Apple Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 12, 2018

2.9

376 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

I went through 3 interviews. First with a Store manager with 4 other people. Second interview 2 on 1 with store leader and store manager for my final interview I met with a marketing manager

Apple Retail Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY).

Interview

Submitted profile online and surprisingly got a call from the hiring manager about two weeks later. Scheduled a time to come in for a hiring event. I was there with 3 other people. We passed around an iPad and answered questions. Got a call to come in for a second interview two days later. Second interview was the same with a store leader and two other people, one from previous group. We were asked typical interview questions. Next day, got a call for third interview which was basically a group conversation with a couple different people. Very next day I got a call with a job offer contingent upon background check.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had a conflict with someone and was able to work with them effectively afterwards.   1 Answer

QA Itunes Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY).

Interview

Recruiter contacted me after I applied online. 30 minutes interview with the QA manager very next day.

I want to mention that the interviewer wasn’t professional even as he started off telling he saw my resume and didn’t see cloud experience. Why the hell would he contact me if he didn’t review my resume? He kept prodding about it and then at one point went on to ask to how the recruiter contacted me. I replied I applied online and the recruiter got in touch. He immediately cut short the call. Rude, insane. BTW I reaffirmed the job description doesn’t even have one word “cloud”. Ridiculous!

Apple Retail Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY).

Interview

Create energy and excitement around Apple product. Interview view us in a groups of 6 I believe. Bring in our resume and name with everything. You have to be outstanding asking question and etc

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY).

Interview

Apple starts with group interviews to get an idea of how you interact with other people. These group interviews are usually friendly and focus on teamwork. Activities are usually fairly straightforward like roleplaying a conversation between you and a customer looking for sales help. Hiring staff bases their choices on your personality and enthusiasm during these activities. While it doesn't hurt to have technical knowledge about Apple's products, it is not necessary to know how to fix computers or know all of the technical details behind Apple's products. They are looking for friendly, genuine people.

After the group interviews, Apple will mix it up between one on one and one on two interviews at their flagship stores or at their corporate locations. They also do phone interviews. Some people I work with have said they had 2 phone interviews, 1 solo and then they were hired. I had one group interview, a one on one interview, and then a one on two interviews before I was offered the job.

I've found that interviews for this role have been heavily based on how you interact with management, whether you're a level-headed thinker, and that you want the best solution for the customer.

Apple is obsessed with"Lominger competencies" to help define what each individual needs to practice for their current role or for a role that they aspire to apply for. Integrating these competencies into your answers will have a great effect on the interview.

Typical competencies for specialist:
    Customer focus
    Teamwork
    Patience
    Dealing with ambiguity

The definitions for these can be found if you Google "Lominger Competencies"

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you had to give feedback to a manager or boss.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time where you gave feedback to another employee and it didn't go well. How did you rectify the situation?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

The recruiter contacted me about an open position. Sent me a questionnaire sort of thing over E-Mail to fill. After that I had first interview within a week later. It is just a screening round. 1 week after my first interview, I was asked about timings for 2nd round. 2nd round also went well.

After that my recruiter kept on telling me that the director of team I am interviewing for at Apple is deciding whether to take one candidate for the role or two. He kept on replying this for about 3-4 weeks. I kind of hoped that I will get this position. At the end of the 4th week, when I told him that I have another offer from other company and I need to respond to them, he told that the team is interviewing with another set of candidates through round 1 and round2 during this time. So literally recruiter lied on my face.
    I was a huge huge fan of Apple and been using all their products over the past 7 years. This incident and my other interviews with companies that I admire made me realize the hard fact that they only need us as customers. When it comes to they being customers(trying to buy us), they really judge a lot and even go to the extent of lying on the face.
    It wouldn't have mattered about how much I know the subject, but I felt that this will be the company that I will work for the next 30 years of my life and really give my best (or work over time as long as I am bachelor) and help Apple.
    Apple, honestly and with at most respect, u lost a true fan :( And I am no longer able to see their product and their vision the way I saw it earlier.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume   1 Answer

Tech Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Was a group interview. There were about 20 people there. We split up into groups of 6 and talked with someone about our work experiences. a few random topics came up and we each took turns talking.

Interview Questions

• what is our favorite apple product   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

It was a group setting. Very easy set up and casual conversation. Overall I think the interview was very calm and no reason to be nervous. Apple is very selective. The apple representative any around the table and asked the same questions to everyone. Make sure to take initiative and answer questions first.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

This was the first interview which was a group interview with five other people. He shot us questions that we all answered. then at the end he asked us if we had any questions for him? Told us we would get an answer about a possible second interview in 3 business days. Waiting on the possible 2nd interview invitation.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a little about your work experience? Tell us about a time you had to give someone feedback and did they take your advice to heart? Tell us about an apple product you have and how it benefited you? Describe a weakness you have and how you overcame it? Describe a time you had a difficult customer and how you resolved their problem?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online and heard back around 2-3 weeks later. They invited me to a interview event where a group of 6 people were interviewed at the same time by a retail store manager. Interview took place at the store and they insisted that the interviewees were not competing with each other.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time when you received feedback and how did you react to it?
      Tell me of a time when you had to give feedback to someone?   Answer Question
    • If you had six months and did not have any responsibilities or had to worry about money, how would you spend your time?   Answer Question
    • What is your favorite apple product? (they want to see how familiar you are with Apple products)   Answer Question