Apple Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Apple

7,027 Interview Reviews

Sort:

Java Developer Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple in August 2018.

Interview

The interview lasted 45 min, asked about my resume, and some technical questions. Most tech questions are about algorithms and OO design. The interviewer is nice, smart. It's a very good experience.

Javascript Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (Sunnyvale, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

A general overview of JavaScript was required for the position. The interviewer also asked me to incorporate 2 specific functions into a white board problem, which I did. I don't remember anything more specific about the interview process that was unique. I just had to prove that I could read, write, and trace JavaScript.

Interview Questions

• 2 JavaScript functions were presented, and I was asked to incorporate them into a white board answer. They were "Call" and "apply".   2 Answers

Lead Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Apple in March 2015.

Interview

Phone screen with hiring manager, followed by ~5 hours of onsite. Phone screen went very well, but I was told very little about what to expect at the onsite. Couldn't find much of anything online about similar interviews at the company, which made me wonder if they're having reviews taken down (?). And I wasn't allowed to get the names of who I would be meeting, so it was very difficult to know what to prepare, and I guessed incorrectly.

First meeting was a 2-on-1 discussion of my resumé. Second meeting was a technical interview with math on a whiteboard. Then lunch with the hiring manager. At least the food was good and that seemed to go well enough. Then a short presentation just going over slides with the hiring manager, 1-on-1. Then a 2-on-1 technical interview with more math on a whiteboard. Then a discussion of my resumé with someone else. Last meeting was coding on a whiteboard. If it had gone well, I would have met with a Senior Manager at the end of the day, but it didn't go well enough, so they said he was "busy" (I knew he wasn't actually busy).

Everyone was polite enough, with the possible exception of one person who was sort of grouchy, and one who made a comment that raised sort of a red flag for me.

Got the impression that interviewers were talking to each other about me as the day went on, which has been shown to introduce confirmation bias into the process.

Sad to say that although it wasn't great, it wasn't entirely unpleasant, and in that regard it was one of the less painful technical interviews I've done.

Interview Questions

• If you're given global product sales numbers for 3 slots on a website like Amazon, and specific sales numbers for 3 products, how would you rearrange the products to maximize profit?   1 Answer
    • If you're given a jar with a mix of fair and unfair coins, and you pull one out and flip it 3 times, and get the specific sequence heads heads tails, what are the chances that you pulled out a fair or an unfair coin?   11 Answers
    • How to count lines in a file that consists only of a list of strings?   2 Answers
    • What if the file is really big and doesn't fit in memory?   1 Answer

Lead Genius Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

Vibrant and inspiring interview process all around.

Interviewer was able to judge someone based off personality and skill set level. Interview felt personable and intimate. One of the best interviews ever.

Interview Questions

• Do you have an apple phone?   1 Answer

Lead Genius Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Seattle, WA) in July 2010.

Interview

It started with a hiring event at which 10 or so people were invited to meet with a couple of Apple employees. Please keep in mind this is an interview. They are assessing you to see if you will move on to subsequent rounds of interviews.

Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Madison, WI) in April 2016.

Interview

submitted resume through Apple's website, got face-time phone interview, and just got an on-site interview offer from Apple, will be heading to Atlanta this week for the on-site interview. On-site interview are an one-day hiring event, so basically two group presentations in the morning and two face-to-face interview with managers in the afternoon.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you offer/receive a customer service that you feel satisfied. why.   Answer Question

Leadership Role Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple in October 2014.

Interview

it all started with a one to one interview very casual way, then I got a call in 2 weeks to attend a group interview event. It was very simple and there was 5 people from apple. They will observe every thing you do mostly. So you need to be yourself and don't over do it. if you are a cheerful, happy,positive, talk to everyone and social person by nature then this will be easy.
    They showed us videos and asked simple questions in-between to see how many are going to participate in answering or interaction level e.g.. when was the first apple store opened and where,so this type of questions nothing technical at all. So do bit of homework on Apple before you go.
    and make sure you ask about and participate in conversations. Apple interviewers were very cheerful guys and makes you feel like a friend..my interview process still going on so will post updates later.Good luck guys & wish me luck too :-) Happy days

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

they post on internal website about the job you then speak to your direct manager who recommends you to move forward. then from there you may meet with up to two or three people. each one having a say if you move on or not, then hopefully you get an email about getting together at that point you or told you got it or no good

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

Simple, easy questions if youre experienced you will be fine. At the end of the day, it is not easy to be a mac certified genius. they hardly ever hire externally for geniuses. Most are brought up from sales or as what are known as family room specialists.

Lead Mac Genius Interview

Interview

Be ready to expain your past and present accomplishments. You will need to find a balance of showing off your teamwork but also cheerleading for yourself. I find it hard to do because if it's teamwork everyone had success not just yourself. Also have a plan on what you want to do to make your team better.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was able to receive more money then they original offered because I asked if the salary was set. I also was able to show how much money I saved them and how I would work to do that team/department wide.