Apple Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Apple

6,868 Interview Reviews

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

1 Telephonic interview with recruiter and 1 with hiring manager,then onsite interview for a day with 5 people.

Interview Questions

• based on resume and couple of in depth technical questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

do we really need to negotiate at Apple? do not think so.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

It was a very professional process. The recruiters and interviewers were detail oriented and asked many questions about my background and area of expertise

Interview Questions

• collapse a binary search tree into a sorted list   4 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

A friend of mine referred me for a position and was immediately contacted by the recruiter for the team to schedule a phone screen with the hiring manager. This was mostly a technical interview for an hour. I was then invited for a full day on onsite interviews from 11 am to 5.30 pm. The onsite interviewers were all good to talk to and smart obviously. There is a lot of coding on a laptop with the screen projected and also a lot of white board coding and system design. The questions were not extremely tough but makes you think in terms of DS and Algorithms. The lunch turned out to be a very technical interview in itself but now the entire team is shooting questions at you. Overall, it was a good learning experience. My brain was too tired by the end of the day at 5 pm and I got a puzzle question which I was unable to solve which might be why I did not get the offer because most of the other interviews were fine but there may be other factors as well.

Interview Questions

• The technical questions were all what you would expect in software engineer interview. Nothing unexpected in particular.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Apple recruiter contacted me on LinkedLn. After initial introductory round, there was on technical phone screen.

After 4 days, their recruiter called me for onsite interview in Cupertino.

There were 5 interviews, 3 (2-1), and 2(1-1) interview. After first 4 fully technical interviews, last interview was with the director of engineering, which was mix of technical and behavioral.

Interviews was not very tough, they asked average question, even though I think I did fairly well in technical interview, I believe I wasn't well prepared for it, specially behavior interview . Questions were related to Design patterns, data structures, algorithms (BST related multiple problems, queues, linked lists etc). There were follow up question, how would you improve time/space compexity

Interview Questions

• how would you design evernote app, find circular loop in linked list, and other simple questions   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

The discriminate against you for your visa status. I would say worst company to interview for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

Met Apple recruiter through college fair. I've been applying online for ages without hearing anything back, so I guess Apple recruiters prefer candidates they've met in person.

I had two phone screens next month. The first one was technical and pretty easy. The second was behavioral. I actually was really surprised, I had expected Apple's screening process to be a lot more difficult. I was asked to interview on-site next month.

The on-site interview was way more challenging than the phone screens. I was still in college, so I knew a lot of things, but none in depth. The questions asked were directly related to the team's work, unlike most other companies -- where NCG's are usually asked questions based on what they've learned in school. I guess Apple's teams look for people they specifically need for a position even for college grads.

I was able to hold my own for most of the first technical interview, but I started losing confidence and getting very nervous. By the third interview, I was a mess. It took me 5 minutes to actually understand what the interviewer was asking of me. The last two interviewers asked me about my experience and projects I had undertaken in college and at my internships. They were pretty impressed, but I knew it was too late by then. Sure enough, I was escorted out right after.

I guess I was caught off guard by how much more difficult the on-site interview was than the phone interviews, and by how specific the questions were to the team.

Interview Questions

• Create a synchronization primitive for the operating system/kernel from scratch. I created a spinlock with test-and-set. Next, create a primitive that doesn't waste CPU cycles. (Essentially, how would you create a mutex inside the kernel?)   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple in February 2014.

Interview

I dropped my resume and talked with a engineer in Apple at my university Career Fair. I was contacted after one week and got a phono interview with a manager in Siri Team.

Interview Questions

• The accent of the interviewer was very hard to understand.
      Given an array with N - 2 elements (two missing) from 1 to N, find the two missing elements in linear time and constant memory usage.   12 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

Interview process begins with 30 min recruiter and next 30 min hiring manager. Next process is technical phone interview followed by onsite interview whole day.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Meet with the technical recruiter in the morning. He actually went over who I'd be talking to, and at approximately what time I would be meeting them. Lunch was included. The schedule indicated we'd end about 3-4pm.

All the interviews were technical. One of the interview slots was attended by 3 people, so it was like a panel.

All of the interviews involved coding questions. Lunch was with the potential future team.

Interview Questions

• I got asked an interesting strstr question: implement strstr using a linked list of linked lists. This is actually quite difficult, and I spent about 70% of the time designing an iterator to walk through the LL of LL's. With the iterator in place, strstr became pretty easy.

The guy interviewing me said that I produced the best answer he's ever seen.

This is actually quite a difficult question, and I've begun to use the first part (design an iterator over a LL of LL's) as one of my standard questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

I was contacted via linkedin, after I responded I talked to an HR person about what kind of position I would be interested in (10 minutes), then a week later a technical interview with with a hiring manager (30 minutes). That started off with a couple basic technical questions (how is a map implemented) then went into brain teaser/logic problems.

Interview Questions

• Ants are at the corners of an equilateral triangle labelled 1, 2, and 3, each ant starts moving towards the next one (1 towards 2, 2 towards 3, 3 towards 1) at the same constant speed. How long until they meet ?   9 Answers