Apple Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Apple Manager Interview Questions

Updated May 18, 2017

2.9

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple in February 2013.

Interview

The interview process was very clear & concise, the interviewer was very passionate about Apple and she asked a lot questions about Apple products. She also asked where do I see myself in 5 years.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Apple in December 2012.

Interview

13 Interviews - long and pointless - Met with too many people, the process got very repetitive
    1x1 - Panel and etc. Did not learn much trough out the process, they were pretty much checking boxes and had their laptops the entire time open and typing notes

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter via email about my interest in an opening. I responded with interest and we had a phone screen two days later. It was a pretty generic "get to know you" kind of call, not tough at all. That must have went well enough because I was passed on to the hiring manager for an actual phone interview which took place two days later. This one was a little bit tougher, the questions ranged from technical to management style etc. The following week I was contacted again by the recruiter, stating they wanted to meet me in person. Since I'm not located near the employer, I was put in contact with an interview and travel coordinator who instructed me how to book arrangements for the trip. I flew out a couple of weeks later for a day long interview. It was all one-on-ones, with 11 different people. It was a pretty long day and a tough interview overall. Most of it was covering my experience, specific challenges I faced, how I handled specific situations. There was a technical slant as well. There were no real off the wall questions - just direct and focused on my experience. This was followed by another final phone interview in the next week.

Interview Questions

• Describe a specific situation where two of your team members were not working together. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Give an example where you were technically challenged to find a solution. What did you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Baton Rouge, LA) in June 2012.

Interview

Interview process took over 3 months and 8 interviews. It was pleasant and conversational as I met with multiple managers and leaders from different locations. I also spent a couple of hours interviewing employees in the store - about 12 of them - which was helpful.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (San Jose, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

Normally might start with a hiring event or recruiter screen. Will be followed by head recruiting screen, panel interview and market leader / director interview. The panel interview will consist of all the local store leaders. There really isn't any one specific process for the interview, there may be no panel but a 1:1 with the potential store leader followed with interviews with the ML and DD

Interview Questions

• What type of leader are you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlantic City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Atlantic City, NJ) in January 2012.

Interview

Very lengthy, yet thorough. If it is the company you really want to work for be patient and persistent. Interviewed with several layers from recruiters to store leadership to district and regional leadership.

Interview Questions

• The typical behavior-based questions that are found in most retail management interviews.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Apple (San Francisco, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

I had applied to the position online, and was contacted 5 months later. I was very happy with my job, but curious to see what was out there.

The initial conversation went over my experience and was super positive loved the energy of the individual!), and then I was asked to speak to a second individual...this is where my interaction went down hill. Thinking we would go more in depth over the phone, it was nothing like that. I was mostly asked about my love for Apple products, and as soon as the recruiter got on the phone all they spoke about was how tired they were and I could hear them yawning! Unfortunately, to me energy on the phone is important.

I received an email letting me know they would keep in touch, and get back to me after their crazy schedule died down. I emailed months later with no reply. I decided to contact another individual who was extremely helpful, but said the first recruiter said I did not have enough experience and I would need to get into contact with the first person. How would the first person know I am inexperienced, if she never asked about my experience and it was 6 months prior when we had spoken? She also said I should ask her about other positions to start off with Apple.

The interaction completely ruined my initial perception of Apple as a happy, friendly place.

Interview Questions

From speaking with those in comparable roles, I did not pursue position further because of low pay.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in December 2010.

Interview

Group seminar interview, then follow up interview. Management interview was a panel of store leaders and market leaders. Two rooms with a panel of 3-4 people in each room.

Interview Questions

• If I were walking down the street and swathe New York Times on the ground with my face on the cover, what would the headline say?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Seattle, WA) in September 2010.

Interview

Started with an interview over the phone with the regional recruiter then moved to in person 1:1 interview with a manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me why you want to work for Apple   1 Answer
    • Tell me a time where you had to give feedback to someone and what that lloked like.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Seattle, WA) in July 2010.

Interview

Applied for many positions at Apple. Because of my previous experience in supervision/management I was offered a manager position.

First, went to the recruitment seminar. Attended with about 18 other applicants. We were required to be there 15 minutes early, I'm assuming to see if we're awkward around the other applicants because there was really no other reason for it. Managers from stores around the area then asked us to introduce ourselves to the group (had to include name, why we're there, what we've been up to, and a unique fact). We watched a couple of videos about Apple, answered a few questions about products and experiences, and then went into a group activity. We paired up, interviewed each other while the managers paruze'd the room, and then had to present the other person as a viable candidate. Overall it was really fun and low-stress. Let your personality show. That's what they want... not expertise in technology or an over-achiever with their hand always in the air.

After this I was called for an interview at the store. I met with the manager. Interview questions were standard.

About 2 days after this interview I was emailed asking permission for a background check. Filled everything out, zippidy doo.

I was then called about a week later for a 3rd interview with another store manager. Again, interview questions were standard.

4th interview is really just a "blessing".

Interview Questions

• Did you ever have to abandon a project?   Answer Question
    • What is a piece of feedback you have received from either a supervisor or a peer that you found surprising?   Answer Question