Apple Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Apple Interview Questions

Interviews at Apple

7,966 Interview Reviews

Applecare Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Was referred by a friend. Came in for an interview, asked a series of questions and took a few tests. Completed drug tests and background check. After 2-3 days of no response, I was called and asked to come into the office. Came in, and was offered an iOS Advisor role. Within 5months, I gained the Senior Advisor role.

Interview Questions

• "If a customer called in about a previous advisor not giving the correct expectations, causing the customer to waste time and money, how would you de-escalate the situation?"   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple in August 2018.

Interview

The interview lasted 45 min, asked about my resume, and some technical questions. Most tech questions are about algorithms and OO design. The interviewer is nice, smart. It's a very good experience.

HRBP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in August 2018.

Interview

I started interivewing in August 2018 and met multiple teams, many times each lasting 3 to 4 hours of my day. I would wait weeks to get feedback, and assumed I did not make it through and then would hear that another team wanted to meet me- so the cycle repeated again. After about 4 months of this- December, I told the recruiter that theres something missing in my experience, my interview style, me- that doesn't fit w/the culture here, We left it at that, but I had interview burnout from the long interviews (multiple sessions for each req) and from chasing feedback...when I did get feedback it was so generic it didn't give me any insight to what I was weak on. I think after this round and after doing something very similar about 5 years ago at Apple and not getting an offer then- that the fruit company and I have to part company. No more apple interviews.

Interview Questions

• Example of a time I designed a Global program that resolved an issue and had ROI impact.   Answer Question

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Dallas, TX) in August 2018.

Interview

I applied in May and heard back in late July. I received an email that invited me to an interview the following weekend. I showed up dressed business casual for the first interview (don't overdress). The managers interviewing did not gather the group until the exact start time. I was a bit nervous, but the first interview was very easy. Be authentic and don't try to play a part or act smart, they see right through that. The first interview was to sort out bad eggs, so there wasn't anything asked that was necessarily challenging. I was called back about 20 minutes later for another interview in two days. The next interview was one on one with a top tier manager for the store. She was very nice and our interview was very conversational. It was extremely short however and only last 25 minutes. The final interview was three days later. To my surprise, this interview was with a group of five. This was the coolest but also most intimidating interview I've ever done. The district manager and store leader were conducting it and they solely only wanted to know about each of us individually. The interview was very long and also conversational. I received an offer about a week later! It was the best interview experience I've ever had.

Interview Questions

• What do you bring to Apple that is unique to you as a person?   Answer Question
    • Explain a time when you had to welcome someone new to your team, how did you do that?   Answer Question
    • What is your favorite app?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple in August 2018.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter on LinkedIn about a networking event for students and attended (mid summer). I wasn’t able to talk to a lot of employees due to long lines but I gave my resume out to three people and talked with two recruiters. A month later I was contacted through email asking if I was still interested/wanted to schedule an interview. I had my interview a week later on site with two members of the team. Two weeks later I received a call from the manager and the university recruiter saying I would be receiving an offer letter soon. This may have been slightly different because this internship is a co-op and I’ll be taking time off of college to intern here for 9 months. The interview itself was pretty casual and although there were supposed to be 4-5 interviewers, half couldn’t make it so there were only 2 team members interviewing me.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about X on your resume?   2 Answers
    • It looks like you are involved in a lot of things, will you have time if offered the internship?   Answer Question
    • What coursework have you taken?   Answer Question

Creative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Windsor, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (South Windsor, CT) in August 2018.

Interview

I was called in for a group interview with 3 other candidates. We sat around a table in the back of the store with customers milling around the entire time. There were 2 people conducting the interview. We were asked basic questions like, "tell us about yourself", and then they pulled out an iPad and had us answer random questions. One of my questions was, "tell us about a time when you turned a negative experience into a positive one". The interview went pretty well and they said someone would contact us within 48 hours to let us know if we'd be moving on. Almost a week later someone called me back. She apologized for the delay and said she had a wedding to go to. She scheduled a second interview for the next day.
    Second interview went great! I met one on one with a manager. Once again I was asked to describe myself and then he asked me a lot of questions that were more "personality" based than "work experience" based. Again, I left that interview feeling great. Within 2 hours I was called to schedule a third interview for the following week.
    Third interview, didn't go so well. The person interviewing me showed up late for the interview and when she found out I was waiting for her she gave me a dirty look. She had me sit by the front windows of the store, again, with customers milling around, and asked me to tell her about myself. It was during this point in the conversation that she asked me, "How old are you?" I was a little taken aback by this question because I didn't think you were allowed to ask that in an interview, but I answered her anyway and continued with the interview. I left the interview scratching my head because the first two interviews went so well, and this one was just odd. I was called 2 days later and told they were pursuing other candidates.

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Austin, TX).

Interview

The interview process is lengthy. You normally go through a hiring event first, which is a group of people (5-20). Then you go through at least 3-6 one-on-one interviews. I went through 3 interviews and decided to not continue the process. Interviewers seemed rush and mind was elsewhere the entire interview.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Interview

I can’t get in touch with the hiring manager “Ashley” because after the “Alabama store” gave me the run around and told me to apply online with my resumé and then print out my resumé and it’d be better to turn it in “in person” and that it would help me more, “a manager”told me to call in on a certain day to get in touch with the “hiring manager” so I did, on the exact time and date just to find out that she wasn’t there, which I found out later that she was, afterwards I was told to wait till wends-day to talk to her so i did and today when I called her I was greeted by someone that said she wasn’t there and then found out that she was there by a friend, and since I am having such a hard time getting in a business where i invest and spend most of my money and time, I won’t quit but I am going to call in 2 times a day now, since me, the guy with 15+ years sales experience a high school diploma, and about to have a 10 year degree in the field applied for can’t get a hold of 1 simple person. I know that I am extremely overqualified for this job and since I am being put theough this cycle of lies and people not leading me in the right direction, I wonder how Apple expects to change the world when they are bussy hiring people who don’t even care about hard working enthusiastic people who aren’t a bunch of quitters and want to actually make some sort of difference. I know once I can finally start a career there maybe then the lies will stop and I can finally start working my way up.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in August 2018.

Interview

Had a phone interview with the HM. Followed up with an invitation onsite. Interviewed at Apple in Cupertino. Had 7 interviews, all technical. Thought I did well, only to get ghosted by the recruiter :( Worst interview experience I've ever had.

UI Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Sunnyvale, CA) in August 2018.

Interview

Recruiter made first contact and asked if I’m interested in the UI developer position. Scheduled a group phone interview the next week and then made it to on-site interview two weeks after.