Apple Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 24, 2017

2.9

37 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Manager Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

First interview was in a group. The questions were simple and easy. They passed around a iPad that you got to choose your questions to answer.

Second interview one on one with store manager. Found out they were only hiring for part time seasonal when they knew I had applied for manager position online. He even had it on the paper in front of him. They did a bait and switch. Have 10+ years in management. Don't waste people's time if the position isn't actually open.

Interview process is very quick but they don't care if it can work around your schedule. They're very short notice. Very tricky if your working.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA).

Interview

Few phone screeners and talks that got deeper. Once it seemed a fit was possible I went over to the offices for a day long of about 20-45 minute interviews one right after another. Can't remember but ended up meeting with over 10 people. Typical silicon valley procedure. The people were a mix of potential team members and support groups and were nice, genuine, and remarkably down to earth with just one who was full of himself. Overall that was a positive experience. The negative: failure of communication throughout the process from the very first screener; literally nothing, just kept in dark.. months on end. Having lived in the area and interviewing with industry equivalents, apple was the worst of them all.

Interview Questions

• How would you change this product for the future?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Applied online, was selected for Apple Hiring Event at local store. Group of around 10 of us, "interview" was very relaxed, Apple Employees gave an introabout their background then asked us. Watched slides / videos on working at Apple with open discussion / commentary after each one. Did group activity where we broke into two groups and passed around an iPad that had questions at random about previous work / personal background.

The overall experience was diffeeebt than any other interview and really made me want to work for Apple. In the end I did not get a callback but will reapply in future as I ow understand the format.

Also I applied for an Apple Manager position but it became very clear that the Hiring Event was only for those interested Specialists / Geniuses. I found this a bit disappointing and confusing as I wasn't quite sure why I was invited to this Hiring Event.

Interview Questions

• Introduction was: Our bame, an interesting fact about us, our favourite Apple product and one thing we learned from a previous job.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had to use patience in the workplace.   1 Answer
    • Give an example of a time you got to know a coworker or classmate.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Went for a group interview at Apple in NYC. Had roughly 30 other people there for a video presentation about the company. Then we broke off into smaller groups of about 6 and role played customer and employee issues. I was called back 10 days later for a face-to-face interview at the store I had requested.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a customer who was showing signs he/she was very upset?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Apple (Irving, TX).

Interview

Virtual interview process. Easy program to set up, nice to see face to face in comfort of your own home and surroundings. The recruiter and hiring managers were all pleasant and easy to talk too.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

The scheduling of the interviews is what took the longest. However, the intervier had ver thorough questions and research about myself. The questions asked were relevant to the job. They were scenario type questions... What would you do if...

Interview Questions

• How would you approach a superior manager that was out of line?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Apple (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

The hiring process at Apple is pretty lengthy and time-consuming for both parties. Usually, it consists of a 1 on 1 interview (If proceeded) followed by a 2 on 1 interview, then followed by an interview with the Store Leader and possibly the Market Leader. For any given position it can take about 2months or so to go through the entire interview process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you have to give an employee difficult feedback?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter to initially review resume and position. Ask basic background information and determined if qualified for the position. Then discussed company and if the position may be a good fit. After that determination was made, the recruiter said he would contact the hiring manager and recommend a phone interview.

I was emailed with the hiring managers name and time he would be calling.

Hiring manager called and we discussed background, and other normal interviewing questions. After a fit was determined, he stated he would be reviewing a few other candidates and would then contact me if there was a in person interview scheduled. My understanding that it would be a half day process with peers and team member involvement in the face-to-face interviews.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Apple in July 2015.

Interview

There was a 5 interview process from phone to panel interviews to 1 on 1's. Everyone I met with was very professional, personable, and truly caring of my previous work experiences. Apple seems to really care about what your passion in life is, what drives you. It was a very positive experience for me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ocean, NJ

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Ocean, NJ) in July 2015.

Interview

I was recruited on LinkedIn and had two phone interviews with recruiter. I then had an in person meeting with Market Leader and Store Manager. I was then supposed to hear back from recruiter and never did.

Interview Questions

• During your last review what were your strengths and opportunities   Answer Question