

Hiring Event: I read so many articles and talked to people in the store nearly all of them said that the hiring event would have 70+ people. Mine only had about 15-20 I would say (but they told us that we were all there because someone who worked at Apple thought we would be a good fit- so maybe it was the second string of interviews). Ether way, I guess I lucked out a little. We were told to sign in and wait (make sure during this time you make small talk, get to know those interviewing and also the Apple employee's- they are super friendly and its a great way to get your nerves down a bit)! I'm pretty sure they start grading you the moment you enter, so start up a conversation with a couple people (This shows you're a people person, and Apple is all about people). We were lead in shortly after and we had introductions. All of the Apple employees introduced themselves and then we were given a few minutes to get to know the person next to us because we were going to introduce them to the group. So we got to know who they were, what their favorite apple product was and what gets them up in the morning. It was chill and fun. Make people laugh, have eye contact etc. After introductions, we watched a few videos about Apple and everyone gave a rundown about their role. Throughout this time they stopped so that we could ask questions and share what we observed about the videos and Apple. We were then broken up into groups of 5 or so with one Apple employee. We passed around an iPad that had questions on it and took turns answering the questions. Make sure you seem engaged and try to tell a story with your answer. Don't just give a one word answer (there are Managers roaming around and sitting nearby to listen). Once that was over, we re-convened in the big group and were given a chance to ask questions. Make sure you have some ready! Good ones too. Questions that will get them thinking and challenge them. They like that.

It is now a week later and I got a call for a second interview in-store with a manager. So hopefully it all goes well!

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to deal with an unruly customer?
      Why Apple?
      Name a time that worked your patience?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied for Apple back in September 2015, yet the interview process is still going for me.
    I asked a friend, who is a current Apple employee, to refer me.
    Note: It’s important to include a cover letter along with your resume (preferably 1 page.) After the hiring manager(s) weed out the first couple of applicants, they will go back to the resume to read your cover letter and resume.
    As for the first hiring event, I participated in a 2-hour course of introduction, three-four introductory videos with follow-up questions, and a Q & A group activity. The event took place at a hotel close by to an Apple store. I received a foldable paper plaque to write my name and a sheet for hours of availability, positions I would like to apply, skills, and locations I would prefer to work. As I walk into the conference room, I was greeted with cheering managers as I prepared to take a seat. Remember to smile. Smile when you make eye contact with everyone. Smile when you’re speaking. And, smile when you’re just listening. Seating arrangements really do not matter, whether you sit in the front/back because what really matters is how you project yourself from the crowd. We began with Ice breaker activity. For this event the questions were: What is your favorite doughnut, why, and how many customer service experience did you have? Right after, we watched a series of short video presentations of how great it is working for Apple, the emphasis on “PEOPLE,” the focus on Apple in the global market, diversity, and some information about the positions. It gives a sense of Apple culture, global perspective, and again, one of the most important component in Apple’s success: people. This screening process limits those candidates who stand out; meaning, those who seemed to have potential leadership, communicative skills, prepared to make effective and quick decisions, and satisfy customers while pitching out sales. After each video, there are slides with a question relevant to what you have just seen. The questions are simple; hence, so should the answers. However, always include a logical and reasonable explanation. I had a hard time answering some of these questions, considering there were over 30 people in the room, shooting out their hands. Fortunately, I got lucky and answered one. During the second half of event, we were separated into groups of 6-8. Each group was given an iPad with a total of 20-30 customer service related interview questions. We each took our turns answering the questions. Note you only have MAX of 2 minutes to answer. Questions ranged from: How did you handle a unruly customer or name a time where you and another employee did not agree and how you resolved the issue, …etc. As we were in groups, the higher management team would walk to each group, observe, and sometimes pitch a comment or two. I found that it’s important to ask questions back to the interviewer. I would recommend to come up with simple, yet clever questions that may surprise them. As dry and long that explanation was, that meeting came to a close.

Two weeks later, I had my second interview with the store manager at my preferred Apple store. Surprisingly this interview didn’t seem like a typical interview. It felt more like a conversation. Most of the questions where those get-to-know-you questions, which is great because you can extend not only extend the interview time, but also pin-point some of your greatest strengths, goals, and talk about your interest in Apple and why you would want to work for the company. Stating your facts and interests for Apple before the interviewer asks questions is definitely a plus. This shows them that you really want the job. Some of the interview questions were repetitive from the hiring event, but it helped to answer the questions the second time around, considering the we had only a few minutes to answer then. The Store Manager stated that hour flexibility is important; they were looking for someone who can work part-time evening shifts. This interview lasted an hour.

Continued in Interview Questions

Interview Questions

• Continued..
      Fortunately, I received a confirmation call & voicemail that they would like to move forward and schedule a third interview. Unfortunately, the person (Store Lead) responsible to call me back have not done so. Three months past and every week I called in to see my status for my interview. I finally walked into the store and came across the Store Manager to see what happened. I do respect him that he apologized behalf of the Store Lead and that no one had follow-up with me. Two weeks later, he called me and scheduled an appointment with the Lead.

The third interview with the Store Lead was rather short; I would say 15 minutes tops. She was very direct with the questions and they were one question after another. I felt I could have done better, but what is done cannot be undone. And now, I wait in the coming week/ weeks to see if I move on to a fourth interview or receive a rejection letter.

Overall, I found it very helpful to read through these interview posts (above/below) to prepare for these interviews.
      Here are some helpful points:
      - Make sure to smile and greet employee you encounter with. This also includes other candidates.
      - Talk to those around you; making small talk. This shows how well you engage/network with other participants you are unfamiliar with; which will relate to customer service
      - Do some Apple research, but no need to do it in-depth.
      - Make sure you listen to everyone when in a group interview process.
      There’s plenty more, but I shall stop here.

I wish everyone luck!
      Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Mac Specialist (Apple Store) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

hiring event which was a group interview and had many attendees. the group setting was different than others i had been to in the past. afterwords we were had went with managers to interview us and see how we did

Mac Specialist (Apple Store) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

was able to apply online and get called 2 days after for a group interview. this interview was held at Marriot hotel. there were around 15 people there ready for an interview. once everybody was there, we split into groups of 5. In the group of 5 people we started the interview with the store leader of the apple store that we applied to.

Interview Questions

• what is the biggest technical problem you faced and how did you solve this problem?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple (San Francisco, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview, ask several questions.
    Try to stay focus, think fast and answer fast.
    Do critical answers.
    And try to explain your answer like a story.
    Be polite and patient.
    Tell me something that you have done in your life which you are particularly proud of.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Miami, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process took about 3 weeks. I applied online for a specific Apple Store and after one week I got the e-mail invite for the first group interview. This one was an easy one. We were 6 candidates so it was kind of chill. Our interviewer was one of the Apple Store manager were I applied. We started by introducing ourselves to the group by saying the name and the answer to the general question "What is your dream car and why". After that, we started to answer some questions written on an ipad. First, the guy next to you answer his question and then when it's your turn, you need to swipe to get yours. You can skip the first one, but you need to answer the second one if you skipped. In the end we got the chance to ask some questions to the interviewer. It's good to have one or two questions. After about a week I got the phone call for the second interview. This time it was a one on one with another store manager. The questions are quite similar with the questions you get on the ipad in the first interview : Why Apple? Tell me something about your passions. What's the difference between customer experience and customer service, Describe a time when you had to handle a difficult customer. Don't lie, don't be a robot. Be yourself because every question might have a followup question so your story needs to be strong. After the second interview I got a phone call 25 minutes later to set up the third and final interview with the store leader. This one was also a one on one interview but in another building, office. Keep in mind that if you get to the third interview with the Store Leader, at this point, you made the cut but you still need to make a really good impression. Smile all the time, be friendly and be honest. Be yourself and if you really want this job you will get it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online & got an email inviting me to a group interview ? Everyone in the room introduced themselves & mentioned what's their favorite app is. They showed about three videos of how it is to work for them on a daily. Then they paired us up into different groups. Each group had a recruiting manager. We had to pass around a iPad and read out loud the interview questions and answer them.

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Apple (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

I was invited to a hiring event that was right before the first iPhone launch. My application and resume were already in their system because I had an interview a few months prior to that, and I was second in line for the job, but they told me they would consider me if any other openings came up.

There was a brief introduction, and all of the people there (about 15 of us) filled out another application and we were told to bring a copy of our resume. Then we sat in an area in front of a large tv that played a combination of old Apple commercials and gave general information about Apple, and one by one we made our way through three stations where each manager interviewed us. One of the interviews focused on customer service, the other on general technical questions, and I can't remember what the third one was.

After that we were told that they would be in contact with us if we were considered for a position. It was really easy and stress-free!

Interview Questions

• I was asked about basic computer knowledge. I was also asked if I could give specific information about some Apple products (iPod, Macbook, etc.)   Answer Question