Apple Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

Apple Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

Updated Jun 23, 2017

Apple Retail Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online, contacted by email and given the interview time. First interview, a group interview to see how you communicate and answer questions is more of a personality test than anything technical. Took a little over an hour. They said they would call or email within a few days to inform whether or not you have moved on to further interviews.

This is only the first round and have no idea if I will be asked back. I will say that there were 24 name tags ready and only 14 were there on time. Two came in late and that's a big no-no. With the number of applicants and desire to work for Apple Retail, I'm surprised there were that may no shows.

You can't be what you're not so all you can be is yourself for these first rounds. I will tell you I picked up on how people answered their questions directly to the manager and didn't make eye contact with others in the group as they were talking. You're actually telling the story to everyone and I would say you would stand out a little more if you answered the question and made eye contact with others in the group.

Interview Questions

• The group interview is where you pass around an iPad and answer a given question. They questions are generic - tell of a customer experience that . . . or describe where you had to deal with a difficult person . . . etc. I'd says it's less on what you actually say and more as to how you react and how you communicate to others in a group setting.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Apple (Santa Ana, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me for a job position. Got a phone interview a few days later. The whole process is over an hour long, they asked a lot about technical experiences.

Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Pasadena, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

The Hiring Events vary in size and scale but in my experience I was part of two panel interviews and a two person interview with store managers. During the interview process it became apparent that Apple is more interested in your personal/interpersonal skills over technical knowledge of Apple hardware. However, having technical knowledge of Apple hardware is a beneficial plus but not a requirement.

The last interview I was a part of was with another candidate asking questions meant to find out more about your skills and abilities to deal with adversity and personal challenges and how you overcame them.

Interview Questions

• Please recollect a time you dealt with a difficult customer/interaction and found a positive solution/outcome?   Answer Question
    • How have you helped others in your professional experience?   Answer Question

Data Entry Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

They sat me down and asked me if I felt I was right for the job. They then asked me what my experience was. They asked me what I felt about doing the job for them. They then asked me if they could call my recommendations and get a review of me.

Interview Questions

• What is your best attribute?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Apple (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I got an email from HR for arranging a phone interview. After two days, got a call from Apple, interviewed by one team manager and one team member. It took around 30 minutes, asking me some basic questions about my background. Both are very nice. I would suggest to be familiar with your resume content as much as possible.

Interview Questions

• tell me two research project you are working now, and some follow-up questions based on the reply   1 Answer

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sherman Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Sherman Oaks, CA).

Interview

We were invited to join a banquet hall at a hotel. From there, all of the applicant they invited were put into a room where current employees gave a presentation. After the presentation,everyone was put into groups and interviewed within those groups.

The presentation ends shortly after being put into groups about two times.

If they liked you, they emailed you.

Digital Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Two rounds of telephonic technical interview; first round had a lot of technical/ logic related questions; second round was a follow up and concentrated more on projects from my resume. Both interviews were an hour long.

Interview Questions

• First Round:

1. AND and OR gate using 2:1 Mux
      7. Register renaming and examples of memory disambiguation
      8. Recursive function to find factorial of a number

Second Round:

1. Project implementation details from resume
      2. Function to perform binary search, first using iterations and then using recursion - also, how to terminate the recursion if the key is not found
      Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Up until recently, working in Apple Retail would take anywhere from 4-6 different interviews, but I only had to go through 2. I was told that Apple is changing their hiring process, and is looking for people that care more about people than the technology, though a passion for the latter doesn't hurt either. I applied online and didn't hear back for 2 months, which lead me to what is known as an Apple Hiring Event. My event was particularly large, with approximately 50 people attending the 2-hour session. There are people from many different stores in your area at this event, about 20 or so will be there, with titles such as Specialist, Creative, and Store Leader. Be sure to bring a copy of your resume with you for this.

The Hiring Event is split into different sections, you will watch a few videos pertaining to what it's like to work in Apple Retail, then you will break off into groups of 4-5 with someone ___ the discussion between all of you. You'll be asked different customer-service related questions, and this is your time to shine. Lastly, you'll go back to your seats and there will be a question and answer portion, and be sure to raise your hand to answer any questions they may ask, or if you have any questions, but don't be overzealous.

I received an email for my second interview the day after my Hiring Event. My second interview was a one-on-one with the Store Leader (commonly known as a store manager) for my particular store at its location. The best tip I can give you during the entire interview process is to simply be yourself. The people will know when you're putting on a persona just to get hired. Yes, you should be professional, but also be personable.

After my second interview, I was told that I would be informed within the next couple of days, but didn't hear anything until I received an email 2-3 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Name a particular instance when you went above and beyond for a customer.   1 Answer

Back of House Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I applied online and got a phone call within two weeks. After about three weeks I received an email inviting me for a group interview that was hold at one of the stores by two interviewers that analyzed the answers. I received a phone call after one week inviting me for another interview that was also hold at the store for me and two other people. This was conducted by three interviewers in a conversation type of interaction. They called me after one week and a manager conducted the last interview with me and one other candidate.

Interview Questions

• - What is your favorite Apple product?
      - What is your favorite App?
      - Tell about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer?
      - What do you like to do outside of work?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, they called me and made me an offer.

Apple Music Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Apple (Lake Los Angeles, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Email regarding setting up a call which led to a phone interview. The phone interview was a good exchange and discussion about the role, my background, career and how they align. Interviewer was very informative about the role and how it was being approached and the next steps. Was not able to provide specific compensation but that was not expected in the first interview in my opinion, all in all a good experience.