Apple Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Apple Interview Questions

Updated Dec 13, 2017
5,989 Interview Reviews

Finance Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

On campus interview and then a super day on the Apple campus in Cupertino, I had five interviews with current employees on campus and a lunch interview. I found out that I did not get the positiong 2 weeks later

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions with one technical question about M&A   Answer Question

Hardware Integration Eng Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Got an email by a recruiter and got 2 technical Skype interviews. I passed those and got invited to onsite interview. The onsite interview was 8 one on one technical interviews .
    Logistics: In spite of what I read and expected from Apple, interview was very unorganized. I was supposed to meet recruiter first who never showed up and I never saw any HR or recruiter. Most surprising part for me was the 3rd interviewer, who said they have not reserved any room for interview. So he decided to interview me in a lobby that was super loud and busy at that time (was almost lunch time). 5th interviewer also left me alone in the interview room and no one showed up for half an hour, so I emailed the recruiter and she told me I was supposed to have break at that time, but no one knew what the plan was.
    Tech Questions: The questions was ranging from basic electrical to very detail of technical work they are hiring for. I got the feeling that Apple didn't prepare or organize questions for interviewers. So questions was chosen based on personal preference of each interviewers. Consequence was that I had been asked same technical question by 2-3 interviewers. Most of interviewers had prepared the question in their mind ahead of time . But 3ed interviewer had not prepared anything and asked me to explain the topology I have worked in my past company, which is against Apple policy and rules. Most of interviewers were reasonable and friendly ;however my 3ed interviewer (the lobby guy) was annoyingly unfocused and was jumping from subject to subject without letting me to think and answer.
    Non-Tech Questions: only 2-3 interviewers asked me serious non-tech questions. All was standard questions like why you want this job etc. The last one was trying to caught me why I left my first job and he had kind of "Big Bang Theory" personality and asked me an easy question in a hard way.
    Except 3rd interview which was annoying (because of reasons above) all others was excellent to me and I answered all questions well, but I got rejected after I followed up the next week.

Firmware Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Went through 3 rounds of interview-1 in-person(technical) and 2 phone screen(1 technical and 1 HR round). Questions were related to basic C programming and microcontrollers. Programming questions were using online whiteboard.

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

I applied three weeks ago on the website. I heard back about two days later with an invitation to interview at the store I was applying for. It was a group interview, and it was me and three others plus the person interviewing us. It was fairly easy, the individual interviewing us seemed to be looking for positive and outgoing people. After the group interview, I heard back about two days later saying that I was selected for ANOTHER interview with a store manager. I have that interview in a few days!

Interview Questions

• What do you do when you have a lot of things to do but not enough time for all of it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Edina, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Edina, MN).

Interview

I had about 5 interviews and each one was a pretty solid experience of what Apple really means to them as a culture. Everyone had a casual vibe and it was easy to be open and honest with the interviewers.

Interview Questions

• What are some ways I made a positive impact on my previous job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Huntington Beach, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied in the beginning of September end of August I didn’t hear back until mid September I got contacted asking to set up an interview I was given the option to choose between three days I picked one and about a week later I get a call asking if we can reschedule the interview because the Apple launch and it was pushed back I got to again choose what day and once I did everything was good I was told to bring in my resume and to dress semi casual and to arrive early. Now to the day!! I showed up about 15 early and I introduced myself to the team member standing at the door saying I was here for the interview. I was told to wait here and they will be out shortly I was the first one to show up and a few minutes later the next person came in and we made small talk getting to know each other a little and the next person walked in and we also involved him in the conversation and we were greeted by the hiring manager and we will walk outside to the table (large outside shopping center) on our way to the table he asked our name and how our day was. We sat down and he asked if we had our resumes and we handed them over to home I brought 3 and he only needed one (oops ) he told us what positions were available and he also told us if it was part time or full time we then began the interview over all it was very basic questions mainly to get a better understanding of us and what we are like and what our hobbies are. I will list the questions that I do remember. After a few questions he told us that for that location they needed the person to be fully available Sunday and Monday and he handed us a paper and pen and asked us to fill it out the paper included our name contact information and our available times to work, our preferred locations that we want to work and what products we are familiar with everything is easy and for the products you just mark next to the ones that are on the page you don’t have to write them in. He asked us if we had any questions for him and after that the interview was over and he mentioned that it’s harder to get into Apple then most places and if we don’t get a call back or email to feel lucky and proud that we had this opportunity and in a few months try again. He told us that we will be getting a call or email and from there we had said our goodbyes and left. I got a call today ( October 9th) asking if I was able to come in for a second interview (fingers crossed I have my interview on Wednesday ( October 11th)

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for apple   Answer Question
    • Tell me something about yourself and what your passion about   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question
    • They asked a question about conflict with a co worker and how I handled the situation   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

I was completely disappointed with the interview process. I have 4 years of work experience in backend software systems and Big data.

I have interviewed with 4 different teams though I did well in all 4 different team phone interviews, they didn't call me for on site.

1. Some video processing team: one round with recruiter and one round with Hiring manager. He asked very simple questions I have answered all. Even he was happy with the answers. 3 days later I got reject.
    2. Apple Mac os: This is the worst ever interview process in my life. 1 recruiter, 1 hiring manager round. Answered all the questions . Got another coding round. It's a leet code hard question. I did well and the ans is also correct. Got one more coding round. 2 coding questions. Did very well. after 3 days I got a reject. Seriously!!!? They can't reject based on my performance. But if they thought I have less experience, they should have known that before and shouldn't have even conducted 3 phone interviews. What a waste of time.
    3. App store. 1 hiring manager round. did well and 1 phone interview lasted around 1 hour 15 min though it got scheduled for 1 hour. Did well. After 2 days got a reject.
    4. App maps team. 1 coding round. Did well. Got reject in 3 days.

Seriously. I have wasted so much energy and time going through this stupid interview process. I had offers from startups.
    My sincere advice is, If you are ready to waste time on this, then you can go ahead and apply . otherwise please don't. There are so many companies out there.

Interview Questions

• I can't share the exact questions.but it s all in Leetcode.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

On campus group interview interview, followed by 4 rounds of individual interviews with behavioral questions in one day. Had a background check and got an offer within a week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you had to work in a group project.   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Austin, TX).

Interview

I went through three interviews and spoke with a total of 6 different people throughout those interviews. The first two were by phone and the third was via FaceTime. The interviewers were polite and respectful, no issue there. An aspect that caught me by surprise is that I did expect more diversity in the organization. All 6 people I was interviewed by were white women, which is not an issue, but it is something I notice and did not expect (especially after extensively browsing the Apple Inclusion and Diversity page). The questions were not hard, its apparent they are looking for a cultural fit. The first two interviews were basic questions in handling scheduling and past experiences. The third interview was completely comprised of situational questions (i.e. What would you do if *insert scenario* happened?)

Interview Questions

• How do you manage scheduling multiple appointments with competing priorities?   Answer Question

Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (Woodbridge, VA).

Interview

I received an email for an interview. I arrived at the store early and waited on the store manager. All together there were about 6 of us and it was a group interview. Was asked to give some examples of helping customers, how we dealt with difficult customers, and how we handled certain situations. After the interview we filled a quick form asking what we were knowledgable in and what area we would want to work in. I received an email the next day saying they weren't moving forward with me.