Apple Sales Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 15, 2017

2.8

118 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Apple (Denver, CO).

Interview

The first interview was a phone interview for the Sales Specialist position. The interview was very casual where the recruiter really wanted to get to know me and my background. He also shared his background and how he got his job with Apple. There were three questions asked during the interview. I did not get to the face to face interview, but he mentioned that it sometimes takes two to three times before getting a job offer with Apple.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Apple?   Answer Question
  • Explain a time when you had to resolve a conflict between two colleagues?   Answer Question
  • Tell about a time when you helped a customer and they were satisfied and happy with the results.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Skipped the group interview and was in my second interview, which was a one on one with one of the managers. Super simple, didn't feel much like an interview as it did a natural conversation. They hire off of PERSONALITY, not technological experience, at least for the sales specialist role. An employee was telling me they can teach anyone tech, but teaching people how to interact with other people is something they can't teach. That's probably the most important thing to remember during the interview, so just be yourself and be confident with talking to the manager above anything else.

Interview Questions

• What qualities do you look for in a good leader?
      When was the last time you got negative feedback, and when was the last time you got positive feedback? Explain what it was and what you did.
      Why Apple?
      Name the last time you dealt with an angry customer and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Small group of 3 people. The hiring manager was very nice and cool. The interview felt more like a small group, and not an interview. It was a very pleasant experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Applied online, received and invitation for a group interview which you must schedule. In order to schedule the appointment your email address that you used to apply must be the same as your Apple ID. The first interview was a group interview which lasted for two hours but went by relatively quickly. Second interview was a week later. I was there 15 minutes before my scheduled time as suggested but the interviewer didn't meet with me until 30 minutes after I was scheduled. The interview felt rushed which I assume was because an offer was not going to be extended an offer.

Interview Questions

• what's your favorite apple product.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Charleston, SC) in August 2017.

Interview

I only had one interview and it was with only one other person. It was somewhat formal and they asked very typical interview questions that will portray your experience. They ask these questions but I feel like they're asking to see how you're personality portrays. I had a scheduled second interview, but the second got cancelled. I got a call later that day asking if I could start in two weeks. I was surprised with the lack of interviews, but I'm sure it was an unusual occurance.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I was just browsing on LinkedIn and saw that the Apple in my area just listed a job posting so I applied right away, submitted my resume and cover letter as well. A day later I got an email inviting me to an Apple Interview where I get to choose a day to come in out of the three days they had available.

First Interview: I expected it to be a group interview and yes, it was with two other people and I. Our interview was with the store manager there. After the interview ended about 30-45 minutes later I got another email inviting me to the second interview which was two days later after the first one.

Second Interview: At the second interview, it was one of the other applicants that made it through and I. Another manager from the store were interviewing us. It went really well. At the end of this second interview the manager said he really liked us and would love for us to meet with the marketing manager so he said he'll keep in contact and will give us the date and time to meet with the marketing manager. The next day I got a call regarding the third interview.

Third interview: I was actually more nervous this time around because knowing that this interview is the one that makes or breaks it and it is also with someone that is higher up. At this interview, it was with the previous applicant and I, and also there was another applicant who I've never seen before but I'm assuming that applicant was the only one that made it from their group since they did open up three different days for the first interview. I thought this interview went alright for myself and was a little disappointed that I didn't do as well as the second one. But I was just hoping for the best.

Results: Two days later after my third interview, I got an email saying I need to complete my application which I wasn't even sure if I got a job or not so I completed the application asap to get that in. A day after I completed the application I got a call back and they offered me a position which I am really happy and excited about! Went through background check and that took another couple of days for it to go through.

Overall, yes, it is a long process, however, in my opinion for Apple it's definitely worth it. It was a good, interesting, experience to go through. I've realized that the questions they asked for all three interviews were actually similar which I will have listed down below. But make sure to go in there and have a lot of passion that you really want to work for Apple. When answering questions regarding scenarios and dealing with customer service, for example: "When was a time you exceeded a customer's expectations" Make sure you go into details, tell a story, and tell them what you learned from that experience. Don't sound cocky or selfish because that's probably why one of the applicants didn't make it through the first interview due to the fact that they took up almost all the time talking about themselves and asked questions about Apple's benefits for them.. That applicant was way more qualified than I and the other applicants, however, the way you present yourself matters.

Oh, and make sure you have two or three good questions in mind when they ask if you have any questions for them.

Good luck everyone!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • Why Apple?   1 Answer
    • When was a time you exceeded a customer's expectations?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you dealt with an angry customer, how did you deal with it?   Answer Question
    • When was a time you mentored someone at work? How did they take your feedback?   Answer Question
    • When was a time you connected with a customer?   Answer Question
    • When was a time you and someone from work had conflict and how did you resolve that?   Answer Question
    • What team experience do you have?   Answer Question
    • Has there been a moment where you have been given feedback about your job performance and how did you receive that?   Answer Question

Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Starts off as group interview with very simple questions like what your ambitions are, second interview is with the store leader and basically asks again what your ambitions are, why apple, third interview is more about customer experience.

Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

great questions, easy to talk to interviewer. they ask different questions than a more typical interviewer. looked more at your personality and outlook than your experience. first you meet with a lower manager, then the assistant, then senior manager at the store. usually if the interview goes well you will meet with the second manager directly after the first manager. then they set up a third with the senior manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Indianapolis, IN) in May 2017.

Interview

Received a first email a few weeks ago.. then received a second email about a possible position , still waiting to hear back from Apple.. maybe a lot of patiences is needed for the good jobs...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Apple (Charlotte, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

The first interview was a group of three, and a store manager. The questions very general and it was a laid back environment. After the first interview I received a call by the end of that day to schedule a 2nd. 2nd interview was exactly like the first but with different store employees and one other contender. Did not get called back for a third, got an email thanking me for my time.

Interview Questions

• What is my favorite Apple product and why.   1 Answer