Apple Recruiting Coordinator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 1, 2017

2.9

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Apple in May 2017.

Interview

As someone who works in recruiting, I was appalled at how condescending and rude the person who called me was. They were completely unprofessional and it seemed like they went out of their way to be as sarcastic and patronizing as possible with every word that came out of their mouth. They also let me know there was no room for growth in the company at that position and that there's life/work balance. They went on about how they strive to make every person who interviews with them have a great experience which is laughable. I would never recommend this company to anyone. It was so horrible, I sent them a message later in the day thanking them for their time and letting them know I was no longer interested in the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you handled a stressful situation.   Answer Question
  • Let me know your understanding of the position.   Answer Question
  • What's something you've done at your current position to solve a pressing issue?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online, took 18 days till I received an email from a recruiter to set up a phone interview. Phone interviewed with the recruiter and my information from the phone interview was sent to the hiring manager to review. Was asked to come onsite 5 days after my phone interview. I interviewed with 5 people (3 recruiters and 2 managers). 3 out of 5 people I interviewed with left early since they had meetings in another building so I was left alone for 5-10 minutes three times.

There were a couple red flags during the meeting; had to use my own phone to interview with the hiring manager and I received a call on my phone, so my phone went black for a few seconds and one of the recruiters asked if I knew another candidate who he informed me was interviewing for the same position. He also went on to ask what I thought about the other candidate.

The hiring manager for this position told me that I would hear back from them in one week and if I don't to reach out to the recruiter. I didn't hear back, so I emailed the recruiter and still, two weeks later did not hear from the recruiter. Apple really needs to work on their interviewing skills. They need to remember that the people they're interviewing are their customers.

Interview Questions

• You know there's no work life balance here, right?   1 Answer

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Reached out to me regarding a position. Took a long time to even get a response. Had a phone screen that went well in my opinion, but then never heard back. Sent a follow-up e-mail to the recruiter, but never heard from him again. It's funny how he stressed the importance of candidate experience but then left a pretty negative impression afterwards.

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

I was referred to the job opening through a recruiter I knew, and soon got an email from the hiring manager to set up a phone interview. The phone interview is only about 30 minutes and that happened the week we got in touch. The following week I did an on-sight interview. They are 2-3 hours depending on the style of the hiring manager. Generally you meet with 2-3 other coordinators every 30 minutes for the 2-3 hours and have a series of group interviews. At the end, you usually wrap up with the hiring manager. During the interview they gave me a few scenarios where you must prioritize tasks you are given. They ask about your organizational style, work experience, scheduling experience, etc. It took a little over 2 weeks to hear back that I didn't get a second interview.

Interview Questions

• I think the most difficult thing about these types of interviews is having to answer the same questions over and over and trying to keep your answers sounding exciting and interesting everytime. The questions they asked weren't very unusual for the job.   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple in March 2014.

Interview

Nearly 8 interviews - mixture of phone and onsite

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

Initial phone interview for about 20 minutes and then in person interview meeting with a recruiter. Interviewer seemed distracted and kept taking phone calls or looking at their iPhone. Felt like it was a complete waste of time. Sent a thank you email. I never did hear back from the recruiter after that. Very unprofessional behavior on the part of the recruiter.

Recruitment Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

Initial application was online, advise previous work history and upload CV and cover letter. No advice if you were unsuccessful.
    Email confirmation with date and time of interview. No chance to negotiate a time that suits you, either take it or leave it.
    When arrived for interview reception is set up like an Apple store with iPhone/iPad/iPod interactive displays.
    Waited two weeks before feedback from the interview was provided, but only because I followed up. Had already assumed what the outcome/result was.
    No attempt at rapport building during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Very standard interview questions:
      Why Apple?
      What motivates you?
      Where do you want to be in 2-3 years time?
      What does a typical work day involve?
      How would your boss describe you?
      Tell me about a process or task you improved at work?
      Also was advised that there're limited opportunities for progression...   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple in September 2011.

Interview

Skipped phone interview and was asked to come in right away. I met with about 4 people, 1:1. I received no follow up after the interview.

Interview Questions

• I cannot remember specific questions. They were general and typical. The interviewers mostly talked down about their colleagues and the environment.   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple in February 2011.

Interview

I applied through Apple's website and was pleasantly surprised to receive an e-mail response from a Recruiting Coordinator within a couple days. We set up a phone interview soon after, which lasted about 30 minutes. During the interview, the Coordinator went over the RC job description, but also let me know that he was interviewing for 2 different positions (one for an actual RC supporting the corporate recruiting department, and the other for more of a candidate-facing role supporting the retail store recruiting effort). He kept emphasizing the retail store recruiting duties. It also seemed like he was reading a script. Working in recruiting myself, I understand that there are certain "scripts" to follow, but did he have to be so....verbatim? I tried to answer his questions to the best of my ability, but all of his reactions sounded very disinterested and impersonal. I knew I wasn't going to the 2nd round when he mentioned that the RC role would be quite a "step backwards" for me (I had moved upward to a Recruiter role just 1 month prior, so it would have been just a tiny shuffle backwards).

I have by no means experienced any "sour grapes" feelings, as I realized that I wasn't the best fit for the position right away (having no prior retail recruiting experience), but here's some advice for the phone screener: Try to smile while conducting a phone screen and not sound so bored. You work for one of the greatest companies in the world. Make people want to work with you too.

For other candidates doing phone interviews: Try early on to develop a rapport with the interviewer. However, if you say something that would usually cause someone to chuckle (like say, a friendly and personable recruiter would), and the interviewer doesn't react in any way, then just hope that your resume speaks exactly to the position.

Interview Questions

• Do you feel that by taking this role, you will be taking quite a step backwards in your career?   1 Answer