Apple Sales Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Apple Sales Specialist Interview Questions

Updated May 14, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Indianapolis, IN) in May 2017.

Interview

Received a first email a few weeks ago.. then received a second email about a possible position , still waiting to hear back from Apple.. maybe a lot of patiences is needed for the good jobs...

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Apple (Charlotte, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

The first interview was a group of three, and a store manager. The questions very general and it was a laid back environment. After the first interview I received a call by the end of that day to schedule a 2nd. 2nd interview was exactly like the first but with different store employees and one other contender. Did not get called back for a third, got an email thanking me for my time.

Interview Questions

• What is my favorite Apple product and why.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Roseville, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Roseville, MN) in January 2013.

Interview

Easy but they wanted to know who you were as a person. TO the core of who and what you are. What drives you. Then they through you into the store and have you sell something to an employee.

Interview Questions

• Simple stuff. What juices you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Oakbrook Terrace, IL) in March 2014.

Interview

Invite only, large group hiring event with store managers and employees involving overview presentation about company and job roles in Apple store, small, brief group interviews with Apple employee, and some large group presentation. I knew a couple working for different Apple store locations, which is what I'd attribute to getting my resume near the top of the stack... This was the preliminary interview, and prospective hires introduced themselves to the Apple team and about 40 other applicants... kind of like a first day of school icebreaker activity. Other than that, the rest of the actual interview process involved answering a single question drawn at random (on an iPad mini) in a sort of small group game with other applicants and an Apple employee. Along with asking questions during the orientation, those two instances were pretty much the only opportunities you had to make yourself stand out. Overall mood from company was welcoming and inspiring; however, the applicants were very competitive, snarky, and passive aggressive. Everyone was sort of trying to upstage one another. You had teens and middle-aged folks playing teacher's to better secure their advancement to the next round of the hiring process. The theme for the night was brown-nose answers claiming you applied for the sales position so you can make people feel good and change the world... Took about a month to get an email from Apple basically saying "we'll be in contact," and then maybe another month to hear back from them letting me know I didn't make the cut, and they've moved on with other applicants for the hiring process.

Overall, a fun event, and the company and current employees were very nice and helpful with information regarding the hiring process, job roles, and company. The drawback was not necessarily the level of competition from other applicants, but the immature manner in which prospective hires carried it out. I was definitely a type B in a room of unabashed type A's.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you offered excellent customer service   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (Schaumburg, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

I submitted an application online, though I strongly believe that face to face contact sells far better than paper. I went in several times over the course of a week and introduced myself to managers. I was eventually interviewed by the regional manager, though he seemed less than enthusiastic to interview me. It seems audacity, in this case, was the wrong way to go as the interview was rushed and I never heard back from them.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you disagreed with a supervisor and what was your response   1 Answer

Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Apple in January 2017.

Interview

Simple group interview to get to know the potential candidates. They definitely observe how you interact with others right when you walk through the door so be aware of that.

Interview Questions

• What was a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY).

Interview

We went through a couple of group interviews. I think it was 3 total. We then had a one on one with one of the floor managers. Then a one on one with the store leader. After that you have a phone interview with the market leader.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you adapted to a situation   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process for me was horrible. I went to my first interview, a group interview, which was fun and pretty easy, and was told I would be contacted by the end of the week, they did not. I emailed them, they told me that by the end of the following week they would contact me to let me know when my next interview would be, so I passed the first interview. Again they did not contact me, so I reached out again, I was very interested in working there. Again, they sent the same email, that by the following week they would contact me. I waited, and again, no contact, so I emailed again. 4 weeks after my initial interview, I finally got an email asking me to come in for an in-store interview week 5 from my first interview. Honestly, I thought the interview went very well, but was declined the offer to work there. Now, usually I am not a person to post reviews, and especially not negative ones, but I felt so bothered by the whole experience, I felt I needed to post this. They pretty much wasted 5 weeks of my time, during a time in which I really needed a better job, only to then be told no. Don't know that I would recommend applying to this company.

Interview Questions

• Name a time at work you went above and beyond what you were expected to do.   Answer Question

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple (London, England (UK)).

Interview

3 stage process.
    1st stage - group assessment (introduction and 2 group activities we had to do)
    2nd stage - panel interview (3 interviewers and 4 interviewees, firing standard competency based questions for each of us)
    3rd stage - another group assessment (exactly the same as the first)

Interview Questions

• Can you recall a time when you had to deal with a difficult situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non-negotiable

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Received communication from an apple recruiter. Had a chat with her
    (Linsey). Then got a phone call for 30 minutes. Very good generic questions. I love it. Then they scheduled me a more in depth 1 hour call. Then onsite for 1 full day.

Interview Questions

• Convince a customer to upgrade the phone from iPhone 6 to iPhone 6Plus.   1 Answer