Apple Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Apple

7,027 Interview Reviews

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Applied through a reference. Was contacted two to four weeks later. They set up a first interview with recruiter and hiring manager. Then an interview with an engineer mainly going over my resume and simple Java questions.

Interview Questions

• Questions I got asked were what does the final keyword do in Java and how I would go through a list of country music words and track the frequency of common words.   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

One of the worst interview experiences I have ever had.

The setup and actual interviews was fine. The recruiter was quick to turnaround and give me the positive news and asked for a bunch of details to put together the offer.

Then I waited for weeks, and every week there would be some excuse about the delay. Finally I had made up my mind that I would decline because this is poor ethic, but I did not want to give them the satisfaction of just losing me and not having to explain themselves so I kept at contacting the recruiter asking for status updates. Finally got one last excuse with a decline.

I am glad I did not mention to anyone that I had a successful interview because it would have been really embarrassing to explain this. I guess the recruiter/team/Apple does not care about future employees/customers.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Submitted resume through campus career fair, and received a phone interview about two weeks after. HR setup the phone interview. Interestingly, I was interviewed with the head of the group directly, while the group currently only has 3 people. There wasn't any technical questions, and one behavioral question was about the most challenging class I'm taking right now.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't ask any technical question. One behavior question that I remember was about the most challenging class I'm taking right now   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Apple in January 2014.

Interview

I went to Apple's event on campus and a recruiter contacted me the next day, telling me I got an interview. It was very casual and mostly behavioral questions, demo my past projects and talking about my experiences. Keep in mind I am a college freshman, so this is not the usual case.

Interview Questions

• In the end, the recruiter (who turns to the project manager) informed me of my lack of experience, but would love to keep an eye out on me (she meant it sincerely) so I'll definitely apply next year with more material under my belt.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Agreed to meet on-site in Santa Clara. Stood outside, apparently interviewer was waiting at a different door. He offered water. After going into the interview room had a whiteboard coding session. It involved creating a Java function to find the smallest number in an array. They emphasized communication with the interviewer who I would be working with. They were flexible and helpful during this point. After there were questions about Big O notation and Machine Learning. After the interview, in the parking lot, he started asking me about previous jobs I held.

Interview Questions

• Open-ended Machine Learning question involving comparing data. There was a strong impression that they were fishing for a specific answer, or expecting something without providing much context.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Was scheduled for an initial technical interview for a new grad position after talking with an engineer at a fall on campus career fair. I only had about half an hour to prepare and was a little flustered so it didn't go great. It was a pretty standard 30 minute technical interview, though.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

It is an invited interview after an iOS hackathon in our university. The interviewer didn't ask too many questions, mainly about my previous projects on resume. Only one technical question has been asked.

Interview Questions

• Assume you have many pages of slides, you want to change the order when you are editing them, say, you would like to insert the 7th page after the 3rd page and before the 4th page. Design and implement your idea.   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Submitted resume through school career website. Got an email from an HR saying that I match with a team. Received a phone interview a week later. Around 30 minutes. 10 minutes resume stuff and 20 minutes questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Phone Interview

Interview Questions

• The recruiter forwarded my resume to the wrong team and the both the manager and I realized this as soon the interview started. What a waste of time   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Recruiter contacted me for phone interview. Phone screen took 20 min and they flew me over the next week for interviews with 8-10 people.

Interview Questions

• The technical interviews weren't hard but I got nixed by a top decision maker for lack of experience in one area.   Answer Question