Apple Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Apple

7,966 Interview Reviews

Data Entry Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (Sunnyvale, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Meet with three different team members for the one interview. They ask you questions while you complete a task and are very relaxed and friend throughout the interview. They wanted to get a sense of how you would work in a team environment that involves collaboration

Creative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

I was in a group interview with five other people. The environment seemed pretty chill. They just wanted to get to know you as a person. They brought us into an office work space and just started talking. Nothing too serious. I guess a big piece of advice is to turn on the charm as soon as you walk into the store. I assume they're looking and listening.

Interview Questions

• Describe a moment when you had a great customer service experience.
      Describe a time when you had an unsatisfactory coworker. What did you do to overcome that instance?
      What is your favorite Apple product.   Answer Question

Business Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (Cambridge, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

First off, I want to start by saying I still believe Apple is a great company. However, I am still at a loss understanding their interview process as I feel I was not given a chance nor was the time taken for me to have any input.

Its a group style interview where we are asked personality based questions- which right off the bat limits your time and makes it very impersonal. The interviewer was very nice- I felt like it went very well; was happy with the questions and felt my answers were both substantial and qualified. I feel like I am very qualified for this position- however for whatever reason I was not chosen for a second interview. If the first interview was more in depth, and I had a better chance at conveying who I was, as well as my experience, I would feel better about not getting the position; This first interview is very topical and mostly personality based questions. They hardly asked about my previous experience with albeit us explaining what we do for a living with a brief introduction. Its almost as if they judge you based on looks I feel like, because it was a 45 minute interview with 4 other people. I probably had 10 minutes to talk in total and only a couple minutes to explain my background. Such a huge disappointment for a great company and as far as interviews I feel like I was highly discounted and not given a chance.

Interview Questions

• Very briefly, describe what you do for a living, a hobby and your name?
      How would you react to this type of customer?
      Roleplay customer and employee
      Explain why apple?   1 Answer

Apple Genius Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (San Francisco, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Very Bro. Friendly and positive, with not easily discerned direction. Not sure what qualities they were looking for. I was interview with one other person the 1st time, and then 2 people the second time. They interviewed me twice, then ghosted me.

Recuriter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Apple in May 2016.

Interview

Still waiting on someone or some computer from THE technology company to send me a notification that my application has been rejected. I guess they haven't figured that out yet. Talent engagement rating would be a big FAT 0 but since I'm not a 15-year-old child prodigy, I have no value in this youth-centered culture.

College Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Atlanta, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

Video interview with multiple scenarios and general personality questions. They will ask you typical personality questions to try and see if you match what they are looking for in a customer service rep.

Interview Questions

• What steps would you take if someone called in and said their Macbook wont turn on?   Answer Question

Redzone Specialist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple in May 2016.

Interview

It was a very in depth Hiring Process, there were about 4 different interviews. The first was massive, at the local store where I live, about 40 people all together (candidates) and a couple of apple store employees along with the store leader present. We had to introduce not ourselves but the person in our group (show high energy) (and be passionate about it) thats what they look for as I was told later. We watched series of Apple Videos (fun) and did a couple of activities as well. Lasted 2 hours at most, was a lot of fun, make sure you speak up (participate) you don't want to just blend in with everyone else. I received a phone call 2-3 days later asking if I could come in and meet with the store leader, I was very excited and nervous, The interview with the store leader was short and sweet. They were simple questions mostly geared about my personal life, hobbies that I like, past jobs and the obvious things "Tell me about yourself."

A couple days later I was invited back to speak to the Senior manager. This interview followed the same format, but one subtle difference was that we were in the middle of the store interviewing and it was busy. It through me off for a little, but I still answer the questions as best I could, One stand out question was "Tell me, if you did get a job at apple what would you want to do?" The interview followed the same flow, personal, how well can you connect with people, what are your hobbies?
    It was relatively short, and I was scared that I didn't do well. However a few days later I got another invitation to an interview this time it was a phone interview to the market leader.

This is when things got tricky, the personal questions were there as always, but this is when things got technical, "Tell me what Apple Products you own,"" How do you use these in your everyday life." I own quite a few apple products, iPhone, iPad, Macbook, so it wasn't difficult but, going through and telling the market leader what I used each for, what my favorite app I used on each device was time consuming. There was also an apple tv question which I had a played around with before, but never owned one so it through me a bit. 45-60 minutes was a bit lengthy, but all in all it was a good interview. (I was sweaty but the time I got off the call.) The market leader told me that I should expect to hear something within 24-48 hours.

Two days passed and nothing, I started to to expect that I didn't get the job and was expecting the automatic we moved forward with other candidates email anyday now. A whole week passed and I finally got a call and was told I had temp offer, but needed a background check, to pass. I was so relieved, background came back and and I was offered the position officially.

Overall, this was something different for me, I never have to have so many interviews not even for interning for my college. They made the interviews fun, and they were not bad aside for my nervousness.

TIPS: Be yourself, be passionate, (you will learn to love this word), always ask follow up questions when they ask of you have questions? Ask them to tell you about something they may have mentioned in dialogue? Even if its something simple like why do you love apple? Get them talking, it makes you seem more personable, in learning about the interviewer themselves and not so much the job. And don't worry you don't have to own any apple products they teach you everything, but you need to be to personable.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself yourself
      What is RAM
      Why do you want to work for apple
      What do you bring to the table
      what are your hobbies
      what is something that you are passionate about   Answer Question

Dev Ops Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (San Jose, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Interview scheduled, online eval performed and followup interviews. Made available for multiple projects, each one was individually placed by the same agent. The people were polite but sometimes difficult to understand with an accent. This was fine because the questions could be asked again if I didn't understand.

Interview Questions

• How quickly can you provision a server farm.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Apple in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received an email from their recruiter in a week. First call with recruiter was just an introduction of the position and a quick review on resume. We scheduled for three technical phone interviews with group members. They were each covering different aspects of my skill set, relatively in depth and very detailed oriented. And every time reminding me how challenging the work and how high their expectations were. I have had much better interview process with other companies. I felt Apply considers themselves too high in the field and didn't feel comfortable with, especially they focused on specific technical terms which might not be able to answer instead of asking questions which can tell more about someone's technical insight or problem solving skills. Also, very difficult to understand their accents and I felt they look at you from a superior level.

Interview Questions

• How do you use SEM?
      How do you build a laser?
      What is your approach to build an optical setup to measure a product's parameters considering some constraints?   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer In Test (Core OS SDET) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me and scheduled a 30 min phone interview with the hiring manager. In the phone interview the manager asked me about NVMe IO process and some basic functionalities of FTL in the NAND memory systems. Then I was called for an on site interview. About 5/6 people interviewed me for ~45 mins each. Most of the questions were about basic scripting in Python. The that was confusing for me is that if this position was so much about scripting then I am not sure why they were looking for someone from NAND memory systems background. That being said, I was not asked a single question on NAND or protocol level questions such as SATA/NVMe at the on site interview date. There were some open ended questions as well which I believe I didn't do well.

Interview Questions

• Scripting questions in Python like, parse a csv file and extract the name, phone numebers, emails into a dict.   2 Answers