Apple Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Apple

7,967 Interview Reviews

Next-Generation Health Sensor Algorithm Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (San Jose, CA) in June 2019.

Interview

I had two phone interviews and 1 take home interview and I was invited for an On-site interview: It was a long day interview, 7 back to back interviews. Moderate-level questions.

Interview Questions

• Questions were about digital signal processing as preprocessing, different filters, different noises.
      Also I had a question about what would you prefer, Fully connected or convolutional layer if you care about keeping the location, while processing?   1 Answer

Materials Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA).

Interview

Started with a 30 min Powerpoint presentation with the team that would be interviewing me individually afterwards. 15 minutes of questions after my presentation ended. Mostly interested questions and clarifications about my experiences as listed on my resume and explained in my presentation. Afterwards, I had a full day of individual interviews with each team member. Mostly discussion of my general problem solving strategies and thought process on scientific research methodologies. Obviously, some interviews went better than others in my mind, but overall no openly hostile attitudes. Went to lunch in the cafeteria with one interviewer.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about the material you work on?   1 Answer

WW Supply Demand Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA).

Interview

Face to face interviews were easy. Majority of the weight was on case study which wasn't difficult but the expectations were to meet exactly how someone experienced at Apple would do it. They indicate there is no "right" or "wrong" answer but yet expect you to think and solve like a current employee.

Recruiting team lacks professionalism here. I was told to expect a response in 1 week post interview. After 2 weeks I followed up and at the 3rd week I received a 1-liner email indicating that group is hiring for specific needs at this time. I felt it is recruiter's responsibility to at least provide with an interview feedback, especially when someone is taking time to go through 2 phone interviews, 5 face to face onsite interviews plus 1 case study.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your logic for forecasting of a new item.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

A long one to day process. However, the questions are very practical and not out of the blue. The interviews are generally 30-45 minutes each and you get to meet most of the team through the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What conferences have you attended in the past few years? What was the most memorable paper and why?   Answer Question

Verification Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA).

Interview

I got in through a referral. It got scheduled pretty quick through a recruiter. The asked to have the first screen as onsite and no option for phone, since I was local I suppose. Recruiters and interviewer were quite professional.

Interview Questions

• Write SV assertion for a req/ack protocol   Answer Question
    • Find the number of '5''s in a rolling window of size 10. Flag an error when the count>4   Answer Question
    • Verify a packet processing DUT where packets coming in have a certain priority.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Got contacted by the recruiter and they setup the interview with the hiring manager with me. The process was very fast and the recruiter and the hiring manager were super nice and talked me through the team that I will be part of.

Interview Questions

• put vs post
      palindrome with sentences
      resume questions
      how do I troubleshoot a problem   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Interview was good, but be careful not to stop applying to other companies as they redacted their offer after we agreed upon the package. They did not also disclose the reason for the offer redaction I was really upset about the time I wasted on this.

Interview Questions

• When I could join and package discussion   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple in May 2019.

Interview

Not a great experience with Maps Search team . Didn’t come across as a team where one could learn a lot . I didn’t see an opportunity which could help me grow technical .

Linux Systems Administrator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple in May 2019.

Interview

Received a recruiter call, 1 screening process, it went well , no response or reply for few weeks and later a message mentioning the position is not open anymore. Wish they communicated well

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (Austin, TX) in May 2019.

Interview

It was sort of straightforward and lax. Regardless, what I disliked was how "open and real" the interviewer wanted me to be and he still faked it all out. He couldn't contain his fake attitude through the end of the interview and I realized by the end of it that I weren't going to get the job. How sad. I had all the assets required for the job but just a silly one which screwed me up. Well, at least I already know Apple is willing to hire Dope dealers over dedicated analytical programmers—yes, you heard it well, since someone I knew from College took that position instead.