Apple Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Apple Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Apple

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Apple (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2020.

Interview

Did not hear anything back. Interviewer talked almost the whole time. Recruiter was very engaged and then no word. I'm not impressed and could have at least received feedback that I wasn't the right fit.

Interview Questions

• What project did you work on recently that didn't go as planned?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

For the Retail Store, most of the interview process is catered to high volume recruiting. This occurs through large group interviews that candidates are invited to RSVP to attend. After selections are made from this initial step, candidates then interview with the Talent or Store Leader. The number of steps involved in the process has decreased in recent years. Most stores work to streamline the steps by utilizing these group/event interviews that all managers in that retail location attend to assess candidates.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something you’ve learned about yourself in the last year.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Apple (Raleigh, NC) in October 2019.

Interview

After applying online, I was contacted via email to select a time for a phone interview. The phone portion lasted approximately 15-20 minutes and was average. I was then invited to a group interview where several
    Candidates were present.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a difficult situation?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Menlo Park, NJ) in February 2019.

Interview

Had 3 interviews. 2 of them were via email to come to the store and participate in a group interview. Interview consisted of tell me about a time....and we all took turns with our stories. After the 2nd interview I was contacted to meet the regional Store Manager. It was an informal conversation about our work experiences and things we are passionate about. Waited a week for another phone call from the store leader I applied to and was told "we decided to move forward with your employment and we are currently working on an offer". A week later I called to see what the update was on my offer. Mind you I applied for the management role or the business to business leader. I was told that my offer is for the entry level "Specialist" role. I currently have a job with Amazon and was just looking for other opportunities. I explained that if I do leave I would need to leave for the same pay if not more. The store manager explained that the positions I applied for are not currently available. Had I been told that from the beginning I would not have interviewed and wasted my time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you failed?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Austin, TX) in November 2018.

Interview

Apple

Poor candidate experience. Very slow recruiting process - started before the Thanksgiving holiday, and I haven’t received an update since before their Christmas shutdown - so after four interviews I’m not sure if I’m even still in the running. All four team members who I spoke with were very nice, and clearly proud to be Apple employees, but I got the distinct impression that they felt they were doing me a favor by interviewing me. Lastly, communications from the coordinator were very dry and impersonal. I had a death in my family during the process which caused a one day delay in my response to the coordinator - despite how slow their process is, she followed up with me 24-hours later to request an answer - when I explained why the delay, she didn’t even address it and got right to the point of providing the details of my next interview. I expected more out of a company of Apple’s caliber - very disappointing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult colleague.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (San Antonio, TX) in October 2018.

Interview

I received an email invitation to an Apple Hiring Event at a nearby Apple store. I RSVP'd and prepared for the interview as this was my first time interviewing with Apple, a company I had been applying to for over 5 years! 2 weeks later was my first interview at 10am on a Sunday and I was instructed to arrive 15 minutes early wearing business casual attire. There were 5 people interviewing including me. We waited until 15 minutes past the hour before one of the managers finally directed us towards the food court area of the mall. The first thing we had to do was fill out a paper that included our contact info, availability (full-time, part-time, hours), and the position(s) we are interested in. This is when I knew it was a waste of time as the choices only included positions like Specialist, Genius, etc. Remember, I had applied for the Manager position? I wrote on the paper that I applied for a manager position since it was not a listed option. The panel interview was very simple. First every one introduced themselves. Then we passed around an iPad to play a "game" where we selected tiles that had questions. Each person answered 3 of these random questions. Afterwards, the manager asked us one question - Why Apple? Everyone took turns answering this. We were told that within 1-2 days we will find out if we will move forward or not and if so, to expect 5 interviews total. The following day I received a missed call and a text message from a different manager to schedule a follow-up interview. The communication at this point was very informal and quite poor. Finally on Thursday I heard back asking me to come in the same day for the follow-up interview. This time it was a different manager. Again, I arrived 15 minutes early and I waited 30 minutes past our scheduled time and 45 minutes total before we walked to a bench near the food court of the mall. This time it was one-on-one and very laid back. The manager told me a little bit about himself and then asked me to do the same. He then asked me whether I'm looking for full-time or part-time. I replied full-time and he said well we are only looking for part-time at the moment. I then questioned him what position I'm even being considered for because I had applied for a manager position and he told me they need part-time specialists. The rest of the conversation was an attempt to convince me to accept a part-time retail job and how this can be my foot in the door. What a joke. Imagine someone applying for CEO and gets invited for a line worker.

Manager Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

First interview was in a group. The questions were simple and easy. They passed around a iPad that you got to choose your questions to answer.

Second interview one on one with store manager. Found out they were only hiring for part time seasonal when they knew I had applied for manager position online. He even had it on the paper in front of him. They did a bait and switch. Have 10+ years in management. Don't waste people's time if the position isn't actually open.

Interview process is very quick but they don't care if it can work around your schedule. They're very short notice. Very tricky if your working.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA).

Interview

Few phone screeners and talks that got deeper. Once it seemed a fit was possible I went over to the offices for a day long of about 20-45 minute interviews one right after another. Can't remember but ended up meeting with over 10 people. Typical silicon valley procedure. The people were a mix of potential team members and support groups and were nice, genuine, and remarkably down to earth with just one who was full of himself. Overall that was a positive experience. The negative: failure of communication throughout the process from the very first screener; literally nothing, just kept in dark.. months on end. Having lived in the area and interviewing with industry equivalents, apple was the worst of them all.

Interview Questions

• How would you change this product for the future?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Applied online, was selected for Apple Hiring Event at local store. Group of around 10 of us, "interview" was very relaxed, Apple Employees gave an introabout their background then asked us. Watched slides / videos on working at Apple with open discussion / commentary after each one. Did group activity where we broke into two groups and passed around an iPad that had questions at random about previous work / personal background.

The overall experience was diffeeebt than any other interview and really made me want to work for Apple. In the end I did not get a callback but will reapply in future as I ow understand the format.

Also I applied for an Apple Manager position but it became very clear that the Hiring Event was only for those interested Specialists / Geniuses. I found this a bit disappointing and confusing as I wasn't quite sure why I was invited to this Hiring Event.

Interview Questions

• Introduction was: Our bame, an interesting fact about us, our favourite Apple product and one thing we learned from a previous job.   1 Answer
    • Describe a time you had to use patience in the workplace.   2 Answers
    • Give an example of a time you got to know a coworker or classmate.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Went for a group interview at Apple in NYC. Had roughly 30 other people there for a video presentation about the company. Then we broke off into smaller groups of about 6 and role played customer and employee issues. I was called back 10 days later for a face-to-face interview at the store I had requested.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a customer who was showing signs he/she was very upset?   1 Answer