Apple Retail Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 10, 2017

2.9

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Boston, MA) in September 2017.

Interview

Just to see who you are as a person so they would ask you questions to see the way you present yourself and experiences with retail or in life in general.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Princeton, NJ) in November 2014.

Interview

Total of 4 interviews.
    1- Group interview with 20+ people
    2-Smaller group interview with 5 passing people
    3- Interview with 2 managers and store leader
    4- interview with Market leader and Store leader

They didn't ask to many difficult questions in terms of weird ones. they did ask a lot of questions relative to customer service

Interview Questions

• Normal interview, tell me about a time when you found yourself in an argument with a friend or coworker.
      Tell me why you want to work here. Tell me why your a good fit.
      How familiar are you with our products?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Salt Lake City, UT) in May 2014.

Interview

They did a big group interview where it felt more like a class than am interview. They had his split off and do things that were very subjective. Not sure how it would help find the right people.

Interview Questions

• It was difficult reading what they wanted from you. The process was very strange.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

Phone interview lead to group interview

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Apple?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (San Antonio, TX) in August 2011.

Interview

Apple had setup for selected applicants to meet at a neutral site between both markets of Austin and San Antonio. We met at the convention center in San Marcos. There were 3 different times to choose from, 9-12, 12:30-3:30, 4-7:30. I arrived and there were about 40 people waiting for the presentation. We walked into the room and were greeted by screaming Apple employees.

The actual group interview was painful to say the least. We watched a video on Apple.

Next we were separated into groups, and asked to create a product (real or fake) and present it to the rest of the group.

After sitting and listening to every group present. The leader said we were going to split back up and it would be another 2 hours of questions !?!? At this point I mentally checked out...

You sit in a circle of about 8-10 people and the managers take turns going around the room asking ambiguous personality questions.

ie. "give an example of when your team wasn't pulling their weight?" "what's the biggest risk you've ever taken?" "give an example of when you really wanted something and worked for it, and it payed off?" stuff like that... The whole time the people asking the questions switch, but the questions remain the same. Really stupid personality questions.

Needless to say I didn't get the job, but from what I hear that was only part one of like a 8 part interview process!

They could've at least fed us.

All in all, technology savvy/ work experience doesn't matter with this company. You just need an awesome super outgoing personality, and you're golden.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a problem you overcame?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Modesto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Apple (Modesto, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

The hiring and interview process (from what I know) has changed throughout the last few years. I was emailed for a hiring event. After attending the event, I was called for my first interview within 2 hours. The next day, I met with the Senior Manager and the Store Leader and shortly after that interview, I was called to meet (on a Thursday morning) with the Market Leader. Thursday night, I was asked to OKAY a background check and the rest is history.

It's really about being yourself, and yes, at the end of the day, it is still RETAIL, but I have learned so much from the company and walked away from it knowing more about myself and what I want than I ever have.

Interview Questions

• They asked about software and hardware that I had known ALMOST nothing about.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Apple (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

Huge waste of time. You won't get hired unless you fit into "apples culture/personality". Did not have a 1:1 interview even though I was scheduled to and promised one. Group panel interview was just a waste of time and $10 dollars since I had to pay to park twice.

Interview Questions

• What is you least and favorite place to shop? Why?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (Boston, MA) in July 2010.

Interview

Apparently Apple has several rounds of interviews. At the beginning, before the store manager showed up, one of my fellow candidates mentioned that he'd heard Apple has a lower acceptance rate than Stanford. Eek! Pretty similar experience to what others have mentioned, overall. Didn't make it to the next round, but I was invited to another hiring seminar for another local store, which I'm actually about to go to.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (Denver, CO) in May 2010.

Interview

Solid interview process. A little too coporate, though.

Retail Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Apple in May 2010.

Interview

the hiring and interview process when i applied 4 years ago was unique and fun. there was a new store opening and there was a very large amount of applicants involved in a group interview. It was a great experience overall and made me really want to work for the company and believed in its core values and customer focus.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last job was the question.   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiaion