Apple Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Apple Interview Questions

Interviews at Apple

7,759 Interview Reviews

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Phone Interview first, then attend face to face interview with panel of 6 People. On difficulty level is 7.5 out pf 10. But it was good experience. Panel members are good and friendly.

FE Methodology CAD Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

I applied online through Apple jobs website. Recruiter contacted through email. I provided my preference and availability time for phone interview. I did not receive any other update from recruiter. I followed up again, but no luck.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in February 2020.

Interview

A friend of mine who used to work at Apple forwarded my resume to some teams that were hiring. A recruiter ended up reaching out to me. I had a phone interview with the hiring manager, followed by a technical phone interview with a prospective teammate and an onsite interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Phone Screen was conducted. Thirty minute get to know you phone discussion with a recruiter Face to Face or phone call with hiring leader, then a few more face to face meetings with other members of the team and leadership. Offer.

Interview Questions

• The questions were thoughtful and not the typical questions, but it's not trying to trip you up. They also don't do a weird "what would you invent" type question. Sure, they investigate creativity, but in other pragmatic ways. It was a relaxed conversation, like a catch up coffee with a friend because it's more conversational. I felt that the interview process was challenging and again thoughtful. That's why I say it was hard.   1 Answer

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

First, recruiter interview. Then 2 phone interviews with the hiring manager and a developer. Then onsite with 5 rounds. It took about 3 weeks. Everyone was very professional and nice.

Wireless Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Two phone interviews, one with the Engineering Lead of the team . Both were technical.
    One onsite Interview.
    HR is the mediator in all stages. Interviewers were friendly and helpful.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in February 2020.

Interview

1 phone interview, and 4 rounds interview onsite.
    The recruiter didn’t tell any information about the interview. Not even how many rounds onsite.
    The interviewers are not well prepared. They booked a room without camera, while having the interviewer conducting remotely. Interviewers in different round asked similar questions.
    But those are not the worst part of the whole experience.

What annoyed me most is they won’t even let you know the result.
    I interviewed on Tuesday, and the recruiter said she will get back to me by Friday. A week later, I didn’t hear from her. I asked her gently in email, she said something delayed, and will let me know in another a few days. Still no response in a week. I asked again, and she said she needed another week to finalize the result. And I am now still waiting.

It’s OK being rejected. But apple’s recruiter won’t even let you know the result. I can’t believe it happened in Apple. I can’t imagine what the comps culture would be like in Apple, if they don’t even show a little bit respect to the candidates, by telling them the results.

I will never apply any position in Apple anymore.

Computer Architecture Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Easy questions. The HR did not reply me for two weeks after final interview, I sent several follow-up emails and got nothing. About three weeks later, I got rejected.

Hardware Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Recruiter for Apple Watch team reached out to me and wanted to schedule a phone call. Right before the call, sent an e-mail saying we need to reschedule. Instead of the call on rescheduled day, I receive another e-mail telling me my phone is unreachable. I immediately replied back that my phone is available to receive a call and infact, call back on the recruiter's number. No response. My voicemail showed no missed calls. I agree to reschedule and finally get hold of the recruiter. After asking generic information, recruiter says he will ask someone from the team to schedule a phone interview. 2 weeks go by, no phone call. I sent a reminder e-mail and his response is that he will remind the team. Another week goes by, still no phone call. I send a reminder e-mail one last time. No response from recruiter himself. Terrific company!

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in February 2020.

Interview

Open position in Search team.
    Had two telephonic coding rounds before being called for onsite interview.
    1st telephonic round coding question like Tree Serialize and deserialize, follow up question can the serialize string output be further compressed (which I didn’t have much time) . Then got an email from recruiter saying they want to have one more telephonic online coding round. In the second round coding problem asked was 3 sum problem with target equal to 0 and follow up was to find all possible combinations of subsets which equals target sum. Later next day got email from recruiter saying team wants to move forward with onsite interview.

All the communication with regards to scheduling or any updates is done via email recruiter didn’t call to inform or have even the initial introductory call.

Onsite interview email didn’t have any details apart from location and from and to time and hr contact name. Onsite interview every person who interview will give a coding question
    1st round - with Engineer question like How will you identify performance problem in java application and one coding question

2nd round- with Engineer coding question like given k sorted lists get top n elements based on search score (like merge k sorted lists and select top n elements)

3rd round - with head of the team asked some general questions and then asked couple of questions like dfs coding and how to generate synonyms for search query (this question is very vague basically idea is to look at the log or user interactions in given user session time like say 10 sec and use that info to generate synonyms)

4th round lunch round with entire team , felt like they were trying to access if the potential candidate fits in the team dynamic

5th round with hiring manager general info about company and team praising about the company and informing that the potential candidate that it’s not 9-5 job and later asked coding question like sort 3 unique numbers (hint 2 pointers)

6th round with Engineer asked about coding problem like k dimensional tree or point problem not able to recollect

7th round with Engineer started to explain about employee org chat problem what data structure and if employee view manager (direct or in direct like skip level) then the profile should be colored red, if manager views direct or indirect reportee then profile color should be green else for other case blue color. Need to code data preprocessing and other logic

Next couple of day later got email from recruiter informing about team passing.

Interview Questions

• Tree serialization and deserialization follow up compress serialize string output   1 Answer
    • 3 sum problem with target sum zero and follow up find all susbset combinations which equals to target sum zero   1 Answer
    • Merge k sorted lists and find top n elements based on search scores   Answer Question