Apple Mac Specialist (Apple Store) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Apple Mac Specialist (Apple Store) Interview Questions

Updated Apr 18, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

First one was a large group interview. Truly have no idea how they knew who was who. It seems pretty obvious that you have to find a way to stand out, and show that you can be fun and friendly when speaking in front of others.

Second interview was conducted by HR at the store.

Interview Questions

• If you could show someone new to Apple one thing about something you love: what would it be and how would you demonstrate it.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (New Orleans, LA) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online on a Wednesday, was emailed that Friday about a hiring event on Sunday.

Arrived at the hiring event and it was with about 25-30 other perspective employees. We were shown multiple videos about the different branches of Apple and then asked what we thought or noticed about the video. Make sure you take part in this session, there we will be people all around taking of note of how you act in front of other people. Then, you'll be split into groups and we were asked to role play before being asked different questions about our personality and how we acted in certain situations. Got called back on Wednesday for an interview on Friday. It was me plus one other person, and we interviewed with a manager and an employee at the Starbucks nearby. It was more of a conversation than an interview and it was more personality questions. I just got called back on Sunday for a 3rd interview Monday, and from what I understand it will be even more questions about yourself. I have yet to be asked a single question about Apple or any of it's products.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Portland, OR) in June 2015.

Interview

Interviewing at apple was really fun!! I was nervous going into it, as i am somewhat introverted, but it was so easy to chat with people and answer questions with the group. We moved onto small groups and answered more normal interview questions, and that was the beat part. The part i was most nervous about was the most fun to me. It felt more like a comfortable conversation than an interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Went in for an initial interview which was in group format. We signed in and then were given a short presentation. We then broke up into smaller groups and were given two different activities. The first involved going around the group and asking an interview question. The second involved role-playing scenarios that one might encounter in an Apple store. It was extremely brief, overall. Did not last more than an hour. The recruiters were quite nice and pleasant. They said to allot to weeks to hear back, almost coming upon the end of those two weeks and still have not heard back. Patience is key albeit difficult when it's for a coveted job position.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had a disagreement with someone and how did you overcome it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Brought to a group interview, conducted various team interviews. Met with managers from various area stores. Overall a positive experience. Group setting was in the room with about 30 other applicants. Management gave a very positive atmosphere for candidates.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience in which you interacted with a team.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Apple (San Diego, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Disaster of a process. First they sent the RSVP email to the wrong email account. I use my icloud email for work related emails, but I have to sign into the jobs website with my apple ID aka a different email. I called the store twice both times them telling them about my situation. They told me both times that someone would get back to me the next day. After four days they returned my calls and I could only RSVP for the last available spot. When I arrived at the store there were four other candidates and they escorted us to somewhere they deemed "more private" which ended up being in the food court area. I could barely hear anything anyone said the entire interview. The employees seemed nice enough, the process took a solid hour of having to talk very loudly and then not being able to hear the other responses. Overall they seemed unorganized. It seemed like there was very little direction for the interview and even less for the structure of said interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Des Moines, IA) in April 2015.

Interview

I have been through the process twice. The first time was about four years ago and I was invited to a hiring event, via email after submitting an application online and was asked for a second interview and then I got the email saying they were going with someone else. This most recent time I was emailed about four months after I updated my resume and cover letter online and was asked to set up an interview no hiring event needed. The interview was a small group, myself and two others, and the few questions we were asked that I remember was "why apple?" And "what areas do you need to improve" aka what are your weaknesses. They also asked about a stressful situation and how you handled it, and a couple more but I don't remember. I got a call back and had a one on one with two different managers who asked the most of the same questions and after I was asked if I could meet with the GM and she asked the same questions but only 3 but They had previously been asked by the other managers. Then I received my automated rejection email about 3 days later from the store hiring manager.

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Phila, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

A little drawn out, but worth the initial offer for employment. Group interview with 20 prospects from all walks of life. Some people talked a lot and tried to stand out, others sat back in the pocket and enjoyed the ride. Second interview with 3 other prospects, store manager (basic personality screen). Final interview with the regional market leader which I assume was simply to put a face to a name. Lastly was made an offer via phone pending a background check. BE YOURSELF

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Took the first figure they gave me

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Miami, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

Apple request for Apple certificates like ACSP and MIB (all questions are available on Apple Store just download iLearn: Advance ACSP) they are 200$
    Download "iLearn: ACSP" and start your study voyage to your professional Apple certification.
    They asked me if I speak another language and most of the questions are customer related, no specific technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Do you have apple certificate?
      Do you speak another language?
      If customer ask you why should I switch from Samsung to Apple what you will answer?
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I was recommended by an employee. I went to a general hiring event at a hotel. It was a two-hour, multiple-sessions affair, about 40 people present, 8 interviewers. It wasn't easy, mostly because of the circumstances --striving to make a solid impression on the interviewers-- but it was very interesting.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a disappointing outcome during an interaction with a customer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

One more meeting with a regional Manager and a store manager. It was very pleasant. - The background check took the longest, because the Courts had additional closed days, due to budget cuts.