Apple Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Apple

7,759 Interview Reviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in February 2020.

Interview

I was asked to describe interfaces for frameworks/classes to solve different problems (for example, design a framework for playing cards), as well as questions about Xcode tooling, rendering and animations.

Interview Questions

• How does UIKit renders views on the screen?   1 Answer

Product Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Apple (Austin, TX).

Interview

Apple staff came to the university and I was selected to have an interview on the same day. The interview was a one-on-one with the hiring manager. The interview consisted of three questions followed by my own questions.

Interview Questions

• FBD of three ropes and a weight: find the tension in all three ropes.   1 Answer
    • Find the force exerted at the end of a cantilever beam knowing the forces and distance.   1 Answer
    • Label the stress-strain diagram and then draw how a metal would behave if a load was applied and then removed.   Answer Question

RF Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in February 2020.

Interview

Initial phone screen. Contacted by recruiter within a week of applying. He asked me some basic questions about my situation and gave me some pointers to help me succeed in the next round of interviewing.

Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Portland, OR) in February 2020.

Interview

two phone rounds followed by an onsite at Portland. Interviewed by six people on various concepts of Design , verification and algorithms .Quite challenging to be fair. The collective experience of the entire team was close to 100 to 130 years while I had 3 years :P

Interview Questions

• 1) Swap in Verilog 2) Print 2D matrix spirally starting from centre 3) randomize the size of a 2D matrix/multi dimentional array 4) Fork-join and how to disable fork 5) Assertions
      6) Reverse a string 7) How to verify a vending machine 8) Application of UVM Barrier class, 9) Divide by 5 state machine and extract a mathematical equation to generate the next state , 10) Write a system verilog test to verify if all the clocks on the SOC have been switched off after writing 'b1 to a register , 11) Why do we need UVM agents , 12) How is UVM Scoreboard implemented, 13) Constraint address to word accessible , atleast 2 ways to do it , 14) Test Plan and functional Coverage   1 Answer

Battery Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Apple in February 2020.

Interview

I applied online on Apple career postal, a few weeks later a recruiter called me to setup an interview with the hiring manager. The interview was kinda tough but I was expecting that since that’s Apple.
    The manger didn’t talk about the position at the beginning of the interview, he even gave me the chance to talk about myself or background, he went straight to technical questions, which were kinda deep for an entry level who just graduated from school.
    The issue was, the manger didn’t give me the chance to answer his questions completely, he was interrupting me, and move to the next question very quickly even though we had time!! At the end he didn’t give the chance to ask my questions, he just said I don’t have more questions, goodbye and then he hanged up!!

Apple Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I interviewed at Apple (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2020.

Interview

Not a great experience. Interviewer was over an hour late and 4 of us were left waiting outside of the store for first interview at Scottsdale Quarter location. Should of been a red flag right then and there but continued through interview process. Final interview at location by male manager was uncomfortable, he was rude distracted and didn’t seem to care about me at all. For someone that served in the military I would expect them to have more respect for people but must be one of those entitled military members that thinks the world owes them everything. Whole process was disorganized and you need new leaders.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in February 2020.

Interview

• 1 minute introduction of my background
    • He introduced the Apple Watch team
    • Two parts of technical questions. First part is about mechanics of materials, second part is about manufacturing.
    • Do I have any other questions?

Interview Questions

• • How would you decrease the deflection of a canter-lever beam?   2 Answers
    • • How would you make an open-top aluminum box which has very thin walls at each side?   1 Answer

Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Whitehall, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Whitehall, PA) in February 2020.

Interview

The interviews were very cool. Its a multistep process, and applicants should expect anywhere from 3-5 interviews before getting accepted to the position. I went through 3 interviews over the course of 3 months. I applied in November, and i heard back from them in February. The first interview was over the phone. It was a brief conversation about why I wanted to apply and stuff like that. They asked me to go over my resume on the phone as well. Don't be nervous because they want you to be you!

For my second interview, I was called into the store that I had applied to, and I found out it was a group interview with 4 other people. Once again, it was just like having a converation with a group of friends. It lasted for about an hour, and they addressed everyone during the interview with different scenarios, and how we would handle them. Plus they asked us about our past experiences and how might be able to better the team enviroment at the Apple store.

The final interview was a one on one with a store manager just so they can get a sence of who I am. From what it seemed, they had already made a decision on hiring me. It was a super short 15-20min interview/conversation. This time they did lay down some expectation they had from me, and asked me what expectations I had for them.

Junior Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Baltimore, MD) in February 2020.

Interview

The interview was conducted at school, and I really enjoy the great personalities of both interviewers, it is not formal but I received a bunch of resourceful insights on my portfolio.

Interview Questions

• What kind of design will you specify at after you graduate?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Apple (Austin, TX) in February 2020.

Interview

10 minutes interview on campus after I gave a brief about my background and tech research and project I worked on. Then they scheduled another one for 30 minutes but this one you go to meet the team leader to check your technical skills and background

Interview Questions

• Started with why I am interest in system team, then what was the most important project and weakness   1 Answer