Apple Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 16, 2017
5,782 Interview Reviews

RFIC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Austin, TX).

Interview

Contacted via email and had phone interview, which was so easy that I thought there is something wrong. Anyways, asked me to visit team in Austin, TX. I went there for on-site interviews.

Interview Questions

• On site they were highly non-professional. They asked me to draw design schematics of my current employer. They do things hastily and try to create pressing environment so that you can tell them something. If you are going from big names like Mediatek, Samsung, Qualcomm or Broadcom then be careful, they are bunch of beginners who are trying to interview many people everyday so that they can get to know good design toplogies and try to copy over. This is just what I felt.   Answer Question

Fea Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Apple in September 2017.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me after I replied to his post on LinkedIn and sent him my resume. He set up a phone interview for a few days later with 2 senior FEA engineer. First asked me to go over my resume and then started asking technical FEA & Strength of Materials question for the whole 30 minutes. No behavioral questions or anything.
    I believe that asking such questions in the phone interview doesn't make any sense. They should at least ask you some questions about yourself. If you want to apply for Apple you should read the material on ME books like you have a comprehensive PhD exam. The recruiter emailed me 10 minutes after I hung up the phone and told me it's a no-go.

Interview Questions

• When modeling rubber like material in explicit FEA, you can't set Poisson's ratio as 0.5. Why? What would happen in the solver if you do that?
      I noted that it leads to an infinity in the stiffness matrix but he wanted more details.   1 Answer
    • Consider a cantilever bean with a load at the free end. Now tell me if there is any shear forces in the beam? Explain how the shear stresses distribute on the cross section of the beam as well as top and bottom layer? Where does the max shear stress occur? He tried to add more challenge as he kept on asking different things...spent about 15 minutes on this   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Austin, TX).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter. Apple gave me a homework assignment that was relatively simple and took a few hours. I was invited in for an onsite about two days later. Simple quick interview. Lasted about 45 minutes. Was contacted two weeks later that they extended the offer to someone else.

Interview Questions

Interview

Easy. Only had one interview, it will be a group interview setting, you'll be called if you get an offer. Be as friendly as possible during the interview and make jokes

Interview Questions

• Favorite product, describe a time where you didnt get along with a colleague, successes   Answer Question

Retail Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Boston, MA) in September 2017.

Interview

Just to see who you are as a person so they would ask you questions to see the way you present yourself and experiences with retail or in life in general.

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Sacramento, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Originally was so suppose to be a group of 5 or so, but no showed and it was just me. I interviewed with the Genius Lead. It’s very important to be your self and authentic. Apple doesn’t care how much you know about technology, but it may help you advance once in.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   Answer Question
    • Tell me about an instance where you had a customer you couldn’t please   Answer Question
    • Tell me about an instance in which you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question

Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (New Haven, CT) in September 2017.

Interview

After I applied, got an email about a month later to pick an interview day and time. So my interview was about 2 weeks after. I go in. There’s 3 other people. One applied for same position and the other two applied for different positions. Leading the interview were the store leader and manager. First thing they had us do was a sheet that asked our availability and what position we were interested in. Along with what best phone or email to reach at. After that, we introduced ourselves. Name, where you’re from, what’s on your Apple Music playlist. Now the questions. 3 questions. Then after we all took turns, interview ended. Took about an hour. They said we would get an email/call within a week if we would move forward and there would be 2 more interviews. I got an email next day saying that they thanked me for my interest but we’re moving forward. Pretty devastated. Seems they are strict who they will hire even though I have a lot of retail and inventory experience.

Interview Questions

• Why Apple?
      Feedback on leadership role?
      One more but forgot what it was   Answer Question

Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Small group of 3 people. The hiring manager was very nice and cool. The interview felt more like a small group, and not an interview. It was a very pleasant experience.

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Thousand Oaks, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received an email three weeks later inviting me to join a group interview that would be held in two weeks.

Including me there were four interviewees, we sat in a corner of the store on stools facing the manager. Interview lasted an hour. I did my best to be vocal from the start and went first for the introductions. We were encouraged to talk about our passions and what we would do if we had unlimited cash and free time. I had a sense it was going great for the first 10-15 minutes until he asked the first question.

"When was a time you helped someone close to you through a tough time?"

I've never had a question like this in an interview before, particularly in a group. I was trying desperately to remember anything else, but all I could think about was something I didn't particularly want to share. I was the last to respond and it was still all I could think about so I went ahead. Is this supposed to be an interview or a therapy session? I did my best to move on from that question and not let it get to me, but I felt super awkward for the rest of the interview.

There were four questions in total, and at the end he asked if we had any questions for him. I recommend thinking carefully about this. Unfortunately I think I was mentally checked out at this point as he had been making strong eye contact with everyone but me for the last 20 minutes of the interview. If I could do it again I would go prepared with as many great questions as I could think of. This seemed like a great way to end the interview on a strong note.

I received an email 24 hours later saying thank you, but they had decided to move on with other candidates.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you helped someone close to you through a tough time?   Answer Question
    • When was a time you encountered what you thought was an unreasonable customer and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question
    • When was a time you got results that exceeded everyone's expectations?   Answer Question
    • When was a time in your work that you experienced the most developmental progress and what did you take away from it?   Answer Question

ITunes Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Austin, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

HireVue. Interviewer was pleasant and professional. General customer service questions and a role play. As this was the first step, it was mostly about personality. There were only a couple technical questions. I made it through ok. Will be interviewing again, most likely next week.