Apple Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Apple Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated May 23, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

I went through 3 interviews. First with a Store manager with 4 other people. Second interview 2 on 1 with store leader and store manager for my final interview I met with a marketing manager

US-Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Very positive interview process. It was a group interview, but interviewer made everyone feel very comfortable. Applied online and heard back like in 2 weeks, and scheduled a time slot online.

Interview Questions

• - Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer?
      - Why Apple?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freehold, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Freehold, NJ).

Interview

2 person interview to a group of applicants. Manager had Piercings on his face. I don't they like Veterans. I think they like people with communications retail experience

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for apple   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Apple (Brooklyn, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied through an employee referral. I had three interviews, and the reason why I rated this experience negative is because I've wasted my time.

I totally understand why apple wants to be extra careful and put people through 3 or 4 interviews. My only issue is the fact that I went through all those interviews and still didn't get hired. The first two interviews had me pumped I was excited that I passed them. I had to keep calling out from my job to make it to those interviews, and I thought it would be worth it. I even changed my schedule for what I thought was to come. It wasn't worth it because in the end they decided to "move forward with other candidates" I guess I messed up with that last interview, but I think Apple should be considerate when it comes to people's time and change this process. At least let it be a difficult questioner first, then weed out who wouldn't qualify and Provide two interviews. That would make more sense. I'd rather fail the first interview than to have my time wasted, only so they could ask me the same questions and reject me. Sorry for making this personal guys, but no one enjoys wasted time.

Tips:
    -if you're going to apply for this job you need to be completely prepared
    -maybe google the interview questions and practice your answers because they want you to be quick but natural
    -if you're currently unemployed, this process won't be too tough on you. Take full advantage of that and prepare as much as you can
    -stay positive and be bubbly and don't be afraid to open up

Interview Questions

• There are other tech companies, why apple though?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

They contacted me by mail for the 1st interview (with other 4 persons) then I made other 3 interviews (one x week) with the Store Manager then the Store Leader and the Market leader.
    The last 3 interviews were 1 to 1, the 2nd wasn't too difficult but the the 3rd nd 4th were pretty difficult, especially because the atmosphere changed completely and unfortunately I failed.

IOS Framework Test Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone call with Hiring Manager who asked me a bit about the back, told me about the role and delved into technical questions specific to the role. It is very difficult to prepare for.

Interview Questions

• What are the iOS frameworks that you have used?
      How would you test a string to integer function?
      Diff between process and thread?
      What is the main class in iOS all objects inherit from?
      What is a Category in C?
      1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

You go though 3 interviews
    1- at the corporate office 30 people 5 on each table
    2-at the store that is hiring with 2 mangers
    3- was also with 2 manger one flagship leader and a general leader

process took like a month. It takes like 2-7 days for them to reply back

Interview Questions

• Why apple
      Tell me about yourself
      How you delt with a difficult coustomer
      How you delt with a difficult coworker
      How you delt with a manger
      What's your favorite product
      Why you
      1 Answer

IOS Technical Support Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Around 30 mins phone interview, quite a lot professional questions about network. The interviewer sounds like an American, her spoken English was very fast and fluent. Mentioned the interview processing time around 2 weeks. I haven't get any response yet.

Interview Questions

• Why you want to change your current position and choose Apple?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any apple devices and familiar with the system?   1 Answer
    • What is MAC address? And what is protocol? Can provide any protocols you know?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Went for a group interview at Apple in NYC. Had roughly 30 other people there for a video presentation about the company. Then we broke off into smaller groups of about 6 and role played customer and employee issues. I was called back 10 days later for a face-to-face interview at the store I had requested.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a customer who was showing signs he/she was very upset?   1 Answer

Marketing Communications Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I got the interview from Apple's recruitment visit to our school. It was a one-on-one interview.
    Half of the time, the interviewer was describing what they do in iTnes Design, but he couldn't really make it clear. He seems had a strong interest in my resume and portfolio, and he viewed it before we meet. He asked me questions base on my former experience and I feel he was happy about my answers. After the interview, the interviewer handed me his card and told me I can email him. But after 12 workdays, I got rejection with no feedback.

Interview Questions

• People are saying 'Apple is a good company, good pay etc' when we ask why they want to come to Apple, but you seem to have a stronger drive, what is it?   1 Answer