Apple Interview Questions in New York State | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 15, 2017

2.9

351 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

I went through 3 interviews. First with a Store manager with 4 other people. Second interview 2 on 1 with store leader and store manager for my final interview I met with a marketing manager

Apple Retail Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY).

Interview

Submitted profile online and surprisingly got a call from the hiring manager about two weeks later. Scheduled a time to come in for a hiring event. I was there with 3 other people. We passed around an iPad and answered questions. Got a call to come in for a second interview two days later. Second interview was the same with a store leader and two other people, one from previous group. We were asked typical interview questions. Next day, got a call for third interview which was basically a group conversation with a couple different people. Very next day I got a call with a job offer contingent upon background check.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had a conflict with someone and was able to work with them effectively afterwards.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY).

Interview

Apple starts with group interviews to get an idea of how you interact with other people. These group interviews are usually friendly and focus on teamwork. Activities are usually fairly straightforward like roleplaying a conversation between you and a customer looking for sales help. Hiring staff bases their choices on your personality and enthusiasm during these activities. While it doesn't hurt to have technical knowledge about Apple's products, it is not necessary to know how to fix computers or know all of the technical details behind Apple's products. They are looking for friendly, genuine people.

After the group interviews, Apple will mix it up between one on one and one on two interviews at their flagship stores or at their corporate locations. They also do phone interviews. Some people I work with have said they had 2 phone interviews, 1 solo and then they were hired. I had one group interview, a one on one interview, and then a one on two interviews before I was offered the job.

I've found that interviews for this role have been heavily based on how you interact with management, whether you're a level-headed thinker, and that you want the best solution for the customer.

Apple is obsessed with"Lominger competencies" to help define what each individual needs to practice for their current role or for a role that they aspire to apply for. Integrating these competencies into your answers will have a great effect on the interview.

Typical competencies for specialist:
    Customer focus
    Teamwork
    Patience
    Dealing with ambiguity

The definitions for these can be found if you Google "Lominger Competencies"

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you had to give feedback to a manager or boss.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time where you gave feedback to another employee and it didn't go well. How did you rectify the situation?   Answer Question

Apple Retail Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY).

Interview

Create energy and excitement around Apple product. Interview view us in a groups of 6 I believe. Bring in our resume and name with everything. You have to be outstanding asking question and etc

Tech Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Was a group interview. There were about 20 people there. We split up into groups of 6 and talked with someone about our work experiences. a few random topics came up and we each took turns talking.

Interview Questions

• what is our favorite apple product   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online and heard back around 2-3 weeks later. They invited me to a interview event where a group of 6 people were interviewed at the same time by a retail store manager. Interview took place at the store and they insisted that the interviewees were not competing with each other.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time when you received feedback and how did you react to it?
      Tell me of a time when you had to give feedback to someone?   Answer Question
    • If you had six months and did not have any responsibilities or had to worry about money, how would you spend your time?   Answer Question
    • What is your favorite apple product? (they want to see how familiar you are with Apple products)   Answer Question

Expert Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

It was laid back. Got a email to schedule a day for my interview at headquarters the following week. They schedule about 10-15 people for the same time slot and split us up into smaller groups. During the interview they tell you what positions they are hiring for but not exactly what shifts or stores. i ended up interviewing for a position i didn't apply for.They will let you know within 7 days if you will be moving on or not.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite things about the new products you heard about in the announcement?   Answer Question

Genius Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

2 group interviews, 1 solo interview. They are really seeing if they will get along with you more so than what you know. But you still have to know enough and be interested in learning more.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were given criticism.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online for the Specialist position on 8/2/17. I received an invitation to interview on 8/8 to schedule an in person interview. The only available date was 8/16 with time slots throughout the day.

1st Interview: I arrived at an office building, and headed up in the elevator to the meeting room. There were roughly 20 people sitting at various tables in the room. There were four Apple employees there as well. We were asked to fill out an application with our availability, and job interests. We all were given a brief introduction by the staff and informed of the positions that they were hiring for as well as the locations. We were then split into small groups where the actual interview began. We were asked maybe five questions in total, and took turns answering. We were then told we would be notified via email if we were moving forward in the hiring process.

Interview 2: Two days later 8/18 I received an email notifying me I was invited to second interview. Available slots were the following week and my second interview was on 8/23. I interviewed at the Upper East Side Location with two employees. I actually arrived about four minutes late to the interview because of train delays, but the interviewers were very understanding. This interview was similar questions to the first, but they asked me more about my interests and past experiences and how they relate to Apple. The interviewers were every kind, and I felt comfortable speaking with them. The interview lasted roughly 30 minutes in total. Afterwards I filled out that same application I filled out at the initial interview and was told I would hear and answer within two days. They also informed me during this time of year they are very busy so the interview process was being expedited.

Final Result: I received a call on 8/28 informing me I was being offered a position. Overall the process took about three weeks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Hey guys! Here's my review of Apple's interview process. I hope this helps any potential Apple employees in their quest to join Apple! So I applied back in September actually. I didn't hear back at all. I then re-applied at the beginning of this month again and I heard back within a week about attending the hiring event.

Hiring Event: I read so many articles and nearly all of them said…

Interview Questions

• What is your passion in life?   1 Answer