Apple Red Zone Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Apple Red Zone Specialist Interview Questions

Interviews at Apple

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Atlanta, GA) in January 2014.

Interview

I went through a 4 interview process. After an employee referal, I within a few days, I got a phone interview, followed by 2 group interviews with Store leaders and then a final group interview with the finalists from 4 different Apple Stores with the Marketing leader of the region.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to give negative feedback to your coworker and elaborate on the outcome from that feedback...   Answer Question
  • What--if anything--excites you about the direction you think Apple is heading couple of years down the line based of any product they have today.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was giving the opportunity to negotiate but decided not to as I was satisfied with the starting pay and didn't want to seem ungrateful. Just a personal choice on my part.

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Anonymous Employee in Brandon, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Brandon, FL) in November 2011.

Interview

Lengthy but very good, Different kind of good.

Interview Questions

• Nothing at all. They teach you to think outside of the box.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiating.

Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Lawrenceville, NJ) in June 2013.

Interview

Two rounds of interviewing (after online resume submissions and probably pre-screening)- first was in a large group situation (~10 people per group, multiple groups in the room) plus a form filled out there, the second was in a group of 3. After the interviews and background check, I was hired and placed into a two-week training course (CORE).

Interview Questions

• Most questions were that of a standard retail interview. Be prepared to talk about your relationship with Apple.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation phase

Red Zone Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Apple in October 2013.

Interview

Group Interview, Several 1:1 interviews, phone interview and finally an offer call all over a 5 to 6 week period. You must know a lot about yourself to do well and be a unique, passionate person interested in Apple. They want people who are ready to give the best in customer service, who love their products and who are passionate about spreading the news about Apple.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you failed and weren't able to come back from that situation in that place. What did you learn?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Only negotiated my availability.

Red Zone Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Hiring seminar. Each session was a group of 50 or so people. There were several sessions throughout the day for 5 days.

First day was a group of 60, then divided into 8 people groups where you talked about what to do in certain situations.

Second day was interview with store leader.

Got a phone call about a week later with offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to step outside of your role to overcome a challenge.   Answer Question

Red Zone Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Apple's interviewing process is a lot different than anyone else's. After you apply on apple.com, and get selected among the thousands and thousands of applications, they will call you and ask you to a hiring event. DON'T wear interview clothes, it's kind of cheesy. They just want to see who you are and what your social skills are. It's very casual. (I suggest nice blue jeans and a nice top.) From there, we played an introduction game called "connection" just to get us acquainted with one another and to loosen us up. About 3 people talked briefly about Apple and then we broke off into smaller groups to do role play scenarios. Just be cool and casual, and don't worry if you're nervous. Everyone else is too! After that, we passed an iPad around and answered some questions. Nothing too intense, again they just want to see the type of person you are. After that, you all go home and await the next call. The next interview I interviewed together with another girl. It was very casual and I didn't feel any pressure at all. Really let your personality come out in these interviews. A couple days later I was called in for my 3rd interview. I talked with the store leader and another manager. I answered questions just like every interview before. Finally, I got a call for the final interview with 3 managers and the hiring supervisor. I was with 2 other people and these questions got a little bit harder, but they never grilled us. It was always a very loving environment. Though it was an extensive process, I liked all of the interviews because if I bombed one I could make it up in another. They take your nervousness into consideration and are very kind. I got a call 2 days later with an offer and began training a week later. I love Apple and all the benefits! It's the best job I've ever had!

Interview Questions

• What has technology done for you in your life?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation when you had to overcome a technical difficulty. How did you overcome it?   Answer Question
    • Choose one company or product besides apple that would represent you. Why?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to work with someone difficult?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to give or receive feedback. How did it go?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Deer Park, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Deer Park, IL) in September 2014.

Interview

2 phone interviews asking about customer service and past experiences.
    1 face to face interview with Red Zone managers
    1 face to face with store leader
    1 phone interview with market leader
    Received call about 3 weeks later saying they would like to offer me a position

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite apple product and why?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None, everything was set in stone and it was a take it or leave it deal.

Red Zone Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Introductions

Presentation
    -Consisted of videos and a classroom question and answer type setting.
    -Recruiters looking for someone who would speak up and talk during this process.
    -Had us fill out a standard availability form.

Group Interview
    -About six people in a group with two current apple employees answering questions in a circle.
    -This is where the typical interview questions started.

Smaller pair interview
    -Went in with another candidate and talked to managers.
    -Asked us each a couple typical interview questions

Phone call offer

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Informal phone conversation.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

Call from national recruiter. Followed by group interview. Followed by one-to-one interview with a Senior Manager at the store. One additional meeting with Store Leader prior to offer. Total process about two months.

Interview Questions

• Nothing specific to technology until store level interviews. Mostly personality and working with others.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Albany, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

Very long. They ask you questions based on a number of different competencies. Interview was in the mall on some couches. You meet with multiple different managers throughout the interview process.