Apple Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Apple Interview Questions

Interviews at Apple

7,966 Interview Reviews

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple in November 2015.

Interview

On campus recruitments and various phone interviews afterwards. The process was long and the recruiter wasn't clear about what the process was, and at times would schedule the interviews time incorrectly.

The interview process was definitely not the best, but the interviews themselves were fairly straight forward. They were by no means easy but they were extremely difficult either. They care a lot about the fit.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Apple (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

The hiring process at Apple is pretty lengthy and time-consuming for both parties. Usually, it consists of a 1 on 1 interview (If proceeded) followed by a 2 on 1 interview, then followed by an interview with the Store Leader and possibly the Market Leader. For any given position it can take about 2months or so to go through the entire interview process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you have to give an employee difficult feedback?   Answer Question

Sensors Characterization Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (Santa Clara, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

No CA signed and only verbal on the phone interview, Apple culture is very secret so we talked about things that is not secret (?). I think the interviewer just want to fishing for ideas to steal from, typical Apple behavior, so keep yours innovation ideas for yourself folks.

Interview Questions

• Assume that a new sensor being developed and you have to come up with ideas to test it.   1 Answer

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westlake, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple (Westlake, OH).

Interview

Round 1: Fun and engaging. 25+ people
    Round 2: Interpersonal small group. 3 in our group. All 3 of us were hired.
    Typically there is a 3rd round however no one from our 2nd round group were asked for a 3rd interview.

Interview Questions

• Too long ago to remember. Nothing too difficult, the questions were more creative than typical interview questions. Don't be nervous, be creative, and above all have fun.   Answer Question

IS&T Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple in November 2015.

Interview

One "behavioral" interview that lasted about 15 minutes. It was originally scheduled to be 20 minutes. The interview was disappointing, to be honest, the interviewers did not ask me anything that indicated they had read my resume before the interview and all of the questions they asked me were vague or about my opinion of Apple.

Interview Questions

• There were very vague questions. "Tell us about yourself." Or "How do you feel about living in California?" There were a few questions about Apple itself, such as, "What do you think of Apple products?" and "What do you is think the best feature of Apple products?"   Answer Question

Senior Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Austin, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

I went through a recruiter, who requested several writing samples and the usual personal information. That was the bulk of the material that the folks at Apple used to judge me.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you doing fairly dull writing?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview. We were all asked different questions. Very Comfortable setting. They explain all positions to see what or where you would be best at. They explain the Apple culture and what it is that they expect. Full follow up details on next step process.

Interview Questions

• Tell the group how and where did you learn your technological skills   Answer Question

Firmware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple in November 2015.

Interview

Applied through website. HR contacted me and asked about previous experience. Later scheduled technical interview with hiring manager. Hiring manager seemed friendly, first he explained about the job, later asked about my previous experiences then moved to technical.

Interview Questions

• 1. Questions on I2C protocol. 2. Will you use GPIO or interrupt to monitor switch input?   2 Answers

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 10+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Providence, RI) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied once with no response, then applied later with a recommendation from an Apple employee. Received a response for an interview literally two days after the recommendation was received. Interviews are in a "staircase" pattern where you interview with an on the floor manager then move your way up to their boss and that boss' boss etc. Once you've gone through the hierarchy you will be asked for a phone interview and I have heard other stores throwing in a group interview in there as well. Be business casual, I went in with regular jogger pants tucked into boots and a polo shirt. They're not super formal, so be nice but comfortable. Interviews are very laid back, try to have a conversation with the person interviewing you as they are people too, and they want to see that you aren't uptight. Of course knowledge of the company is key, always watch the latest keynotes and be honest on what your specialties on the products are as well as your shortcomings: no need to lie, they will know. I didn't know what their Time Capsule was, and I was straight up about it. If you show little knowledge but show that you are eager to be there and have the "people person" charisma they are looking for, they will tell you to go back and learn up some more and you will more than likely get another call for another interview. Best advice: Be yourself!

Interview Questions

• Q: If you had to sell me this product (it was an iPhone 6 for me), how would you sell me it? What features would you exemplify? How would you market this to me compared to an older model?   Answer Question
    • Q: (Current events) There is a case going on where Apple is called to unlock an iPhone for national security. Tim Cook has released a statement regarding that situation (that Apple will not provide self unlocking software), what are your thoughts on that move?   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

I went to an Apple hiring event with about 25-30 other interviewees. We introduced ourselves to everyone, watched some videos, had some Q&A's, and broke into groups for more Q&A's. During the group Q&A's, an iPad was passed around which required each person to push a button which would show a randomized question that you would then ask the person next to you. The iPad Q&A made about 3 trips around the group. We then watched another video and the event ended with final questions and employees sharing some of their experiences working for the company.