Apple Sales Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 1, 2017

2.8

123 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holyoke, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple (Holyoke, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

Did a phone screen (with assistant store manager) basic questions. Invited me to the job fair on an evening with about 30 people. Apple started with an IQ TEST of Apple Products (you have to get 20 out of 30 questions correct to move on). Questions were really hard if you new to Apple products. They managers put the prospective employees in teams of four people. After reviewing, a lengthy video about Apple, you make a presentation what you've learned. Apple supervisors, ask followup questions. They want to see how you work as a team. After the presentations are finished, you hand in your IQ Test and presentations. They narrow the candidates down to 10. Those ten get jobs.

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (New Haven, CT) in October 2014.

Interview

It was a nightmare to say the least. The interview lasted four hours. I was asked to attend an open interview at a hotel conference room. Out of 30 people, I was the only woman there. 29 men including the hiring team. All the questions they asked were group based. After finishing the questions which most had nothing to do with the job, they announced this position was for their new store. This new Apple Store was about two hours from where I was currently living. On my job application I said I only wanted to work in the store that was less than 5 miles from me.

Interview Questions

• What are your hobbies outside of work?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (Cleveland, OH) in May 2011.

Interview

Apple sends an email telling you the date and times for interviews. I accepted and did not know that when i got to the hotel, there were 50 other potential hires. The herd you in like cattle. Then they act like live actors, screaming in excitement. Each manager from the area stores stand up around the room and tell you their job title. Then they tell you you have to pair up in groups(total strangers) and provide a presentation.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell an apple product   1 Answer
    • why would you want to work for apple?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I was just browsing on LinkedIn and saw that the Apple in my area just listed a job posting so I applied right away, submitted my resume and cover letter as well. A day later I got an email inviting me to an Apple Interview where I get to choose a day to come in out of the three days they had available.

First Interview: I expected it to be a group interview and yes, it was with two other people and I. Our interview was with the store manager there. After the interview ended about 30-45 minutes later I got another email inviting me to the second interview which was two days later after the first one.

Second Interview: At the second interview, it was one of the other applicants that made it through and I. Another manager from the store were interviewing us. It went really well. At the end of this second interview the manager said he really liked us and would love for us to meet with the marketing manager so he said he'll keep in contact and will give us the date and time to meet with the marketing manager. The next day I got a call regarding the third interview.

Third interview: I was actually more nervous this time around because knowing that this interview is the one that makes or breaks it and it is also with someone that is higher up. At this interview, it was with the previous applicant and I, and also there was another applicant who I've never seen before but I'm assuming that applicant was the only one that made it from their group since they did open up three different days for the first interview. I thought this interview went alright for myself and was a little disappointed that I didn't do as well as the second one. But I was just hoping for the best.

Results: Two days later after my third interview, I got an email saying I need to complete my application which I wasn't even sure if I got a job or not so I completed the application asap to get that in. A day after I completed the application I got a call back and they offered me a position which I am really happy and excited about! Went through background check and that took another couple of days for it to go through.

Overall, yes, it is a long process, however, in my opinion for Apple it's definitely worth it. It was a good, interesting, experience to go through. I've realized that the questions they asked for all three interviews were actually similar which I will have listed down below. But make sure to go in there and have a lot of passion that you really want to work for Apple. When answering questions regarding scenarios and dealing with customer service, for example: "When was a time you exceeded a customer's expectations" Make sure you go into details, tell a story, and tell them what you learned from that experience. Don't sound cocky or selfish because that's probably why one of the applicants didn't make it through the first interview due to the fact that they took up almost all the time talking about themselves and asked questions about Apple's benefits for them.. That applicant was way more qualified than I and the other applicants, however, the way you present yourself matters.

Oh, and make sure you have two or three good questions in mind when they ask if you have any questions for them.

Good luck everyone!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • Why Apple?   1 Answer
    • When was a time you exceeded a customer's expectations?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you dealt with an angry customer, how did you deal with it?   Answer Question
    • When was a time you mentored someone at work? How did they take your feedback?   Answer Question
    • When was a time you connected with a customer?   Answer Question
    • When was a time you and someone from work had conflict and how did you resolve that?   Answer Question
    • What team experience do you have?   Answer Question
    • Has there been a moment where you have been given feedback about your job performance and how did you receive that?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Oakbrook Terrace, IL) in March 2014.

Interview

Invite only, large group hiring event with store managers and employees involving overview presentation about company and job roles in Apple store, small, brief group interviews with Apple employee, and some large group presentation. I knew a couple working for different Apple store locations, which is what I'd attribute to getting my resume near the top of the stack... This was the preliminary interview, and prospective hires introduced themselves to the Apple team and about 40 other applicants... kind of like a first day of school icebreaker activity. Other than that, the rest of the actual interview process involved answering a single question drawn at random (on an iPad mini) in a sort of small group game with other applicants and an Apple employee. Along with asking questions during the orientation, those two instances were pretty much the only opportunities you had to make yourself stand out. Overall mood from company was welcoming and inspiring; however, the applicants were very competitive, snarky, and passive aggressive. Everyone was sort of trying to upstage one another. You had teens and middle-aged folks playing teacher's to better secure their advancement to the next round of the hiring process. The theme for the night was brown-nose answers claiming you applied for the sales position so you can make people feel good and change the world... Took about a month to get an email from Apple basically saying "we'll be in contact," and then maybe another month to hear back from them letting me know I didn't make the cut, and they've moved on with other applicants for the hiring process.

Overall, a fun event, and the company and current employees were very nice and helpful with information regarding the hiring process, job roles, and company. The drawback was not necessarily the level of competition from other applicants, but the immature manner in which prospective hires carried it out. I was definitely a type B in a room of unabashed type A's.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you offered excellent customer service   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Pasadena, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Group interview, multi interview process, the people at the group interview were very kind but everyone had to be on their A game. Most of the candidates there were highly trained from other jobs so be aware. Always be honest with your answers. They will ask questions that relate mainly to how you handle customer service, hypotheticals and scenario related questions.

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cincinnati, OH) in August 2014.

Interview

You will be watched during the entire interview process, from when you arrive to when you (hopefully) shake everyones hand to leave. It will be very presentation style at first, you will watch Apple employment videos about what is expected of you and what the company can do in return, which will all be interrupted by times to ask questions and introduce yourself to the group.
    From there, if you shine in the group interview, you will go through one more smaller group interview, the third will likely be a 1:1.

Interview Questions

• They ask a lot of "describe a time when.." questions. So make sure you reflect on your past work experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple (Glendale, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Interview process was long. I applied online got an email for group interview 2 weeks later. A day after that interview I got another email for another group interview at the store location you'll be at. A day later got one more interview with the manager of the store. That was the hardest. Felt like I couldn't put any words in and 2 days later got a call saying I wasn't the chosen one. Went through 3 interviews for a no. That's just a little too much

Interview Questions

• What makes you feel you will be a great fit for Apple. Do you have an iphone?   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years with apple   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

Definitely a long process. First interview was a group panel with about 30 interviewees. We all were placed into groups in which we answered questions and then moved to the next leadership member. After this process you get a callback to the store where you meet with a manager. From there you receive another call to meet with about 2 -3 managers for the final decision with other candidates. They will contact you once they decided if they want to move forward. Process is fairly within a 1-2 week period.

Interview Questions

• Recall a time where you faced a challenge with a customer. What did you do to change the situation from a negative to a positive?   Answer Question
    • What do you think you can bring to the table?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Dallas, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

Very long interview process. For me, it took me about 3-4 weeks total to receive an offer. For others, I've seen them take as long as 6 months depending on the needs of the location that you're applying for. Very detailed process as you talk to all levels of the chain of command. Dress very lax for the interview. I wore a 3-piece suit to the first interview and they told me not to do that again.

Interview Questions

• They love asking situational questions, teamwork questions and why you're passionate about Apple.   Answer Question