Apple Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Apple

7,866 Interview Reviews

EPM Hardware Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (San Jose, CA) in May 2020.

Interview

Applied through referral. Had an initial interview with the hiring manager for 45mins -dove deep into technical. I had no hopes of making it to the second round, but they set up a panel interview for me 3 weeks later. Panel started off with a presentation for about 30mins followed by questions on the presentation. Then spoke to 4/9 leads from Product Dev, Operations, EE and Concept Dev stage. They all left great reviews for me with the hiring manager but decided to cancel the interview and not waste my time, because they needed someone to be more hands-on with engineering than what I do in my current role. Hiring manager asked me to take 6-9 months to an year to beef up my technical understanding to show in my resume and presentation. Pretty disappointed. Whomever I spoke to about this role said EPMs needed to have technical background so they can communicate between technical and non-technical teams but no one said I needed to be an engineer more than a manager.

Interview Questions

• What are the 3 key challenges that you think an EPM faces?   1 Answer
    • If there is a conflict in your team about a certain topic, how do you resolve it?   1 Answer
    • Situation where you ran a risk of missing the deadline and how you handled it? What was the outcome?   1 Answer

Battery Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in May 2020.

Interview

2 technical "screenings" followed by a virtual onsite round with 6 interviewers over a 7 hour period (45 min slots and breaks), completely technical in nature. All questions are drawn from core basics . i.e RC circuits, RL circuits, op-amps, filters, bode plots, DC-DC converter drawings and analysis and some complex circuit analysis. The interviewers were a mixed bunch, a couple very engaged and interested, some extremely disengaged and wanting to get through the round with minimal interaction. Overall there is little emphasis in talking about your past projects, just many problems to solve on the spot. Be prepared with those and you'll likely do well.

Interview Questions

• RC circuit voltage and current plots, inductive load circuit, buck converter analysis, complex circuit analysis, low pass filter behavior, ADC related calculations.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY).

Interview

The usual phone screen and on-sites

Overall very dissatisfied with their attitude. Their recruiters were flaky and disrespectful, as were the team. They were consistent late getting back to me, with changing opinions. At one point they tried to set up an additional phone screen even after I had done the onsite. Not respectful of candidates at all.

Interview Questions

• standard algo and data structures   2 Answers

Genius Bar Technician Interview

Interview

There is a multi-step interview process that starts with a cattle call. I interviewed multiple times and didn't feel as though they gave the candidates enough feedback or attention. Not the best experience.

Interview Questions

• Design a product and present it with a group.   1 Answer

Specialist Interview

Interview

It was a great experience! The staff surprised me in a good way. They seemed to care about us, the applicants. Also, the recruiters were really easy going and always there to help.

Display Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in April 2020.

Interview

Applied online --> contacted by recruiter in a week --> technical phone screen next week --> next day asked about availability of the onsite interview, scheduled after 2 weeks.

The position was exciting and the phone interview was crisp. This I can say as I verified my answers after the interview and the fact that I was informed that I cleared the screen within hours.

Once my final interview was scheduled I prepared rigorously for 2 weeks
    The evening before the interview I was again requested my availability for the interview next morning and very shortly I was informed by the recruiter that an offer had already been extended to a candidate for the position and that my interview for the next day was cancelled and would be contacted if the other candidate declines the offer.

My response to the recruiter and the Display team was:
    If today the team can cancel my interview a day before it was scheduled and after I have prepared for 2 weeks and informed my current employer that I will be taking vacation day, this team can certainly rescind an offer a day before my joining date after I have served 2 weeks of notice period with my current employer and informed them that I will be leaving the company.
    Today I lost a vacation day and tomorrow I could have lost a job.
    The risk in losing current job far exceeds the gains in the form of difference between my current job and the job at Apple.

Advice to management:
    Stop treating candidates as commodities.
    Show professionalism
    Get out of the delusion that Apple will buy the candidates with its benefits. There are a lot of mid-size companies with better benefits, work-life balance than Apple (do some research and you shall have the details)

Interview Questions

• 1. Basic fundamental EE questions.
      2. Explain the working of an OLED pixel
      3. How do you reduce the insertion loss in a system? Describe each method in detail.
      4. Basic ADC / DAC questions.
      5. Signal Integrity related questions
      6. Power Electronics related basics
      7. How do you select a PCB substrate?
      8. Explain the working of MiPi bus   Answer Question

Tech Interview

Interview

Very in depth. Asked lots of question. You need to have a lot of technical skills. Make sure you prepare for this interview. You have to make sure you understand all their questions

Interview Questions

• How are you in the workplace?   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

The initial phone screen was just a simple coderpad interview. The team was for Safari. They seemed to be looking specifically for students that have had Mac/iOS development experience. The total time lasted about an hour. It started off with a simple review of what the team was like but we quickly jumped into the technical portion. The last few minutes were left to answer questions.

Interview Questions

• Given an array of numbers, return the first non-repeating number   Answer Question

Product Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Got a phone interview with the HR. Then a couple from the design teams. Was given a one week design challenge on battery door mechanism. About to have another round of interviews. Excited

Interview Questions

• Basic stuff from stress-strain curve   1 Answer

Manufacturing Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Initially, there was a recruiter call, talking about my basic experience, trying to see if there is a match. Then there was first round technical phone screen with probably the team lead, which was purely technical, and then a second round technical phone screen which was more of behavioral.

Interview Questions

• What is process capability and explain a time when you had to use it   Answer Question