Apple Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Apple Interview Questions

Interviews at Apple

7,964 Interview Reviews

AppleCare College Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple in May 2018.

Interview

After applying online, I met with a rep at my local university job fair. After giving the rep my information, they were able to take down my info and emailed me within a few days to start the 1st step of the interview. The interview has 3 parts. Phone screen, live video interview, and the last part is the training test if you do take the job.

Interview Questions

• Explain an experience where you've dealt with an upset customer   Answer Question
    • What would be the 1st troubleshooting step you take if someone tells you their wifi isn't working on their iPhone?   Answer Question

Privacy Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in May 2018.

Interview

Was contacted by recruiter to set up phone screen interview. Had phone screen with the hiring manager who would have been my boss. Most of the interview was focused on job-related concepts and hypotheticals. It took about a week in all.

Interview Questions

• What is a hash and why is it useful for protecting privacy?   Answer Question

Battery Electrical Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in May 2018.

Interview

I interviewed to 6-7 people onsite after having phone call with hiring manager. It was from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Each person asked question from different areas. Interview at these big companies are very routine and nothing special happens.

Interview Questions

• SOA of mosfet, how to choose a mosfet, buck converter,....   1 Answer

Compliance Manager, Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple in May 2018.

Interview

Received an email response from a recruiter within 2 days of online application submission. Call with recruiter was 30 minutes and very high level. The role is very technical and it was clear the recruiter was "winging it" around the specifics of the role. Second phone call was with the hiring manager and also 30 minutes. This call was the opposite of the first. The hiring manager dove right into very specific compliance based questions and continued for duration of the call. There was never a discussion on 1. my background and what experience has taught me, 2. What my career goals are, 3. Why Apple? and 4. Anything outside the very specific scope of work this manager envisions for the role. In other words, it wasn't very encouraging from everything I had heard about this great company. This sounded like a silo operation with little engagement with team members - not what the open requisition detailed. The call ended positively as we ran out of time. I answered all the questions in full. I never heard back from the recruiter or anyone, it just went to radio silence. I found it unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• How many other jobs are you interviewing for? - Recruiter   Answer Question
    • Have you ever interviewed for Apple before? - Recuiter   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in May 2018.

Interview

STAR Method type questions were asked in sequence through a 20-25 minute phone interview, consisting of a number of anecdotal or behavioral questions mainly around conflict resolution in a matrix management environment.

Interview Questions

• Was there ever a time you had to work with someone who’s personality was very different from yours? Can you tell me about how that affected your work?   Answer Question

Screener Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in May 2018.

Interview

There was first a call with recruiter, then a call with the hiring manager, 6 interviews, over the course of a day with a mix of personality questions and technical questions

Interview Questions

• If you drop a rock in a lake, does the water go up or down?   Answer Question

Creative Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Apple (Baton Rouge, LA) in May 2018.

Interview

The interview itself is traditional in nature. The process is lengthy. I went through five interviews over the course of several months before being hired. I was interviewed by several of the store leaders.

Interview Questions

• Describe an interesting problem and how you solved it.   1 Answer

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Met the interviewer at a campus fair and gave him a copy of my resume. The interview was done over a phone. 30 minutes, several technical questions. There were some questions on past projects and resume material as well, if I remember correctly.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

One phone interview followed by onsite interview with 5 rounds. Onsite interviews were half an hour each including one lunch interview. The HR got back to me a week after my interview with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Questions on resume, past projects, c coding, verilog coding   2 Answers

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

interviews were not too long and difficult once you're in the company. It was a lateral move. Met with the manager a couple of times to discuss the role and made the move after that.