Apple Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Apple

7,799 Interview Reviews

Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Dallas, TX) in September 2018.

Interview

Group interview setting with engaging questions and upbeat interviewees.
    It took 4 interviews to get offered position. The questions were not overly inquisitive but you can definitely see that they were looking for specific answers

Hardware Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in September 2018.

Interview

The interview process took a few weeks but I went through a few rounds of phone interviews where they asked me about my prior experience and a few technical questions to gauge my abilities.

Interview Questions

• What is the linux command used to view all files in your work directory?   1 Answer

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aventura, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Aventura, FL) in September 2018.

Interview

The first interview was a group interview. The environment was extremely welcoming and positive. First we introduced ourselves, both the interviewers and the interviewees and then we went straight into the interview. The interviewers went around the circle asking all of us the same questions until they were done and then they asked if we had anything to ask them.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question
    • What was a time where one of your work days had ended up being nothing like what you had planned for it to be the night before?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you were there for an employee in need.   Answer Question

Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Pittsburgh, PA) in September 2018.

Interview

There is a minimum of three interviews to be hired, and there is a ton of pressure to stand out. Since Apple doesn't really have openings there is a ton of applicants and it is imperative that you stand out. In order to be considered, you need to be passionayte about the brand itself, Apple is very focused on how their branding and employees attract consumers. I had two group interviews and a one-on-one interview.

Product Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Apple in September 2018.

Interview

Recruiter reached out with job opportunity. He set up technical call with an engineer on the team. Interviewer was very courteous and knowledgeable. Asked questions that truly exposed my knowledge and application of strength of materials.

Interview Questions

• What are you passionate about?   Answer Question
    • If there is a diving board, how would you half the deflection?   1 Answer

Design Verification Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in September 2018.

Interview

1 on campus interview with hiring manager and the 4 FaceTime interviews with engineers. The on campus inter view was some light technical verilog questions along with behavioral and questions about my resume, but the FaceTime interviews were more involved technically.

Interview Questions

• caches, computer organization, finite states machines, one C++ algorithm question involving hash tables   Answer Question

Operations Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple in September 2018.

Interview

Overall, a difficult and bothersome interview process.
    They kept changing the date and time of phone interviews.
    Final phone interview, interviewer yawned while listening.
    No questions asked, 30 minutes later declined for further steps.

Overall, very impersonal and not very respectful to the interviewee.

Release Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Sunnyvale, CA) in September 2018.

Interview

Call with recruiter for 30 min. Scheduled a meeting with Hiring Manager a week later. Interview went fine . Recruiter reached out within a week to schedule a OnSite

Technical Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in September 2018.

Interview

The interview process consisted of 3 interviews (2 phone interviews, 1 onsite). The first phone interview was with the recruiter who asked general questions about my resume. The recruiter then gave my information to a couple of different teams and from there, I was contacted for a phone interview with a manager from a specific team. The second phone interview was pretty much the same as the first, except with a couple of technical questions. After the phone interviews, I was brought on-site for a campus interview which was 4-5 hours with 30 minute interviews. I pretty much met different TPMs I'd work with and most of the interviews were asking about my experience with more of an emphasis on soft skills.

Most of the technical questions were pretty straight forward. I recommend knowing your resume in-out (as you should) but also brushing up on questions regarding soft skills.

Tech Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple in September 2018.

Interview

5 Interviews. Group and Solo interviews. Originally with HR, then Store Manager, then Regional Manager. Definitely care more about you then what you know about the products. The process was comfortable and all in store.