Apple Mac Genius Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 18, 2017

2.9

53 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Apple (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I had a friend submit my info into their internal hiring system. I was then invited to a hiring event at a event venue inside of a mall. During the interview there was a lot of situation role playing in teams of other potential hires.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Apple (San Antonio, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

This was a group interview, which made it easier to get through the process. The questions were basic interview questions, which are used to check personality. Nothing too difficult and it was a relaxed atmosphere.

Mac Genius Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Applied through friend referral. Apple likes to hire from referrals due to likelihood of hiring same type of person. 3 round interview. 1st interview was a group interview, was filtered out. 2nd interview with store manager to discuss position. 3rd interview with market lead to discuss joining Apple as a team and discuss Apple's vision and goals.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

average

Mac Genius Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Typical behavioral and qualification questions. They asked me stuff like where i see myself in five years and how well i work with customers. It was overall a very chill and easy interview. Basic flowing conversation back and forth about my experience and my interests in the company.

Interview Questions

• Name the most difficult problem you encountered and how you came to solve it   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Houston, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

I did four interviews as a group. The first was the hiring event I was invited to by a recruiter. The second interview was with a hiring manager at one of the Apple stores. The third interview was with another hiring manager. The last interview was with the marketing manager at one of the Apple stores. We weren't asked any technical questions. It was mainly to figure out your personality and how you'd interact with customers and how well you handle difficult situations. I applied for Genius, but am working as a Specialist. Not a big deal though. From the 1st to last interview was a total of about 2 weeks. It was really a quick process!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a disgruntle customer.   Answer Question

Mac Genius Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

I was contacted via Email by the store manager, and selected a time from the slots available for that day. There were 6 of us in that group, and we were escorted into a room where we watched a few videos that provided a general feel for the type of people Apple is looking for, store design, and role definition. Not much attention is paid to how much you know, it seems to be more about feeling out your personality and seeing you you are cut from the same cloth as the people you would be working with. I actually like this approach, I feel like its not the type of job youre going to get giving canned responses you think they want to hear.

Store manager was super friendly and the interview, while not a big fan of these cattle call style interviews, was not overcrowded and directed quite well. At the end we were told 24-36 would be needed to make a decision about next steps.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time where you went the extra mile for a customer.   Answer Question

Mac Genius Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple in January 2015.

Interview

Its a three step interview. First interview is a group interview with about 5 people to a group. Second interview is with a team lead from a apple store you applied for, and the last interview unfortunately i didn't make it that far.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple (Chicago, IL) in December 2014.

Interview

2:1 interview

3 interviews

1st manger
    2nd store lead
    3rd district lead

Sat down with immediate managers and was asked about my interest in the position.
    Asked questions on how you deal with ambiguity.
    Asked to give examples.

Know your resume. If you are personal and a patient person, they will want you. If you are not patient, the job is not for you and you would not like it. You have to like to teach and have the patience to explain issues. It is a not a fixing and repairing position first, but a customer service and experience position.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer said you were wrong?
      How would you diffuse an angry customer?
      Tell me about yourself, what do you do for fun?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Virginia Beach, VA) in November 2014.

Interview

Long and drawn out for no reason...I'm well qualified but interview process was horrible. I've had 8 interviews over the course of 3 months. It's overrated. I actually like and am enthusiastic about Apple products have a great personality (so I'm told) but through 8 interviews I get nothing.

Mac Genius Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Overall the interview process is fairly straight forward, you are first called in for a group interview and then from there you may have up to five one-on-one interviews. I recently finished the group interview which had around 20 applicants. It started by having each applicant introduce themselves including their background and what they're passionate about. From there they show several videos about what it's like to work for Apple and after each there's a discussion on things that you noticed from the video and how service from Apple is different from other retail stores. Next they split us up into two groups and they had us pass around an iPad with different interview questions that we answer in front of the entire group. Expect four interview questions each and then one group question which is basically asking why you would make a good Apple employee. Finally they allow for any questions that you have and then you're finished.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't one question in particular, but most of the interview questions are extremely customer service based so if you don't have mush experience in that field then you may struggle.   Answer Question