Apple Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Project Manager

Apple Project Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Apple

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Applied online.
1-2 months later, I had a phone screen with recruiter. It went really well and the recruiter seemed to really love working there when I asked if she liked working at Apple.
Had a phone interview with hiring manager within 2-3 days. The call started out shaky because he was late and an executive admin called me to let him know he was going to be 30 minutes late. Overall, I thought it was a good interview but I was emailed 2 days after stating I wasn't a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Recruiter: Why are looking for a job and why Apple?   Answer Question
  • Hiring manager: It's your first day at work and you meet your team for the first time, what do you say to them to get them motivated and trust you?   Answer Question
  • Hiring manager: Do you prefer working in big structured companies or small start-up companies with little or no structure. Why?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

The position was identified by a specialized third party recruiter. I first spoke with the third party recruiter to explain my experience. I next spoke briefly on the phone with the Apple hiring manager before a long one-on-one interview with the hiring manager. I had a second on-site interview series where I interviewed with several members of the team, including the original hiring manager. I finally had a short telephone conversation with the director of the department. Shortly thereafter, I received a call from the internal HR team to discuss salary expectations. After a frank discussion of my salary requirements, the HR team met with the business, then returned to me with the same salary, but included a sign-on bonus. After agreeing on the start date, I received my offer in the mail about a week later. The whole process was ~6 weeks.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was a very specific "how would I go about identifying gaps in business requirements" type question from a former consultant turned employee who specialized in software implementation related to my area.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate salary, bonus, restricted stock units, and start date. Vacation time is not negotiable.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Had two phone interviews with HR & with hiring team. Then, on-site interview with hiring manager and two others. Had to return for second interview with another senior person.

Interview Questions

• How would you solve an issue if you didn't know exactly what the problem was?   3 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiation, just accepted a good offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in September 2009.

Interview

I interviewed with a handful of project managers on a Friday afternoon. The interviews were rushed, a half hour each, and in a very small sterile room that felt like a prison cell. Most of the people seemed stressed and overworked. One manager said she was looking forward to getting the weekend off. I wasn't convinced that they actually liked working there. Questions included: "What is your greatest accomplishment?", "Give me an example of dealing with a hardware problem in your experience.", "How would you start a new project that has been handed to you", "How do you deal with team members who are reluctant to help or listen?", "What is the role of a project manager?"

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

The process was very professional and actually moved along rather quickly. The interviewers seemed to be well prepared and were very cordial. Once I had the face to face though it did seem that the requirements for the job were a bit different than what had been initially discussed. The salary question came up in the phone screen but that was expected. It seemed like a great place to work - lots of energy.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about any projects that failed and why.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in November 2008.

Interview

The interview process initially was relaxed. I was introduced to one of the employees whose department was hiring. Then I met with the recruiter (also pretty relaxed). I was flown to Cupertino for a pretty intense day of interviews (placed in a conference room and grilled for about 6 hours). Questions ranged from my experience to specifics on the market I would be working in.

Interview Questions

• Describe the most challenging work situation you've faced and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

I was not willing to relocate to the location required.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Austin, TX) in December 2009.

Interview

It was going great, 2 interviews with the hiring manager, and 2 more with peers and lateral groups collaborating. The fifth interview was a shocking surprise. It was with the director, lasted for about 13 - 15 minutes, the agenda was to eliminate. Did not get to discussing any topic related to the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

I went through two phone interview before a final round interview in Cupertino. Both phone interviews were about an hour, and pertained my knowledge around Mac OS X, a recent couple projects, past work experience, interest in project management. They weren't too concerned with my non-existent experience in project management

Interview Questions

• Explain how you stay organized in your every day life   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Interview

phone interview

Interview Questions

• Hiring Manager missed the interview 3 times. Basically no showed   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

Chris Lee from Apple recruiting reached out to me. He set me up to speak with someone in iTunes (Gavin) for a phone interview on Friday 7:30PM ET. The phone conversation went really well; Gavin said he hates to leave candidates hanging so he will make sure they get back to me in a weeks time. Its now been more than a month and I have not heard a WORD! so much for a company I admired.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was unexpected; mostly about my experience ... why project management, why not developer. Why Apple?   Answer Question