Apple Mac Specialist (Apple Store) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 18, 2017

2.9

295 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Mac Specialist (Apple Store) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple in July 2014.

Interview

I submitted my resume online roughly two months before I heard anything back. I was first contacted by an Apple recruiter (who turned out to be one of the store managers) and did a really easy phone interview with him. I was then asked to come in for three in-person interviews (first with that same initial store manager, then another store manager, and then the final one was with the store lead and the regional sales manager). From there I was asked to fill out an application online, and from there I was called with an offer at $16/hour, conditional on a background check. The biggest thing I found prior to interviewing was to stay positive when talking to them. They asked about what Apple products I own, why Apple, my own customer service experiences and how they'd relate to Apple, what I do for personal development. I read prior to my interviews to not be afraid to use the same scenarios with each separate interviewer - and I found that extremely helpful since I felt like I could basically put my story on repeat when I kept going back for more in-person interviews. I've heard from a current employee that Apple as a company does not hire people quickly based off one interview, and I think that's a good sign that they know the people they're getting in their stores! Hope this info helps, and good luck!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation phase, they offered $16 per hour. No other talk about benefits yet though.

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Mac Specialist (Apple Store) Interview

Interview

Had 3 interviews. One at the office and then two at the actual store. All on three separate days. They rejected me through an automated email (at least they had the courtesy to let me know). Everyone was friendly but do your preparation; they are going to be tough and ask you a lot).

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot about specific examples to each question. Make sure you do your Apple research as well.   Answer Question

Mac Specialist (Apple Store) Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Apple in July 2014.

Interview

Employee forwarded resume to manager of store and the whole process took 4 weeks. It was not terribly difficult but I did not have any prior experience and I felt as though I wasn't a great fit for retail.

Interview Questions

• Straight word questions, no surprises of "name a time when you had to overcome something and you did not know to how to do it at first"   Answer Question

Mac Specialist (Apple Store) Interview

Interview

3 seperate interviews as well as one phone interview one was with store assistant manager and one was with gm the final was supposed to be with regional manager but wasnt available

Mac Specialist (Apple Store) Interview

Interview

They asked many situational questions: tell me about a time you had to do this or that. Tell me about a time you were faced with a dissatisfied customer, what did you do to fix the situation. After about ten of those, we had a free flowing conversation. Everything was pretty straight forward.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with a coworker   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple (Pasadena, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

If you are picked they email you for a group interview so be prepared for that.There is about 9 candidates that are within the group. They do ice breakers to get everyone's nerves out and have you introduce one of the candidates. It is the store manager and senior leader that do the interview process. By the way they take a lot of notes based off the answers you give to them.

Interview Questions

• Get to know all the latest on there products: hardware, software, and how it works. They will ask about all of it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Broomfield, CO).

Interview

The process took 4 months, and communication was nonexistent. Managers consistently late to interviews. When I signed the offer, I didn't even know it was for only part-time. Unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected or difficult. This is retail, and the managers are a mess.   Answer Question

Mac Specialist (Apple Store) Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Apple in April 2014.

Interview

A manager and a engineer interviewed me and asked me some very general questions, and said I was over qualified

Mac Specialist (Apple Store) Interview

Interview

I went through 4 interviews: one phone interview, two group interviews, and one individual interview. We had a conversation about our life experiences. It seemed like they wanted to get to know me on a more person level as opposed to the usual, "Tell me about a time when..." Owning an Apple product wasn't the most important factor, it just seemed like they wanted to know how I handled situations with people that were different from me.

Interview Questions

• What was your experience like in a previous work environment?   1 Answer

Mac Specialist (Apple Store) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

1) Hiring Event
    2) First interview with a floor manager
    3) Second interview with a Specialist manager
    4) Third interview with the Store Leader
    5) Fourth interview with the Market Leader (at this point the offer is basically guaranteed)

Any advice I could give is that if you really want the job, dress casually. They are hiring for looks whether the candidate meets "the brand". Go into an Apple store and talk to an employee on the floor about any advice they might have.

Be wary, the interviewers are trying to screw with you. They will reschedule your interview times last minute, ask you intricate questions about Apple that are impossible to know the answer to unless you already work there, and constantly make you feel as if you have failed the interview.

After my second round I was given a huge 10 minute explanation for how I should approach a rejection. "Just in case we reject you, you need to understand that I was rejected the first time I applied". They do this to see your response. I said "Well I really hope it doesn't turn out that way, I feel like I am a great fit for your company". Plenty of people will freak out and ask how they did, this will lead to a rejection.

50 people were interviewed for my spot. Every single thing you do WILL be taken into consideration.

Interview Questions

• You are overqualified for this position. Tell me why you aren't just going into a corporate sales position and seeking higher education?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations. I attempted but the number of other qualified candidates was so high that Apple was willing to walk away. I also had a higher starting wage because of my college degree, that was unwarranted otherwise since I had no retail experience. I made twice what a barista with 3 years experience makes at Starbucks. I couldn't complain.