Apple Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Apple

7,965 Interview Reviews

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Lancaster, PA) in January 2016.

Interview

Because I used glass door to prepare for the interview, I was ready for the experience. I would encourage anyone to read as many reviews as possible. I applied on line and had an employee referral. I received an email invitation to the hiring event and had to confirm my attendance with an embedded link. Another email message confirmed my presence. The interview began at 0800 and lasted to 1000. I was told to be there 15 min prior. The invitation did not mention that I would have to use the employee entrance to the shopping mall.

As expected, there were 15-20 applicants. We waited outside until it was time. In true Apple fashion, we were welcomed with everyone clapping as we came in. That felt really good. We sat at tables near the Genius Bar. Lots of staff were there around us. The person in charge had the staff model perfectly what they wanted from us when it came time to introduce ourselves. Name, hobby / passion, and first movie you saw in a movie theater. It's very important to tell a story. We saw several Apple videos. I can watched all of them the night before on line. It was good because I could pay more attention to what the presenter said about the video as an introduction. Some questions were entertained about concepts from the videos. Not everyone who wanted to answer was given a choice. It might be better to be near the front rather than sides where body movements are more readily recognized.

Then we counted off into 4 groups. There were 4 in my group with 2 staff members who facilitated this part of the process. We passed an iPad around with situations on it. As the person before. me was responding, I could look through the situations. I liked the situation that another person chose so I asked if I could also respond to that - a time when you went out of your way for customer service. The facilitators were fine with my request. Again, tell a story. Something that addressed a person's needs and not just a way you helped someone. Then we did role play. The facilitators provided the scenario. Product knowledge was not important. It is difficult to try to talk about product without knowing much about the product. The main purpose is they want to see how you engage another person. We did that twice. Sadly, I was the employee for the same customer and the same customer for the same employee during both role plays. It was hard to not assume what you already knew. Specifically, it was hard to imagine at a person in his 20s or maybe 30s was and "elderly gentleman" one time and then a "college student" the next.

Other staff, probably higher / management folks, floated from group to group. I had to wonder if our facilitators specifically called them to watch some of us. But I'm not sure about that. Suddenly I realized that someone was behind me.

We gathered together at the end and completed a relatively easy form that asked us what positions we might consider or be interested in. They also asked us to write down our availability for the next weeks for recalls. I made sure that I said good-bye to the staff person who pushed my resume through. I also engaged several others on the way out.

Near the end of the week, I received a text message inviting me to another interview. Not had that yet. This seems to be a place where people are valued and appreciated.

Interview Questions

• Recount a time when you went above and beyond in customer service.   1 Answer

Apple Genius Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Apple (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

The first part of of the process is to be selected for a hiring event, where they bring in about 30-ish people. Current employees sit with a group of applicants, and you just converse with them. If you move on the the second round, they do a group interview. It's very laid-back, and it relieves the pressure off of you individually. If you don't know what to answer, you have time to come up with an answer.

Interview Questions

• Describe some way you use technology in your personal hobbies or passions.   1 Answer

Apple Retail Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Group interview that consisted of several behavioral questions. Had to sit through several videos at the beginning of the interview that discussed what apple stands for and what working for the company really entitles.

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied, received email in 2 weeks.
    1st interview: Group Interview- Ask some questions about past work related experience, introduce yourself, why apple, watch a video about apple, comments about video, questions about anything, then interview is over.
    2nd Interview: Typically you and two people from the store (Manager and leader)

Business Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

The initial interview process is done in groups which get smaller and smaller along the way. Its very casual, open and friendly. Once you get passed the 2nd round of group interviews you'll have a one on one interview with a department leader for the store that you'll likely be hired for and then the General manager. You'll get a response from them either way on whether or not you've been hired.

Interview Questions

• They'd like to know why you want to work for Apple, how you'd stand out and what your favorite Apple product is and why.   Answer Question

Product Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple in January 2016.

Interview

One thirty minute interview. Interviewer only asked me two questions then opened up the conversation for my questions. Overall, it seemed very casual, but the interviewer seemed to be looking for someone with a technical background (mechanical engineering) even though the job description did not state that as a requirement. Overall, the interviewer was very friendly and it was more of a conversation than an interview.

Interview Questions

• What components do you think go into the iPhone?   Answer Question
    • You are designing a factory for a new Apple product. How would you do it?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

It started with Emails then two phone calls. It ended due to Apple's "brand loyalty" policy which I'm in violation of. I'm not Apple loyal because I use Non-Apple products, so therefore not Apple material. Sorry Apple, but the reality is 90% Engineers out there no matter how brilliant aren't using Apple loyally or even at all. And as an underpaid and overworked Engineer myself, I can't afford the latest iPhone and iWatch and somehow NOT use my current employer's Windows 7 and Linux machines for my day to day Engineering work. I do own macs and wish I could have the best Apple has to offer but sorry I can't keep up with your expensive latest machines on my underpaid salary so my at-home G5 tower is garbage and my Mac mini is a joke to you. Do us all a favor and start asking your candidates up front if they are in violation of Apple Brand Loyalty before you waste anyone's time or get anyone's hopes up by laying out relocation options and benefits. Frankly, demanding brand loyalty before you even hired is a offensive and classist.

Interview Questions

• What is a Test Plan? What kind of cell phone do you have? What kind of tools (computers) do you use?   4 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Apple in January 2016.

Interview

Started with a phone interview with a general recruiter, then another phone interview with a hiring manager, then another with a member of the team I would be working on.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple in January 2016.

Interview

2 Phone interviews. Then after, they will email you if you have received the position. Very friendly and they were happy to answer any questions you had about the company.

Localization Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by 5 different colleagues on the same day. We talked about how the team and what the role I was applying for would entail. The interviews were all very casual.