Apple Interview Questions in Phoenix, AZ | Glassdoor

Apple Interview Questions in Phoenix, AZ

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

The first part of the hiring process consisted of a hiring event. At my event, there were only 5 potential employees including me. At the hiring event, they had us introduce each other, watch videos, and answer questions.

The second part of the hiring process was a one-on-one interview with one of the managers at the store I was applying to. This manager asked various question that were directed towards customer service and teamwork.

Currently waiting for a callback for the next interview. It's been almost a month since my first interview.

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Apple (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2016.

Interview

The hiring manager interviewed me after an initial interview with HR. The hiring manager gave absolutely zero feedback during the interview (I thought we had gotten cut off several times as he was unresponsive. I believe he was writing down notes, but some verbal cues would have been helpful). The manager wouldn't tell me what the position was or what I would be working on as this position was in "Special Projects". He seemed to think that working for Apple was such a prize that one should be willing to uproot themselves and move to one of the most expensive places in the country despite not knowing what you would be doing.

College Applecare Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

The hiring process takes a long time, several weeks. You first do a phone interview, and then after that level you do a facetime interview where they ask you questions and have you perform tasks. During the technical questions make sure you go step by step and don't skip anything even if you think it is common sense.

Interview Questions

• How would you explain how to set up the wifi to a grandmother who did not know much about technology?   Answer Question

I declined because you had to work way too many hours that would not fit with my school schedule.

Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2015.

Interview

Definitely have to have some patience. I'm still going through the process and its been 3 since the hiring event. I made it to the 4th interview. I'm pretty sure once you make it that far that you have the job, of course unless someone has a better interview than you.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for apple? what inspires you? whats your biggest accomplishment? when have you been required to give bad feedback? whats a humbling experience?   Answer Question

Apple At Home Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2014.

Interview

I applied through my University and after going through initial submission I did not hear from Apple for a while. I applied in Nov and received an email in December asking for an updated unofficial transcript. In January I received an invitation to do a FaceTime interview, which I schedules for a week or so later. The interview was an hour long and he asked basic interview questions. Strengths/ weaknesses, describe a situation where you had to take negative feedback from a boss, describe a time when you have to deal with a difficult customer, describe a time that you have a great customer service experience (from the customer point of view). He also asked some feeler questions to determine how tech savvy I was. He asked the specs on my computer, also asked me to describe a time when I had to explain technology to an older non tech savvy person. Overall, they really want someone who is good at customer service, but you also need to have the technical skills to trouble shoot etc.

I received an email to complete my "official application" 2 weeks later. One weeks after that I received a email asking permission to do a background check. I received a call from a recruiter three weeks later offering my the position. Overall a VERY long process. They recruit the whole year, hire in Jan-March and the position starts in the summer.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what safe mode is when a computer is starting up?   3 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiation - $12/hr

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2013.

Interview

Apple is careful about selecting the right people. The typical interview process involves many interviews with various levels to ensure you are the right fit. I interviewed with the recruiter twice, 3 potential peers, and two separate managers. Having a great knowledge of the Apple history is helpful. Understand how Apple differentiates itself from its competitors is a key. They do not do everything, but pride themselves on what they do.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Apple (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2013.

Interview

Had a phone interview and it was very pleasant. The person that was interviewing me was very professional but was also interested as me as a person to see if we were a good fit to work together.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your coaching experience and how you would apply it to Apple   Answer Question

There starting pay was less than what I was making at my previous job.

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2012.

Interview

Five interviews: Group, tier 1 management, tier 2 management, tier 3 management, District manager. Short talks, half an hour at a time. Personality questions. Physical observation tactics. Do they like the way you talk/look. Are you personable. It was fun, the management was awesome. Felt like I made a new friend with each interview. Please do yourself a favor and relax. It is an exciting time, but just play it cool and everything will work out!

Interview Questions

• What kind of animal would you be and why? Be specific.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Had worked jobs at $10 an hour. Mentioned that I would like to start at $10. They immidetly said, "how does $11 sound." Worked for me at that time. Was eventually raised to $14 after a year of employment.

Genius Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2011.

Interview

I applied about three months ago and just got an email about two weeks ago. I was asked some pretty slandered questions, then asked to set up a phone call. During the call I was asked questions about me, and my work history. Then I was given a choice to answer questions about a Mac, or a PC. I Know more about the PC, but I choose Mac because I wanted challenge. The questions were pretty easy, mostly about diagnostics, a couple of mobile device questions were thrown in there. I was then told that all went good, and I would receive a email next week. Early Monday morning I got an email from another recruitment manager who asked for another phone interview, I set that up for Wednesday morning, hopefully all goes well. I am not really sure what the position entails in reality, I read the description, but I know these things are always different when you actually work there. I assume that the tech's (genius's) are split into categories like: Mobile, iMac, and Macbook. I am not sure also about the pay, I have heard many different things, but it seems pretty low to me, although I am sure that it is DOE. Oh well I am not really banking too much on it, if I get an offer, great. If not I am not too concern, I figure that it is worth checking out though, they seem like a neat company to work for.

Interview Questions

• What would you use the VERBOS command for   2 Answers
    • What would you tell a customer who brought in a iPod shuffle and they were having issues with the voice commands?   2 Answers

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2011.

Interview

It was a long and grueling process. It started with immediate communications from the recruiter, which led to a hiring event consisting of 2 interviews. A large group interview, and then I had to wait a week to hear back about the second interview. Then I interviewed with the store manager after waiting 2 weeks there. I was supposed to hear back by the end of that week, and didn't. Ugh... but then the following Sunday got an email that requested a background check. After I submitted that, it was another week and a half before I interviewed with the store manager. I didn't hear back until I got THE call with the offer another week and a half later.

Negotiation

There really isn't much negotiating when it comes to getting in as a specialist. The only thing is that it is hard to get hired on full time right away. You will usually start part-time, and then are able to earn full time based upon how you do. I was one of the lucky few who was offered full time right away.