Apple Program Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 30, 2017

2.7

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Apple reached out to me after I participated in the on campus recruiting process. They mentioned that I might be a good fit for this role, and one of the other program managers interviewed me. They asked me a bunch of bevahiral questions, which ended up in a rejection email the following day. I got no feedbacks afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a situation when you had trouble with colleges/peers   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Ten interviews over the course of two weeks. Interviews were all scheduled at once, so there wasn't really a good vetting process. I felt bad for the people I interviewed with, because each interview was an hour long and they didn't ask meaningful questions. They seemed very burned out on interviewing people. I didn't think the process was very efficient and a lot of the interviews were moved around and one person canceled the morning of the scheduled time. They also didn't really sell me on their team or the job. In fact, it was the opposite. Lots of red flags.

Interview Questions

• Are you OK with long hours and lots of travel?   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Interview

Got call from the recruiter stating my resume was short listed. Had an in person interview for 4 hrs with 2 different teams. Was called the next day to interview again with one team which lasted for 2 hrs. Got call from hr on the offer the following week regarding the offer. Started working in a few days

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Went thru a phone screen first. Then on-site interviews with 2 people. Each interview was about 30min. The people I met with were very laid back and casual. First person I met with was texting almost the entire time and dropped the f bomb several times. Second person was more engaged and seemed genuinely interested in getting to know me and what I could do for the company. Waited 3 weeks for job offer.

Interview Questions

• Questions weren't very difficult. Asked about my experience and then what I would do in various situations (i.e. vendor who was overcharging, team member who wasn't pulling weight etc.).   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Interview

Had the phone interview with recruiter and HR

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Apple in September 2013.

Interview

I applied online was contacted for a phone interview. I am graduating in December so the recruiter was well aware that I am still a student.

The interviewer called on the day of the interview and we chatted for a few minutes. I was told by the recruiter that the interview would be very informal--which it was. The person interviewing me was very pleasant and I thought all was going well. The questions were general "get to know you" questions and I few Unix questions. Then he asked about the products that I have released and if I had done any localization. I told him that I was still a student and had not had any experience with product release or localization--however I was in the process of releasing a product to market. He seemed confused and told me that he hadn't realized that I was a student and was looking for someone with more experience. I assured him that the recruiter I had been dealing with knew and it was even on my resume which he had.

The interview was cut short and I felt like he did not consider me from that point on. I received an email two days later saying that I was not being considered further for the position. My only wish is that the recruiter and the hiring manager would have communicated more before offering me an interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to say no to someone after promising them something.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Interview

Felt like more of a conversation instead of an interview. Between the phone interviews and in person interviews, I definitely have a pulse of the company's goals and how I would fit into the equation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was not able to get the added negotiation I tried for.

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

There were two face to face interviews 30 minutes each, very strange for a face to face format.. after 2 months of waiting and getting positive feedback was not offered.

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Not very professional

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Approached online via LinkedIn from a Recruiter about the position. Didn't get too much information other than a very high level paragraph about the position. Responded back with my resume. About two day later I received a phone call requesting to setup a phone interview with the hiring manager. Based on my schedule, I agreed upon a date and time range. This all happened pretty quickly, about 3 days later I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. That interview was very basic, the hiring manager asked if I knew about the position, I explained the info I was provided with was very high level. He then actually provided me with the job details in full, still seemed to be something I was well qualified for. The interview was then abruptly cut short, I was in the middle of explaining why I think this would be a good position for me when he simple said, "OK thank you, I'll speak with the recruiter" and ended the call. The interview up to now had been very basic, your text book interview questions. I thought that was it and maybe he didn't think too much of me. To my surprise the next day I received an email and two voice mails about following up for a in person interview. I finally was able to contact back the recruiter later that day, was a busy day for me, and we again scheduled something based on my schedule. It was left pretty open as far as when this would actually occur. I think was contacted by email from another person who had singled out the day of the interview. This happened about two days after the recruiter and I spoke about the in person interview. Finally the night before the interview I had received all information, including the people I was to interview with, and a schedule. I was to meet on site with 6 people and each would interview me for about 30 minutes. I arrived to the location, signed in, met with the hiring manager first. He asked me pretty much the same questions from the phone interview. His attention seemed to be moved over to emails and texts messages from time to time. The process with him was very basic questions. I then met with another 3 people, a total of 4 of the 6 I was supposed to meet with. The interview questions were very basic, they started asking more questions about the software I'm currently working with than the actual position. There were a few interruptions with their attention being focuses else where, people coming in, and so on. It made for a tough time to sell yourself as some of the people I interviewed with seemed to be focused on emails, chats, and so forth. I didn't get the feeling that they were too interested when I was told the other two people I was going to meet with where not going to meet with me. So I left the site about an hour earlier than scheduled. I was contacted via the recruiter two days later, via email, that I was not a fit but everyone enjoyed meeting with me.