Apple Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Apple Interview Questions

Updated Apr 29, 2017
5,254 Interview Reviews

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Had a phone interview and talked a lot about my portfolio projects. They were more interested in specific engineering challenges that I faced when building my projects. Asked some technical questions about manufacturing processes.

Interview Questions

• Show me the back of an iPhone and asked me how it might have been manufactured.   3 Answers

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Very simple and laid back interview, was meant more to determine my personality and customer service skills than technical knowledge. Does take a while however to setup interviews and hear back after them.

Escalation Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Applied online. Received an email just a week later from a recruiter who scheduled a time for the interview over the phone. You get interviewed with one or two people.

Interview Questions

• They ask about your previous jobs and the responsibilities and role you played . They go through at least 2-4 of your previous jobs to get a feeling for your background   Answer Question
    • For the specific Escalation Engineer role I applied for dealt with iTunes. They wanted to know my knowledge of iTunes. Issues I have ran into with iTunes & my recommendations for improvement   Answer Question
    • They gave a scenario on if an app developer who number of downloads of an app should be #1, but is listed #200.... how would you troubleshoot and find out why that is.   1 Answer

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Apple (Charlotte, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

The first interview was a group of three, and a store manager. The questions very general and it was a laid back environment. After the first interview I received a call by the end of that day to schedule a 2nd. 2nd interview was exactly like the first but with different store employees and one other contender. Did not get called back for a third, got an email thanking me for my time.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

I went through a recruiter. I didn't advance that far in the interview process, but they were very professional and polite. From what my friends tell me, there are a lot of rounds and it's a tough process, so I am not surprised I didn't make the cut.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

First was a prescreen phone interview with the recruiter. Then I had a number of FaceTime interviews with the people in my department. Overall it was very effective and pretty easy.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Apple? How would you contribute?   Answer Question

At-Home Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple in April 2017.

Interview

The first call was mainly about the position and why I would want to work for Apple.
    The second interview via Skype. I was asked questions about my customer service and technical background and then did 1 role play. Was moved to next interview with team manager and that is today!

Interview Questions

• Customer can't sign into her icloud account. Please help.   1 Answer

Tech Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danbury, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple (Danbury, CT) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was just under an hour. It was an intimate group of only 6 people including the interviewer. Overall the experience was mostly conversation based, attempting to gauge what your personality was like, what technical experience did you have, and other questions of that nature. The environment was laid back and the pressure was low throughout the time being interviewed. This was the first out of the next few potential interviews coming up, so I hope everything works out.

Mac Specialist (Apple Store) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reedley, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Reedley, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I sent my resume and application and got a call for an interview. There is a process of 3-4 interviews. If you make it to the 3rd interview, you're in

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you've had to give feedback and how did that person handle it   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple in April 2017.

Interview

I applied in January, had an in-person interview on campus in February and had a FaceTime interview in April. The first in-person interview was behavioral, why apple? what experiences have you had that can help you with this job? and the second, FaceTime interview, was customer service oriented. They can't teach you how to be a nice person, and have good customer service, but they will teach you all of the technical side.

Interview Questions

• What in your prior experiences makes you a good candidate for this job?   Answer Question
    • What is the most difficult part of working where you live, and how would you eliminate that when you work?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you received excellent customer service. What made it excellent, and how would you make sure that customers you talked to had that same great experience?   Answer Question