Apple Inventory Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 25, 2017

2.9

24 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Inventory Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

1st Interview was a group panel interview about 20-30 mins

2nd was a 30min more personal one on one

Team was very relaxed and personable during the interviews. Not stuffy or uptight. Just wish the panel interview was longer. We barely was asked 2 questions before the time was up and I was paired with a long winded individual.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in April 2016.

Interview

Start of with a group hiring event, if you meet the criteria they are looking for, you will be contacted to set up an individual interview. If you don't, you will receive an email saying something to the effect of "At this time, we have chosen to move forward with other candidates, but we appreciate your interest and encourage you to look for other opportunities at Apple." like I did.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to step in and resolve a conflict?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

This was a very entertaining process. A group of about 20 were briefed all together before being separated out to groups of 5 for collective 1 on 1s with Apple associates. In the large group, Apple's current employees ranged from prior retail specialist to former secretaries and fast food workers. Many of their backgrounds were addressed as well as their progression through various hiring stages with Apple. In the smaller groups of 5 questions were asked and any of the 5 interviewees could chime in and answer. Based on those answers Apple either called back for a follow up interview or politely moved on. Within 2 hours of the initial interview, I received a call back for a follow-up.

After a successful follow-up interview, Apple informed me that they would like to bring me on, however; there has not been any funding allocated for the specific position that I was interviewed for. While the interview process was both relaxing and interesting, the final outcome was sad as I was also offered the possibility of a position on the sales floor. With multiple positive comments on my interview and resume, and a positive background check as well, I never received an offer from Apple.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with a customer who seems to be upset about the service they received?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Bloomington, MN) in October 2015.

Interview

Apple's interview process is very lengthy and patience is a must during their hiring process. The 1st interview was done over the phone, which tends to be the norm in the industry. This interview was more formal and commons questions regarding your previous work experience. The 2nd, 3rd and 4th were in person with different teams members that held management positions. The in person interviews were more open questions and definitely non formal, I would say they were very casual questions, which make you more comfortable during the 15-25 minute interview. A week after the last interview I received an email from the hiring person in the market with a very simple and discrete NO.

Anonymous Employee in Saddle Brook, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Saddle Brook, NJ) in September 2015.

Interview

The Apple hiring event was a very positive experience, with a friendlier vibe than a more serious one. The attending Apple employees made sure you were comfortable and at-ease with the whole process. Along with video packages and a chance to ask questions, there were multiple groups of smaller people that had their own tasks to complete and questions to answer.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

The process was long and crucial, had to go through dozens on interviews but got the job in the end. It was first a group interview which after they choose a couple of candidates. After which you would receive an email letting you know which store in particular wants to interview you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Austin, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Very surface level, do not need to worry about technical experience. Interview seems to mainly search for personality matches with the company; they frequently reassure you they can teach you anything you need to know. They take along time to get back to you at first (after their Hiring Event), be prepared to wait 1-2 weeks. Do not worry about dress code at all, they are looking for a personality match to the company culture (you would be wearing just an Apple t-shirt and jeans on the job anyway). You walk into the Apple store, check in with the front door specialist, and wait around the front product tables, and then they walk you out of the store and find some quiet place in the mall to interview.

My biggest frustration was that I had THREE interviews after the Hiring Event (which, the hiring event was basically a group interview), but the questions never became more difficult, and at times it was clear recycling of the same questions. They never ask you about your qualifications or experience (I had it!), just about "Why Apple?" questions and similar. The reason this was so frustrating was when I got the rejection letter, I had no idea what was different with the last interview, all the questions were virtually the same each time and I tried my best to keep variety. It wears you down, and I now know why people say 'it is harder to get hired at Apple than to get into Harvard'.

The rejection letter is very abrupt, and their email system feels very impersonal so you never get the feel that you are really connecting with any management there. Overall, the interview process is best described as surface level: You can tell when they are asking the basic weed-out questions like "What was a trait in your last boss that you didn't like?" (NEVER answer this one truthfully), but other than that it is hard to tell what they are looking for in you, or anyone for that matter.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you were given a difficult task/project with little information, and how you excelled at that project/task with what you were given.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Syracuse, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

As an internal candidate I had to write up an internal "Apple" resume showing the positions of held in the company and results I'd shown. My interviews were three: one with the area manager, one with the store leader, and one with the market leader. I had some help with the STAR method of interviewing from an internal manager prior to the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you didn't get along with a coworker and how you handled it.

Why do you want this position   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Dallas, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

Applied and was invited to attend a group interview. Around 70 people showed up for the group interview, and then roughly 10 were selected for interviews after the group interview. Had the first interview with the store leader within a few days, and the interview with the market leader later that day. Interview process was more of a conversation than a sit you down and grill you interview.

Inventory Specialist Interview

Interview

I was contacted by Apple to schedule an interview time with them at a hotel. It was a large group interview and there was a presentation on Apple as a company. After that, we introduced ourselves and were asked some questions. The groups were then broken down into smaller groups and were asked questions there.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite Apple product and what do you use it for?   Answer Question