Apple Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Apple

7,030 Interview Reviews

Sort:

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Palo Alto, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

I was an internal candidate so I reached out to my manager to let the recruiting manager know I was interested. I then set up a time to meet with seven total managers for a panel interview. I was interviewed by two Store Leaders, three Senior Managers and two other Managers. The total time took about an hour and was structured by each manager asking myself a question each. They followed the interview by asking if I had any questions for them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Bloomington, MN) in October 2015.

Interview

Apple's interview process is very lengthy and patience is a must during their hiring process. The 1st interview was done over the phone, which tends to be the norm in the industry. This interview was more formal and commons questions regarding your previous work experience. The 2nd, 3rd and 4th were in person with different teams members that held management positions. The in person interviews were more open questions and definitely non formal, I would say they were very casual questions, which make you more comfortable during the 15-25 minute interview. A week after the last interview I received an email from the hiring person in the market with a very simple and discrete NO.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

The process was long and crucial, had to go through dozens on interviews but got the job in the end. It was first a group interview which after they choose a couple of candidates. After which you would receive an email letting you know which store in particular wants to interview you.

IT Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple in January 2009.

Interview

Started with a phone screen by a very friendly recruiter who was excited by my past work experience at Apple. A few days later I had a lengthy phone screen with the hiring manager; again, a very nice person who spent a lot more time sharing information about the position than he did questioning me. Several weeks later I came in for a series of interviews with 5 managers from other groups that this position would work closely with. I had open-ended conversations with four of the five; the fifth from IS&T controlled the interview more closely by using a series of questions. The day ended with an interview with the hiring manager. I didn't hear anything for another month, but ultimately the recruiter actually called me back to tell me that they had selected another candidate, but that they had received very good feedback on me and would keep me in mind for future needs.

Interview Questions

• I see that you previously worked at a more senior level and had a broader scope of responsibility. Will you be happy working at the level of this position?   1 Answer
    • You list development of a software engineering framework on your resume. Tell me about it.   1 Answer

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

Many round of interviews

Interview Questions

• Why you want to leave current employer   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

First was a prescreen phone interview with the recruiter. Then I had a number of FaceTime interviews with the people in my department. Overall it was very effective and pretty easy.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Apple? How would you contribute?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

I went through a recruiter. I didn't advance that far in the interview process, but they were very professional and polite. From what my friends tell me, there are a lot of rounds and it's a tough process, so I am not surprised I didn't make the cut.

Interview Questions

• Mostly personality related questions.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Apple in March 2017.

Interview

I submitted my resume to the company while they were on campus for a networking event. I received an email requesting an interview some while after. I went through a screening and two technical interviews before being given an offer.

Interview Questions

• They like to get to know you as a person.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

face time interview, through the school, school interview room with macbook air infront of me.. 30 minute interview , generally friendly but no offer
    and at the same day, i did one with other position, computer didn't work
    so I talked to her on the phone for 30 minutes similar but no offer again.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (Champaign, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

I have heard that there are 3-4 rounds. After meeting the apple recruiters, First interview was on campus. Met recruiters at the career fair. Was invited for the first interview the next day. One hour slot. One-to-one face interview. It is in a casual setting with not too much pressure from them. Focus on basics from undergrad to gauge depth of knowledge. I interviewed for design and verification team.

Interview Questions

• difference between call by value, call by reference
      mesi moesi protocol difference
      cache coherence
      why nand a better universal gate than nand
      what is regression test