Apple Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Apple

6,869 Interview Reviews

Sort:

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Berkeley, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Apple contacted me to set up an interview a few weeks after talking to an engineer and giving him my resume. In total, I had two 1-hour interviews with member of the team that I will be working with during the internship. These interviews were entirely technical, and in each one I wrote a specific program with them over coderpad in C++.

Interview Questions

• There weren't really any specific questions, it was mainly trying to see if I could adapt to a foreign piece of skeleton code and finish it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Apple (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I spoke with a recruiter at an expo event for a conference and was asked for an interview during the conference the next day. The first interview was behavioral and went very well. She scheduled me for a second technical interview later that day. I had very little time to prepare and would say this was my main downfall. The second interview was relatively easy, it was just whiteboard questions mostly on string parsing and other basic coding exercises. Towards the end of the interview it was clearly obvious that this interviewer was not so interested in me. Regardless, she told me they would be in touch. About a week later I got an email notifying me that I had been rejected.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at apple?   Answer Question
    • How would you implement a deck of cards? How would you shuffle it?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Apple in February 2017.

Interview

I attended on-campus recruiting event in our University, and was invited to a 30 minutes on-campus interview at the next day. One week later, I was contacted by a hiring manager at Apple. He asked me some questions via phone interview.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

The interviewer was difficult to bounce off of and she seemed as though she was unexcited or tired. She didn't even have her business card on her, which I thought was odd. I feel like Apple already chose their candidate before the interview process and it was just a matter of interviewing people.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

The interview was casual and the interviewer made me feel really comfortable.
    It lasted about 30 minutes long. They asked some technical questions, but nothing that you couldn't figure out if you thought through it for a minute.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite class you've taken?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Apple (Austin, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

I had applied for a HW intern profile through the campus portal and got a call after more than a month. I had phone interviews with four people from the Signoff team. The interview questions were not difficult since they mostly focused on questions related to my prev work-ex. I was able to answer most of them, and was hopeful of getting an offer.

Interview Questions

• - Resume related stuff - previous work ex, school projects, etc.
      - Scripting in skill, C++
      - Sorting algorithms, merge sort vs quick sort   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Apple in December 2016.

Interview

I had a creative intern interview. First one was on campus interview, then I had facetime interview. Both interviews were more conversational then Q&A. Just be prepared to talk about your work with confidence.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

The recruiter contacted me about an open position. Sent me a questionnaire sort of thing over E-Mail to fill. After that I had first interview within a week later. It is just a screening round. 1 week after my first interview, I was asked about timings for 2nd round. 2nd round also went well.

After that my recruiter kept on telling me that the director of team I am interviewing for at Apple is deciding whether to take one candidate for the role or two. He kept on replying this for about 3-4 weeks. I kind of hoped that I will get this position. At the end of the 4th week, when I told him that I have another offer from other company and I need to respond to them, he told that the team is interviewing with another set of candidates through round 1 and round2 during this time. So literally recruiter lied on my face.
    I was a huge huge fan of Apple and been using all their products over the past 7 years. This incident and my other interviews with companies that I admire made me realize the hard fact that they only need us as customers. When it comes to they being customers(trying to buy us), they really judge a lot and even go to the extent of lying on the face.
    It wouldn't have mattered about how much I know the subject, but I felt that this will be the company that I will work for the next 30 years of my life and really give my best (or work over time as long as I am bachelor) and help Apple.
    Apple, honestly and with at most respect, u lost a true fan :( And I am no longer able to see their product and their vision the way I saw it earlier.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Apple in September 2016.

Interview

They asked simple technical questions like stack vs. queue, what is an optional in swift, asked about my projects and apps. Had me demonstrate an app I worked on, also asked about course experience.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple in August 2017.

Interview

1 phone interview followed by 1 FaceTime interview. Got a call from a hiring manager, a month after Apple visited my university. All interviewers were friendly. Overall experience was good. Unfortunately, I haven't heard back.