Apple Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Apple Interview Questions

Interviews at Apple

7,759 Interview Reviews

Thermal Engineer Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

First a call from recruiter. 15 min technical questions. If pass you go to phone interview stage. Then manager called me for 40 min technical interview. Very fundamental questions. Questions not asked clearly. For most of them not all needed input parameters are provided so you should ask what needed

Interview Questions

• Consider an iPhone being held vertically. Estimate the sustained power to keep temperature not exceed certain value? (Very vague right?!)   3 Answers

Manufacturing Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Initially, there was a recruiter call, talking about my basic experience, trying to see if there is a match. Then there was first round technical phone screen with probably the team lead, which was purely technical, and then a second round technical phone screen which was more of behavioral.

Interview Questions

• What is process capability and explain a time when you had to use it   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Campus interviews. Interview questions were mainly behavioral, about teamwork and problem solving. Employees were very friendly and food was provided, even though the process was less than an hour. There were many applicants, so despite feeling that it went well, I knew the chances were slim and it really was down to luck.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you worked with someone who had differing views than you.   1 Answer

Product Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Got a phone interview with the HR. Then a couple from the design teams. Was given a one week design challenge on battery door mechanism. About to have another round of interviews. Excited

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Apple in April 2020.

Interview

It was a phone interview, I applied it online and they got back to me within 4-5 days. They were sweet and wanted to conform on which team i would prefer. They asked "tell me about yourself" and I just answered them. Later a technical team interviewed me for about 35 mins

Display Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in April 2020.

Interview

Applied online --> contacted by recruiter in a week --> technical phone screen next week --> next day asked about availability of the onsite interview, scheduled after 2 weeks.

The position was exciting and the phone interview was crisp. This I can say as I verified my answers after the interview and the fact that I was informed that I cleared the screen within hours.

Once my final interview was scheduled I prepared rigorously for 2 weeks
    The evening before the interview I was again requested my availability for the interview next morning and very shortly I was informed by the recruiter that an offer had already been extended to a candidate for the position and that my interview for the next day was cancelled and would be contacted if the other candidate declines the offer.

My response to the recruiter and the Display team was:
    If today the team can cancel my interview a day before it was scheduled and after I have prepared for 2 weeks and informed my current employer that I will be taking vacation day, this team can certainly rescind an offer a day before my joining date after I have served 2 weeks of notice period with my current employer and informed them that I will be leaving the company.
    Today I lost a vacation day and tomorrow I could have lost a job.
    The risk in losing current job far exceeds the gains in the form of difference between my current job and the job at Apple.

Advice to management:
    Stop treating candidates as commodities.
    Show professionalism
    Get out of the delusion that Apple will buy the candidates with its benefits. There are a lot of mid-size companies with better benefits, work-life balance than Apple (do some research and you shall have the details)

Interview Questions

• 1. Basic fundamental EE questions.
      2. Explain the working of an OLED pixel
      3. How do you reduce the insertion loss in a system? Describe each method in detail.
      4. Basic ADC / DAC questions.
      5. Signal Integrity related questions
      6. Power Electronics related basics
      7. How do you select a PCB substrate?
      8. Explain the working of MiPi bus   Answer Question

Firmware Engineer Interview

Interview

Was a dull and delayed process because of the miscommunications within the hiring team. The interviews very pretty long. However, the difficulty was about average. Interview rounds were pretty disconnected, often focussing on extremes.

Physical Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

This is my second round interview. He first asked me about my resume. Then he focused on the flow of synthesis and DC. He asked me more on SDC.

Applications Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

First round interview(no online assessment whatsoever). Call me through FaceTime. Ask basic questions about my experience and personal information. Ask a simple question about App interface design problem.

Interview Questions

• There is a factory that needs to transport a lot of Apple products(iPhone, iPad, etc.). Workers there hope they can have an app tells them how to load the products into the containers so that the loading rate of each container could be maximized. Briefly tell us how you'll design the app.   Answer Question

College Adviser Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

It was an online interview with 2 managers. They go to know me personally and asked a lot of what if's and role-played. It took about 45 minutes. They were really easy going and down to earth.