Apple Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Apple

7,965 Interview Reviews

Product Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in July 2019.

Interview

I applied Online and they contacted me within 2 days of the application.
    First was a recruiter phone round followed by PD manager Technical Round followed by Design Challenge and then Onsite.

even though I was not selected, the interview process is awesome and I enjoyed thoroughly. It is something weighs your, in my opinion, Speaking and Technical Skills. Be confident and don't be shy I learned it hard way.

Interview Questions

• If you are hovering over Earth in space, which direction is Earth Rotating? all other questions are similar to what you read on Glassdoor.   1 Answer

Retail Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thornton, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Thornton, CO) in July 2019.

Interview

The first step is sending in your resume, straightforward enough. Sent mine in at the beginning of July. Finally heard back from them mid August. The second step is a phone interview where they ask you some “basic questions” and if you happen to impress them enough they reward you with an in person interview after which they will make their final decision.

Interview Questions

• Tell us why we should hire you.   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple in July 2019.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me for an initial phone screening to gauge interest and ability to be competent for the job. After passing the phone call, I was asked to pick a day and time for an in-store interview with the regional manager of local Apple Stores. This interview was a sit down group interview.

Interview Questions

• Why Apple?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time in which you have experienced an unhappy customer and how you dealt with the situation.   Answer Question

Technical Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Orlando, FL) in July 2019.

Interview

The process for me wasn’t as long as most people. I was lucky to apply when the stores by me were looking for people. My university also has a recruiter so I think she might have sent my info to them. But after a couple of weeks, I got an email asking for me to set up a phone interview. I received the call and spoke to the recruiter for about 30 minutes. We discussed my previous jobs, how I dealt with costumers and why I’d like to work at Apple. She told me I was the right fit for what Apple looks for in an employee, made a date for the group interview. She also told me to visit the store and attend one of the TodayatApple appointments before my interview. TodayatApple was great, had a fun time and I highly recommend it to everyone. My interview was two days after, and it was pretty chill. There was a total of 5 people being interviewed and 4 managers. The managers were extremely friendly, the 5 of us were asked 3 questions and given the opportunity to ask them questions.

After the questioning portion, they told us we would be contacted in 24-48 hours on if they’d like to move forward with us. I had my interview on a Thursday and received my email on Monday. They choose to move forward with me and asked when I could meet some of the people on the leadership team. The third portion of the interview was one on one with the person I’d directly be underneath, you get roughly the same questions as the group interview. Also was told what job they’d be given to me, I was told that they’d reach out to me within a week. The interview was on Saturday and a got an email on Sunday morning that the senior manager enjoyed speaking to me and they’d like for me to meet with the Store manager on Monday. Meet with him, there was one other person there and we just discussed a little about ourselves. How it is working at Apple, how they’re more about their people rather than just getting numbers. We laughed and had an overall easy-going conversation. I was told they’d get back to me within 48 hours but received a call from the manager I’d been emailing. I was told that the store manager really enjoyed talking to me and that I got the job. The one advice I would give is be yourself, if you’re a people’s person you’ll definitely do well. Don’t try to act how you think they want you to, they’re really good at knowing who’s real and who isn’t.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you did something for a customer without being asked to do so.   Answer Question
    • What is a good skill you have that your employer has congratulated you on? And what’s something you’ve been asked to work on?   Answer Question
    • Name a time a customer asked for something you couldn’t possibly do.   Answer Question

Technical Product Owner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in July 2019.

Interview

I was provided with less than 24 hours notice to fly out for the interview and the message stated to not book travel later than 24 hours in advance. This caused me to have to wait until someone was in the office and explained it was fine and to go ahead and book travel. The last minute travel left very few options and so I arrived at the hotel at 2:00am. I had to take the day off work with no notice to my employer.

The theme of the day was chaos and out of time. One of the interviewers fell through and the replacement was remote. At that interview I am onsite and the interviewer is calling my cell phone to interview me. I’m understanding, so that was okay, but the gentlemen did have a thick accent making it harder to understand him and to make matters worse two employees came into the conference room and began to kick me out of the room while I was being interviewed. I’m then trying to handle being kicked out while trying to answer questions. I ended up placed in a hallway corner and my next interviewer can looking for me and that created another awkward situation as I’m trying to be polite to both, trying to wrap up one massively interrupted interview and trying to appear I am not trying to keep the other person waiting. I was really surprised that the coordination was so poor and that employees would displace a candidate because they had the room booked. I found it very disrespectful and an eye into how disorganized things were. I was told there would be a review that week and a quick follow up decision. This was not that case and eventually I received an email with a negative decision but without any actual feedback.

Interview Questions

• Has the role been explained to you?   1 Answer

Apple Retail Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Garden City, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Garden City, NY) in July 2019.

Interview

The first step is to pass a basic phone screening. Following that, I went to my local store for a group interview with two other people. Almost nothing about technology was asked of me; the HR team and store leaders want to get to know about you and how you engage with people!

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you received excellent customer service/ a time when you provided excellent customer service.   1 Answer

Operations Expert Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Washington, DC) in July 2019.

Interview

I applied online via official career website and I received an interview invitation via e-mail. It was scheduled via e-mail and confirmed via Apple's career website. It was scheduled at least 2 weeks in advance. Phone interview was very friendly.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me an example that you have succeed and other have failed?   Answer Question
    • 2. Tell me an example that your boss told you to do something that would push your limits?   Answer Question
    • 3. Tell me an example that you were proud of accomplishing something?   Answer Question

Localization Project Manager (Contractor) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Austin, TX) in July 2019.

Interview

I applied for this job through an agency and ended up getting scheduled for five back to back interviews with the actual team I'd be working with at Apple in one day. Some of the people I spoke with were very professional but the manager in particular was rude, unprofessional, and generally gave me a bad impression of the work environment and the job itself.

-The job description essentially mentioned the duties of a typical localization project manager and that I'd be responsible for overseeing the translation of content into several languages. However, in the interview the manager mentioned that I would also have to help employees check devices in and out and police people to see if they were taking too long on breaks or using personal devices at work: so essentially, during the interview they changed the terms such that they apparently wanted me to do the job of an LPM *AND* an operations manager at the same time. This struck me as very shady and left a very bad taste in my mouth.

-I was asked about my hobbies and interests and mentioned them, only for the manager to retort that here Apple is your team first and foremost and that you shouldn't need any other team outside of that if you want to work here. So let me get this straight, the real reason you asked about hobbies was to see if I have any AT ALL outside of work and if the answer is "yes", then that's a bad answer since having literally any interests or personal goals outside of Apple at all is heavily frowned upon? This also struck me as shady and gave me a very negative impression of the manager and team environment.

-When the interview concluded I was asked if I had any questions. I asked a simple question about how the work environment was and the general atmosphere of the team I'd be working on and was told that I was beating around the bush and needed to be "more transparent" with the way I was asking things. I felt I was perfectly transparent to begin with and it was fairly straightforward, so again receiving this sort of extremely combative attitude from the manager over such a simple question left a bad taste in my mouth and a very negative impression of what the potential manager/direct report relationship I would have with this person might be, not to mention the attitude was just plain unprofessional.

-I was told that I would be having a phone interview since their conference software wasn't working but the manager called me on video phone regardless. He was also late and then asked me if I could go over time with him, and I mentioned that it's fine but asked if it was okay to cut into the next interview I had after this one. He seemed upset and asked if it was for this job or a different job. I told him it was for this job but really he shouldn't even had to have ask me that at ALL, as he's the manager and allegedly the one who put my interview schedule for that day together in the first place, and as such should have known very plainly who I am speaking with on his team and at what time. When it came time for my next interview my phone rang in the middle of the video conference so I could speak with the next interviewer (again, from Apple for the same position) and I asked if I should take it and he got annoyed and said he "lost his train of thought". To be perfectly blunt, it is not my fault that A.) the manager was ten minutes late to the interview, nor is it my fault that B.) The manager apparently cannot be bothered to check HIS OWN interview schedule that he prepared in the first place and find out for himself who I am speaking with on his team and at what time. The manager's lack of care and attention for his own schedule was pretty bad.

Worst of all though, if you were to ask me if I got the job or not, I'd have to tell you: I honestly have no idea. I went through five interviews face to face with Apple over a span of 3+ hours and then they disappeared off the face of the earth and I never heard from them again. I checked in regularly with the agency I went through asking for updates and she said she never heard anything from them, even months after (and was very apologetic and said that things like this shouldn't happen). Even now it's honestly pretty mind-blowing that such a big company renowned for putting the "users first" would treat a potential contract hire in such a fashion.

I understand not getting a job but putting someone through five grueling back to back interviews and then not even telling them how things turned out is inexcusable for ANY company, much less Apple, and not to mention totally unprofessional. There's a lot of negative buzz Apple gets for the way it supposedly treats its contract staff and ultimately, if the way I was treated in the interview is any indication of how I'd have been treated had I actually gotten the job, then it's just as well in the long run.

Interview Questions

• Are you a technical person and what kind of technical skills do you have? What do you like to do outside of work?   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple in July 2019.

Interview

Met with Hardware Engineering Team member at an Apple Career Fair. Brief chat / interview there and gave resume. Received an HR email to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview was a 45 minute, entirely technical call.

Interview Questions

• How much PCB experience do you have?   1 Answer

PM Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Recruiter found me on LinkedIn and we had an initial chat about the role and my experience. Then had a 30 minute phone call with the hiring manager. 3-4 days later was invited to day long interview on-site in Cupertino. Met around 10 people, including a different recruiter than I had been contacted by. Overall the interview questions were behavioral and average, nothing crazy difficult. Overall, everyone was very nice and easy to get along with. I was told by one recruiter I would hear by end of the week and the other in a couple weeks. Either way, I haven't heard back with respect to those timelines. I followed up a week after the interview with no response. It's now been two weeks. I wish they would tell me rather than not communicate anything at all. I'm assuming I didn't get it, though.

I'll update this posting if they do.