Apple Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

Updated May 14, 2017

2.9

Apple Retail Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Apple (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I got to the second round of interviews and unfortunately didn't make it to the third. It was a very conversation-like group interview with four other individuals. We met at a non-apple location where they have their smaller office in a conference room. We went around and introduced ourselves and the interview began.

Interview Questions

• Tell us one time you had to make an administrative decision and what was the outcome.   3 Answers

Manager of Product Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Brief call with a recruiter, followed by a call a week later by the hiring manager. He was late, and seemed to be annoyed right from the get go. Questions were all over the place, and would talk right over me instead of letting me finish. At the end he listed some next steps, making it sound like the interview was positive. However, even when I followed up, I go no response from the recruiter. A simple "No thanks" would have been better than nothing.

Interview Questions

• What is your most recent difficult accomplishment, and how did you go about solving for it?   1 Answer

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Walnut Creek, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online the first week of February and it took until the end of March for me to get an email from them saying they were inviting me to a hiring event. I show up early and there's 11 other applicants at the event. It was a two hour event that was a mix of presentations from the Apple employees and smaller interviews between us applicants. They had a closing Q&A session and then told us they would be getting in contact with us within the next 10 days.

I was getting nervous because I hadn't heard from them in 8 days and then in the 9th late at night I got a call asking me to come in for a second interview. I show up, early again, and there's another person interviewing with me. There's two upper management employees that have both been there for over 15 years giving us the interview. It was only an hour and then they said they would be calling us by the end of the night with their decision.

All in all it was a very good experience; the best interview experience I've had in my short working career. Even if i hadn't been offered the position I still would have been very impressed with how they structured their interview process.

Tips: just be yourself! It's very conversational and laid back. They want to see if you can just have and honest straightforward conversation with someone and be genuinely interested. They ask you ZERO questions about apple and their products (well i wasn't asked any) and it's all about your personality. Don't be nervous and most importantly don't be afraid. Every Apple employee I interacted with was extremely friendly and approachable. They will be able to tell quickly if you're uncomfortable approaching strangers and having conversations. So remember relax and be yourself.

Interview Questions

• What was the best customer service experience you had and why was it memorable?   1 Answer
    • Why would you be a good fit at Apple?   Answer Question

Apple Retail Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Received a phone interview to work at the San Francisco location for an initial screening to see if I would be a good fit but unfortunately I didn't make it past this round.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple (Berkeley, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through my college and was selected for an on-campus interview. The interview was very casual and my interviewer was pretty easy to talk to. Like what I've read from other interview processes listed here, the interview was more of a conversation. We talked about our favorite TV shows and she asked me to rate the restaurants around here because she wanted to get dinner after. Despite the easy interview, I felt that I didn't get the opportunity to talk about my skills.

Product Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Berkeley, CA).

Interview

I got the entire process done in approximately 3 weeks. Had two interviews with the team manager. First one was in the career fair on campus. We went through my resume, she asked me several technical questions about the research and projects that I had done. She also asked me a few fundamental mechanics questions. I got all of them right so she promised me with another phone screen. The phone screen was basically a week after and took an hour. We went through the resume again while diving deeper into all the technical details. Then she asked me technical questions on fundamental mechanics, materials, and manufacturing again. Got the email from Apple one day after.

Interview Questions

• How would you assemble the macbook pro's power adapter?   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Berkeley, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Went through college recruiting. Submitted application online, then a first round one-on-one interview on campus at the college career center. Mostly behavioral questions with two technical questions. Expected that I had attended on campus recruiting events to get more information about the company.

Interview Questions

• What is something you are passionate about outside of your field?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Berkeley, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Apple contacted me to set up an interview a few weeks after talking to an engineer and giving him my resume. In total, I had two 1-hour interviews with member of the team that I will be working with during the internship. These interviews were entirely technical, and in each one I wrote a specific program with them over coderpad in C++.

Interview Questions

• There weren't really any specific questions, it was mainly trying to see if I could adapt to a foreign piece of skeleton code and finish it.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Apple reached out to me after I participated in the on campus recruiting process. They mentioned that I might be a good fit for this role, and one of the other program managers interviewed me. They asked me a bunch of bevahiral questions, which ended up in a rejection email the following day. I got no feedbacks afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a situation when you had trouble with colleges/peers   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

Interview

Talked to team's manager at school networking event (essentially an Apple-only career fair with different teams). After the networking event, I had three phone interviews about a week apart. A week after the final interview I received a verbal offer over the phone.

Interview Questions

• Do you have have any personal projects outside of school?   1 Answer