Apple Sales Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Apple Sales Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Jan 30, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holyoke, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple (Holyoke, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

Did a phone screen (with assistant store manager) basic questions. Invited me to the job fair on an evening with about 30 people. Apple started with an IQ TEST of Apple Products (you have to get 20 out of 30 questions correct to move on). Questions were really hard if you new to Apple products. They managers put the prospective employees in teams of four people. After reviewing, a lengthy video about Apple, you make a presentation what you've learned. Apple supervisors, ask followup questions. They want to see how you work as a team. After the presentations are finished, you hand in your IQ Test and presentations. They narrow the candidates down to 10. Those ten get jobs.

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (New Haven, CT) in October 2014.

Interview

It was a nightmare to say the least. The interview lasted four hours. I was asked to attend an open interview at a hotel conference room. Out of 30 people, I was the only woman there. 29 men including the hiring team. All the questions they asked were group based. After finishing the questions which most had nothing to do with the job, they announced this position was for their new store. This new Apple Store was about two hours from where I was currently living. On my job application I said I only wanted to work in the store that was less than 5 miles from me.

Interview Questions

• What are your hobbies outside of work?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (Cleveland, OH) in May 2011.

Interview

Apple sends an email telling you the date and times for interviews. I accepted and did not know that when i got to the hotel, there were 50 other potential hires. The herd you in like cattle. Then they act like live actors, screaming in excitement. Each manager from the area stores stand up around the room and tell you their job title. Then they tell you you have to pair up in groups(total strangers) and provide a presentation.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell an apple product   1 Answer
    • why would you want to work for apple?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Pasadena, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Group interview, multi interview process, the people at the group interview were very kind but everyone had to be on their A game. Most of the candidates there were highly trained from other jobs so be aware. Always be honest with your answers. They will ask questions that relate mainly to how you handle customer service, hypotheticals and scenario related questions.

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cincinnati, OH) in August 2014.

Interview

You will be watched during the entire interview process, from when you arrive to when you (hopefully) shake everyones hand to leave. It will be very presentation style at first, you will watch Apple employment videos about what is expected of you and what the company can do in return, which will all be interrupted by times to ask questions and introduce yourself to the group.
    From there, if you shine in the group interview, you will go through one more smaller group interview, the third will likely be a 1:1.

Interview Questions

• They ask a lot of "describe a time when.." questions. So make sure you reflect on your past work experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple (Glendale, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Interview process was long. I applied online got an email for group interview 2 weeks later. A day after that interview I got another email for another group interview at the store location you'll be at. A day later got one more interview with the manager of the store. That was the hardest. Felt like I couldn't put any words in and 2 days later got a call saying I wasn't the chosen one. Went through 3 interviews for a no. That's just a little too much

Interview Questions

• What makes you feel you will be a great fit for Apple. Do you have an iphone?   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years with apple   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

Definitely a long process. First interview was a group panel with about 30 interviewees. We all were placed into groups in which we answered questions and then moved to the next leadership member. After this process you get a callback to the store where you meet with a manager. From there you receive another call to meet with about 2 -3 managers for the final decision with other candidates. They will contact you once they decided if they want to move forward. Process is fairly within a 1-2 week period.

Interview Questions

• Recall a time where you faced a challenge with a customer. What did you do to change the situation from a negative to a positive?   Answer Question
    • What do you think you can bring to the table?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Dallas, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

Very long interview process. For me, it took me about 3-4 weeks total to receive an offer. For others, I've seen them take as long as 6 months depending on the needs of the location that you're applying for. Very detailed process as you talk to all levels of the chain of command. Dress very lax for the interview. I wore a 3-piece suit to the first interview and they told me not to do that again.

Interview Questions

• They love asking situational questions, teamwork questions and why you're passionate about Apple.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Portland, OR).

Interview

A conversation then direct interview with hiring specialist. After a conversation with the hiring specialist you may have a conversation with the store leader. The whole point of the interview is to see if you have the right personality to work in that type of retail environment.

Interview Questions

• What is a time in your life that you had to deal with great adversity?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Apple (Austin, TX) in April 2011.

Interview

It's almost impossible to get hired on directly through Apple. You apply through a contractor like "Volt" and if you do really well Apple will offer you a full time position. You will go through several interviews. You have to have experience with customer service and have great communications skills

Interview Questions

• If your savvy with technology   1 Answer