Apple Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Apple Interview Questions

Interviews at Apple

7,964 Interview Reviews

Product Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple in April 2018.

Interview

Technical Phone screen with the Hiring Manage was timely and normal. Shared about my past experience and was asked technical questions relating to it. There was no mind bending questions but basic engineering questions.

Interview Questions

• If you shorten a spring, what will that do to the stiffness of that spring?   1 Answer

Senior Algorithm Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

I applied via LinkedIn. Got contacted by 2 different recruiters for 3 different positions (all in Cupertino). I did a partial onsite with team #1 (met the team manager and 1 more team member), a phone screen + full on-site with team #2, and a phone screen with team #3. I chose not to pursue my application with team #1, ended up getting an offer from team #2, and team #3 chose not to pursue my application. In addition, I also filled out an email questionnaire about my past experience and worked on a 3-day homework problem (coding and signal processing). Overall, the process was very streamlined, efficient, and respectful of my time. The on-site was a full day event. I met with the recruiter, a project manager, and 6-7 other engineers/managers from my team and allied teams. They offered me lunch at the Macs cafe. No tour of facilities, labs etc.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were a mix of technical questions (signal processing and machine learning) and behavioural questions (working with cross-functional teams, leadership qualities etc.). Some of the technical questions were very pointed (e.g. write a formula for something), while others were more open-ended and allowed for back and forth engagement with the interviewers. I'm glad I brushed up on my DSP basics the night before the interview :)   Answer Question

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (New Haven, CT) in April 2018.

Interview

The interview process was interesting. It was a group interview, which wasn't the most optimal interview environment. We were also interviewed on the store floor, so it was quite loud and distracting. It felt more like a competition than an interview.

Interview Questions

• What is a problem you faced in life and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

It was with two hiring managers asking you questions, asking about availability, and then telling you when you will hear back from them. Definitely ask them questions to show that you are interested in this role.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Austin, TX) in April 2018.

Interview

I saw the job position in a website. After this, I send my resume and applied online. At the same day I received a online test, I did the test (a IQ test), after this the intermediator send my information to the company and the interview was scheduled.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Apple in April 2018.

Interview

The recruiter reached out via LinkedIn. Had two phone interviews with hiring manager and peer before an on-site with 6 other people in main campus. Took about three weeks to hear back.

Test Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple in April 2018.

Interview

Four phone screens with the everyone in the team.
    They are very slow. The role was for testing team in Core OS power the role was interesting
    Each phone screen was for 1 hour
    they asked me dvfs,C basic ,OOPS concepts bit manipulation

Interview Questions

• String reversal and test cases - C
      First duplicate in the string - python   Answer Question

Creative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mission Viejo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Mission Viejo, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

The vibe was very cult-like and felt as if they expected you to pledge your soul to Apple. This was a group interview including me and 3 other applicants. We sat next to each other in the corner of the Apple Store and were asked to introduce ourselves to the applicants sitting next to us, and remember what they said, and repeat what they said about themselves to the rest of the group. Then, we were given questions in different orders, and sometimes at random, to increase pressure. Not all of us were asked the same questions. Some of the questions were difficult and required a lot of time to think of an answer. Many of the other applicants gushed about how they wake up every morning and think of using Apple products and how they just love the feeling of opening an Apple product so much. The manager also tried to sell us on the new iPhone X.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you were able to help a struggling co-worker become amazing.   1 Answer
    • Tell us about a time when you exceeded the expectations of others.   1 Answer
    • What's your favorite Apple product/app.   Answer Question
    • What's the best experience you have had in the Apple Store.   Answer Question
    • The new iPhone X is amazing. You have to get it.   Answer Question

At-Home Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Atlanta, GA) in April 2018.

Interview

I applied online and got a call a month later screening if i was still interested in the job. then I set uo and interview over hirview which is like skype. i got a call a week later saying i got the job

Interview Questions

• When/How have you gone above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

At-Home Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Atlanta, GA) in April 2018.

Interview

I absolutely loved the interview process, the individual who interviewed me was easy to talk to, I felt welcomed even though I didn't even know If I had the job or not. He clearly expressed what the job offers and what they are looking for in a candidate.

Interview Questions

• Describe previous scenarios in which you had to fix a problem   Answer Question