Apple Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Apple Interview Questions

Interviews at Apple

7,759 Interview Reviews

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

I had 4 interviews. The first was a phone screening that had a few basic behavioral questions. The second was a small group interview in store that again featured behavioral questions, but these were more focused on your professional experiences rather than your personality or background. That night I was invited to a third in store interview which featured basic questions that were geared toward your experience with technology and Apple products. The final interview was with the flagship leader and again, more behavioral questions that were a bit tougher, but they really just wanted to get to know your story.

Software Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (Seattle, WA) in April 2020.

Interview

The interview was informal in the lunch room - the first person I did talk with was precise, inspired, but a little distracted. Great people trying a turn around; they were dealing with an emergency and had to call off the informal interview. I'm hoping to get a real chance now we know how to reconnect.

Interview Questions

• Q: Redesign the screen display from scratch for the next operating system....and go!   2 Answers

Display Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in April 2020.

Interview

QUARANTINE INTERVIEW:

I was first called by a recruiter. This was to get my basic information and set me up for a phone screening with a technical manager.

The phone screening with the manager was to review my experience and see if I would be a good fit for the role.

After this interview, I was scheduled for a technical interview with one of the engineers. During this interview, I was asked to hand sketch a technical problem regarding beams/material properties. The interviewer added to the sketch as it increased in difficulty.

After this interview, I was then scheduled for 8 hours of WebEx meetings with 9 of their team members. This is where things started to go south...

I had poor internet connection. The audio would cut out while sharing technical details. Someone's cat stepped on their ethernet cable. Two interviews were interrupted by their kids running around asking for food. Frequent miscommunications occured. Inability to share sketches naturally. There were so many factors that made these interviews extremely difficult and unrepresentative of working in person.

I was informed the same day that I did not receive the position.

Wish it could have gone differently but oh well.

Interview Questions

• Questions on GD&T. Material Properties. Stress & Strain Curves. Beam Bending.   Answer Question

SEG Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

simple to schedule, on time..fast. team was pleasant. Manager was a little odd. didn't get much feedback. was offered a role but poor salary especially for bay area. but low offer seems common in SEG (silicon engineering group). i think a lot of B players/engineers jumping on board because of the apple name

Store Associate Interview

Interview

It was straight forward and easy. I enjoyed it and I thought that it was enjoyable to meet all the leadership. I liked his they talked to me. It was cool. It was also food practice for future interviews that I could take in the future at different places of work.

Apple At Home Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Athens, GA).

Interview

The interview process took about 4 weeks. I did a phone interview with a manager for about 15 minutes and about a week later, I had an online interview with two managers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a bit about yourself.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you were faced with a difficult situation and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple (San Jose, CA) in April 2020.

Interview

Initial phone call with the hiring manager, followed by a virtual onsite and then a call week the director of the team (2-3 weeks later). Overall, very unhappy with the process. From the time onsite interview was done, recruiter was telling about getting me an update for about 3 weeks and finally scheduled the interview call with director. After the final call, no response from the recruiter. I had a very good experience with all the interviews and the recruiter mentioned the feedback has been positive as well, but still no update on what happened after that. I feel it is very unprofessional to not provide an update after having spent long hours interviewing with them.

Machine Learning Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in April 2020.

Interview

Interview consisted of 2 phone screens. Started with DSA evaluation through shared CoderPad screen. Questions were leetcode medium level difficult. Asked about implementation of some ML concepts. The recruiter took over a month to follow up.
    Round 2 tested ML knowledge and past experience. The questions were testing core concepts and consisted involved discussion with the interviewer.
    I was able to get through most questions but probably the interviewer was looking for more in-depth explainations. I didn't make it to the onsite.

Product Manager Interview

Interview

They called me for a interview just to reject me. !! I talked to almost 10 people and the interview went really good. Still they already had an inhouse woman in mind they were going to hire. The first interview didnt even look at me during the whole interview. Might as well dont waste anybody's time Apple !!

Interview Questions

• Typical product manager questions   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Applied through referral got an email a couple days back saying a team was interested in interviewing. Interviewed and never heard back even though I emailed my recruiter twice. Had to find the hiring manager's email and email them for feedback and a status update. The recruiters were very unprofessional for not being able to send a one line email saying they were moving on with someone else.

Interview Questions

• Standard Leetcode, if you go look at the apple category is extremely accurate, so I would highly recommend you study that.   Answer Question