Apple Lead Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Apple Lead Analyst Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Lead Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Apple in March 2015.

Interview

Phone screen with hiring manager, followed by ~5 hours of onsite. Phone screen went very well, but I was told very little about what to expect at the onsite. Couldn't find much of anything online about similar interviews at the company, which made me wonder if they're having reviews taken down (?). And I wasn't allowed to get the names of who I would be meeting, so it was very difficult to know what to prepare, and I guessed incorrectly.

First meeting was a 2-on-1 discussion of my resumé. Second meeting was a technical interview with math on a whiteboard. Then lunch with the hiring manager. At least the food was good and that seemed to go well enough. Then a short presentation just going over slides with the hiring manager, 1-on-1. Then a 2-on-1 technical interview with more math on a whiteboard. Then a discussion of my resumé with someone else. Last meeting was coding on a whiteboard. If it had gone well, I would have met with a Senior Manager at the end of the day, but it didn't go well enough, so they said he was "busy" (I knew he wasn't actually busy).

Everyone was polite enough, with the possible exception of one person who was sort of grouchy, and one who made a comment that raised sort of a red flag for me.

Got the impression that interviewers were talking to each other about me as the day went on, which has been shown to introduce confirmation bias into the process.

Sad to say that although it wasn't great, it wasn't entirely unpleasant, and in that regard it was one of the less painful technical interviews I've done.

Interview Questions

• If you're given global product sales numbers for 3 slots on a website like Amazon, and specific sales numbers for 3 products, how would you rearrange the products to maximize profit?   1 Answer
  • If you're given a jar with a mix of fair and unfair coins, and you pull one out and flip it 3 times, and get the specific sequence heads heads tails, what are the chances that you pulled out a fair or an unfair coin?   11 Answers
  • How to count lines in a file that consists only of a list of strings?   2 Answers
  • What if the file is really big and doesn't fit in memory?   1 Answer