Apple Sales Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 26, 2017

2.8

124 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shelby Township, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Shelby Township, MI) in November 2017.

Interview

You interview online, and if you qualify, you get an email back saying that you will be attending a group interview, and you select a time frame. The group interviewing process is really awkward.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Apple (Charleston, SC) in October 2017.

Interview

Apple is all about personality. "We can teach you apple products, but we can't teach you how to talk to people" They really want to see someone with a passion of both technology and people.

Interview Questions

• Tell a time where you and a co-worker were bumping heads, and what was the solution.   1 Answer

Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Skipped the group interview and was in my second interview, which was a one on one with one of the managers. Super simple, didn't feel much like an interview as it did a natural conversation. They hire off of PERSONALITY, not technological experience, at least for the sales specialist role. An employee was telling me they can teach anyone tech, but teaching people how to interact with other people is something they can't teach. That's probably the most important thing to remember during the interview, so just be yourself and be confident with talking to the manager above anything else.

Interview Questions

• What qualities do you look for in a good leader?
      When was the last time you got negative feedback, and when was the last time you got positive feedback? Explain what it was and what you did.
      Why Apple?
      Name the last time you dealt with an angry customer and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Apple (Denver, CO).

Interview

The first interview was a phone interview for the Sales Specialist position. The interview was very casual where the recruiter really wanted to get to know me and my background. He also shared his background and how he got his job with Apple. There were three questions asked during the interview. I did not get to the face to face interview, but he mentioned that it sometimes takes two to three times before getting a job offer with Apple.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Apple?   Answer Question
    • Explain a time when you had to resolve a conflict between two colleagues?   Answer Question
    • Tell about a time when you helped a customer and they were satisfied and happy with the results.   Answer Question

Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Small group of 3 people. The hiring manager was very nice and cool. The interview felt more like a small group, and not an interview. It was a very pleasant experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview Process began by applying online on their "Job Opportunities" Section. I received a email back two days later inviting me to a hiring event. Dress Business Casual and show up 15 mins before interview, bring two copies of your resume as well.
     First interview was at their corporate building and it was a group interview with several questions asked and everyone had a chance to answer. My group has about 4 to 5 other candidates.
    Second Interview was at the location of the store that you select in which you are interested in. Once again a group interview at the store with this time 3 to 4 other candidates. Same type of questions.
    Unfortunately did not get a third interview but learned a lot with the experience.
    Biggest Tip: Be smart and elaborate about answering your questions but most of all be yourself and show your personality

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to tell a team member they were doing something wrong?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Applied online, received and invitation for a group interview which you must schedule. In order to schedule the appointment your email address that you used to apply must be the same as your Apple ID. The first interview was a group interview which lasted for two hours but went by relatively quickly. Second interview was a week later. I was there 15 minutes before my scheduled time as suggested but the interviewer didn't meet with me until 30 minutes after I was scheduled. The interview felt rushed which I assume was because an offer was not going to be extended an offer.

Interview Questions

• what's your favorite apple product.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Charleston, SC) in August 2017.

Interview

I only had one interview and it was with only one other person. It was somewhat formal and they asked very typical interview questions that will portray your experience. They ask these questions but I feel like they're asking to see how you're personality portrays. I had a scheduled second interview, but the second got cancelled. I got a call later that day asking if I could start in two weeks. I was surprised with the lack of interviews, but I'm sure it was an unusual occurance.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I was just browsing on LinkedIn and saw that the Apple in my area just listed a job posting so I applied right away, submitted my resume and cover letter as well. A day later I got an email inviting me to an Apple Interview where I get to choose a day to come in out of the three days they had available.

First Interview: I expected it to be a group interview and yes, it was with two other people and I. Our interview was with the store manager there. After the interview ended about 30-45 minutes later I got another email inviting me to the second interview which was two days later after the first one.

Second Interview: At the second interview, it was one of the other applicants that made it through and I. Another manager from the store were interviewing us. It went really well. At the end of this second interview the manager said he really liked us and would love for us to meet with the marketing manager so he said he'll keep in contact and will give us the date and time to meet with the marketing manager. The next day I got a call regarding the third interview.

Third interview: I was actually more nervous this time around because knowing that this interview is the one that makes or breaks it and it is also with someone that is higher up. At this interview, it was with the previous applicant and I, and also there was another applicant who I've never seen before but I'm assuming that applicant was the only one that made it from their group since they did open up three different days for the first interview. I thought this interview went alright for myself and was a little disappointed that I didn't do as well as the second one. But I was just hoping for the best.

Results: Two days later after my third interview, I got an email saying I need to complete my application which I wasn't even sure if I got a job or not so I completed the application asap to get that in. A day after I completed the application I got a call back and they offered me a position which I am really happy and excited about! Went through background check and that took another couple of days for it to go through.

Overall, yes, it is a long process, however, in my opinion for Apple it's definitely worth it. It was a good, interesting, experience to go through. I've realized that the questions they asked for all three interviews were actually similar which I will have listed down below. But make sure to go in there and have a lot of passion that you really want to work for Apple. When answering questions regarding scenarios and dealing with customer service, for example: "When was a time you exceeded a customer's expectations" Make sure you go into details, tell a story, and tell them what you learned from that experience. Don't sound cocky or selfish because that's probably why one of the applicants didn't make it through the first interview due to the fact that they took up almost all the time talking about themselves and asked questions about Apple's benefits for them.. That applicant was way more qualified than I and the other applicants, however, the way you present yourself matters.

Oh, and make sure you have two or three good questions in mind when they ask if you have any questions for them.

Good luck everyone!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • Why Apple?   1 Answer
    • When was a time you exceeded a customer's expectations?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you dealt with an angry customer, how did you deal with it?   Answer Question
    • When was a time you mentored someone at work? How did they take your feedback?   Answer Question
    • When was a time you connected with a customer?   Answer Question
    • When was a time you and someone from work had conflict and how did you resolve that?   Answer Question
    • What team experience do you have?   Answer Question
    • Has there been a moment where you have been given feedback about your job performance and how did you receive that?   Answer Question

Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Starts off as group interview with very simple questions like what your ambitions are, second interview is with the store leader and basically asks again what your ambitions are, why apple, third interview is more about customer experience.