Apple Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Apple Interview Questions

Interviews at Apple

7,966 Interview Reviews

Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

I have only gone through the first round of the interview process. But a group of four of us met two managers before the store opened. We were asked to introduce ourselves then a total of 3 questions before they opened it up for us to ask them questions. The entire process took less than 45 mins. It was relaxed and laid back. I haven’t heard back yet about an offer yet.

Interview Questions

• What are you most passionate about?   Answer Question
    • If you had a friend or a family member here in the store with you and you had to sell them on your favorite Apple product, what is it and why.   Answer Question
    • What was a time in retail or life equivalent that you had to deal with an unhappy customer? What did you do and what did you learn?   Answer Question

CAD Engineer Interview

Interview

Phone interview. 1. The recruiter asks about your background and goes over your past projects one by one 2. Technicial questions over linux 3. What kind of projects do you want to work on?

Interview Questions

• How do you debug segmentation fault?   1 Answer
    • How do you correct the occurence of a register name in the whole project?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Apple in March 2019.

Interview

I applied for a Siri / iCloud software developer position in Seattle, but I got matched to a recruiter in Cupertino hiring full-stack developers.

Before I was given an interview, the recruiter talked me over the phone. He believed that I could move forward and asked me to expect a technical interview. On the day of interview, instead of being given a technical interview, the manager of the recruiter called me and told me that it was going to be mostly non-technical questions. He spent 20 minutes asking me questions regarding my past experience since my undergraduate, which was 15 years ago. He challenged me on my decision to choose the major for undergraduate. And then asked me why I took the next step for every single change. I understand that they're supposed to learn about my experience, but the questions he asked made me uncomfortable. I don't feel those are the most important things he should learn about me either. He at last asked why I chose his team in Apple. I did not apply for the team, but got matched uncorrected. Neither the location nor the skills are a match. When he realized that my skill set is not a match for what they're looking for, he became very impatiently and told me that he had run out of time and ended the call. Of course, they declined me. The whole process was a mess from starting.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why did you choose this major for your undergraduate? Why did you not choose that one?   Answer Question
    • Q: Why did you choose this major for your master's?   Answer Question
    • Q: What are the courses you took in your graduate study (9 years ago)? What are the courses about?   Answer Question
    • Q: Why did you choose this company after graduated (7 years ago)?   Answer Question
    • Q: What did you do in your first team? Why did you spend so many years?   Answer Question
    • Q: Why did you leave your first team? Why did you choose this team as the second team?   Answer Question
    • Q: What did you do in the second team?   Answer Question
    • Q: Why did you leave the second team? Why did you choose this team as the third team?   Answer Question
    • Q: What did you do in the third team?   Answer Question
    • Q: Why did you decide to leave the team now?   Answer Question
    • Q: Why choosing this team in Apple?   Answer Question
    • Q: What do you know about our team?   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danbury, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Danbury, CT) in March 2019.

Interview

The first interview was with a group, the second interview was one on one with a manager one week later, and the third was with the store manager the next day. All of the interviewers were very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had do something you've never done before, tell us something we might be surprised to learn about you, describe your best customer service experience and your worst customer experience.   Answer Question

Language Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA).

Interview

My overall experience was incredibly bad.

I was a contractor and applied for an employee position. The whole process took around 3 months. I spent most of this time just trying to get answers... The HR person told me that I would be contacted for an on-site interview in one week. No news for 2 weeks, so I wrote an e-mail. They didn't apologize, just told me it would take another week. Ok. Finally, I went to the on-site interviews.

The interviewers were not professional at all, they obviously lacked experience and/or interview training. On top of that, half of the questions and exercises were irrelevant to the role I was applying to. Most of the time, I was wondering why they were wasting their time on irrelevant questions and when will the real questions come. The real questions never came.

At the end of the on-site interviews, I was very disappointed. I thought that they hadn't done their job correctly, I half wanted to go back and tell them how to do it properly next time. As a result, they didn't really know what competences I had or lacked for the role.

I hadn't failed the interviews per se, but I wasn't confident on the results either. So I waited for the answer. Needless to say that they made me wait again. They told me I would have an answer in a week but didn't contact me (yes, again). I sent them a friendly reminder 2 weeks later, they ignored it. I sent another one one week later. They finally answered. An HR person told me that they didn't select me. So I accepted an offer in another comapny. Then, 2 weeks later, they contacted me to say that they might have made a mistake and wanted to offer me a position later the same year. I mean, seriously...

The lack of respect, the lack of professionalism, the lack of organization, everything was so low-quality.

Of all the interviews I have done (Amazon, IBM, Google, and smaller companies), this was, by far, the worst experience.

Interview Questions

• Regular SDE questions on data structures, big O notation, algorithms, coding exercise. CLI commands questions. No or very few behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I interviewed with apple for fifth times and none of the recruiters show up on time. And this time even not showing up on the appointed time. Technical guys are great, but please fire all of those stupid hiring managers.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

I had at least 3 interviews with two different people. It was extremely thorough. It’s very important to allow your personality to show in these interviews because that’s one of the main things they look at.

Interview Questions

• How would highlight an iPhone to someone that’s never had one before?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Apple (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2019.

Interview

The interviewer asked me about my background. Asked few questions from the resume. Asked about my proficiency on data structures. Asked me how do you sort hashmap keys based on values.

Interview Questions

• Write a program that uses two threads to print the numbers from 1 to n.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (San Francisco, CA) in March 2019.

Interview

Contacted by email by a recruiter for a phone coding interview using a coding interview website. Interviewer was very nice and guided throughout the problem solving process. Question was determine whether a string is a palindrome or not.

Interview Questions

• Determine whether a string is a palindrome   2 Answers

Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (Miami, FL) in March 2019.

Interview

The interview process was a group interview, consisting of multiple small groups of 3 to 6 people. The questions are asked to each of the group members and everyone answers.