Apple Ios Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Apple Ios Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Apple

3.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

They contacted me from linked in. Starts with brief talk with recruiter about what your careers goals are and really checking your skills and work history but no technical questions.

They then set up a technical phone interview. Series of trick questions about objective c and swift. Not helpful. Evasive interviewer. I thought I hadn't done well but was hard to understand the interviewer and they acted emotionless. No clue. The interviewer sounded like a junior programmer just out of school. No experience but know what the book says.

Received an email from the recruiter a week later saying it went well and wanting to schedule an onsite interview. I sent in a list of dates but apparently this recruiter ignores emails. A while later he emails wanting to talk and asks dates despite what I had sent earlier.

On site interview was awful even before it started. Dumpy off site building. I arrived early and they didn't have a lobby. The recruiter said he'd come out in a minute but it was a lie. I stood outside of the building for 15 minutes waiting.

Building interior dumpy. Every programmer in this particular facility appeared to be an import from India or Russia. Met no one from here during the entire day. Bad group. Question from an interviewer included, "how do you stay motivated". Sounded like a plea for advise to help him with a boring job. The manager said they get jerked around by arrogant people demanding they respond to random requests. Sounds like infighting.

Lunch was part of the interview with strange logic problems being described as we're walking around a cafeteria trying to find something to eat. Very hard to visualize.

Overall interview felt like gotcha interviewing. Trying to trip you up. Not helpful. Not respectful. Very geared to junior developers like a final exam from an algorithms course.

No surprise the recruiter ignored emails sent after the interview and created typos when filling out the template rejection email.

No way to provide feedback. Apple overall needs to improve this process from start to finish. Very unprofessional. Company feels like its imploding.

Even the trip coordinator messed up. Hotel room accidentally billed to my personal credit card. Again no one accepts responsibility. Wouldn't fix it but wanted me to submit paperwork to get reimbursed. Was time consuming.

Interview Questions

• Char *c = malloc(50)
    C++
    free(c)

What happens?   4 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Ios Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

2 phone screens, then a 5 hour onsite that is comprised of 5 different interviews.

Overall the interview process was good, but one interview in particular was grating. The two individuals weren't certain on how to interview people or ask questions in general. Any time I tried to clarify the senior developer's questions he would answer me with more questions. When I tried to answer what I thought were his questions he would get upset that I wasn't answering what he was asking (although I don't think he understood his own question). While I was coding he would consistently look down at his phone and not pay attention, chiming in every once in a while with a cryptic question/criticism. These two engineers were arrogant and unhelpful.

Their interview isn't too difficult, just make sure you brush up on data structures before going in. The phone screens are significantly easier than the onsite.

Interview Questions

• Design the springboard application.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

I applied online for an iOS Engineer position. I was kindly contacted by the Apple recruitment team and we arranged a screen call with the technical manager of the team I applied for. The recruitment process use to take a couple of 30 min screen calls and a 1:1 interview. I didn't pass the first call.

During the call I was asked about performance optimization, debugging, threading and algorithmic complexity of a suggested problem.

Interview Questions

• If you have a program that runs slow, how will you improve it to run faster?   7 Answers
    • How will you implement sets and the intersection operation? Complexity?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

phone interview for 25 minutes. Started with a question about my background, then followed with technical questions about stuff in my resume. Had another phone interview interview with 3 other engineering managers, they were very technical (programming, software engineering, ..etc). Was invited for an onsite, got offer.

Interview Questions

• stack or a heap, which is faster?   2 Answers
    • what is your preferred programming language? Why? How long will it take you to learn a new programming language?   Answer Question

Negotiation

not much room for nego, the offer was great nonetheless.

Ios Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple in September 2014.

Interview

Got contacted via email (LinkedIn). Had 2 phone interviews. Very nice people, very professional. Emphasis was more on generic Computer Science questions than specific iOS APIs. Had to solve some specific questions involving efficient use of data structures.
    Other topics involved multi-threading, Obj-C basics, design patterns, profiling tools.
    At the end had a chance to ask my own questions. Not much time for this so have them ready.

Interview Questions

• How to debug a crash in the auto-release pool   1 Answer

Ios Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Apple in February 2012.

Interview

Got in touch with technical recruiter via LinkedIn, was scheduled for the phone interview. Totally had 4 phone interviews.

1st Technical questions and Background questions
    2nd Technical questions and Background questions
    3rd Technical questions
    4th Background questions

Interview Questions

• Explain what is the stack of autorelease pools. How autorelease pool work under the hood?   1 Answer