Apple Interview Questions in Santa Clara, CA | Glassdoor

Updated May 22, 2017

3.2

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Apple (Santa Clara, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me online and the process began with a basic phone screening with the potential supervisor followed by a hardcore phone interview that was purely technical and then finally on-site interview that lasted for 5 hours with 5 different people. The experience was okay but I was disappointed because I didn't get the offer despite the wonderful interview sessions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me everything about yourself that you have mentioned in your resume.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about all your projects from school and previous work experience.   Answer Question
    • Basic circuit design fundamental questions.   1 Answer
    • Basic state machine design.   Answer Question
    • Abstract system design questions with multiple constraints added as you proceed with your design.   Answer Question
    • Connector selection questions as well as power distribution on PCB   1 Answer
    • Questions about circuit breakers and their transfer function   1 Answer
    • In-dept explanations about the things you have worked on in the past.   Answer Question

IOS Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Santa Clara, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Initial recruiter phone screen followed by manager & technical phone screens followed by all-day onsite where I had to give a presentation as the first activity of the day and then was interviewed by nine people, including 5 whiteboarding exercises.

I did 4 similar interviews at Apple over a 2-month window. 3/4 of the recruiters never followed up after the onsite, despite having told me that they would get back to me within a few days.

Interview Questions

• Implement overlapped i/o using multi-threading system.   Answer Question

Field Engineer - UMTS/LTE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Although I had basic understanding of LTE/GSM the recruiter wanted me to know concepts in deep. I never had a class on LTE . Thus it was impossible for me to answer the questions

Interview Questions

• What is RRC? What are LTE bands   1 Answer

Software Engineer (Special Projects Group) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Santa Clara, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I interviewed for a software position in the Special Projects Group, which is run like a start up within Apple.

Overall it was a reasonable interview process. Fairly different from the other top tech companies, which concentrate mainly on Algorithm problems. It consisted of the following:

- Phone interview covering basics of C++ and other languages, other common software questions
    - On site interview with 5 interviews covering algorithms, software version control, design patterns, in depth questions concerning area of expertise, behavioral questions and other resume based questions.

Everyone was friendly overall, and seemed very strong technically. I enjoyed working with recruiter as well. They had a very flat company culture, and it seemed liked a very exciting position. My C++ skills were not strong enough, and I was told that was the main reason I did not get an offer. This is understandable as I have very little industry C++ experience.

Media Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Apple (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

I was a contractor previously so the interview was really just reviewing what I had been doing for the last year and a half, plus some additional duties. They already knew my capabilities

Interview Questions

• How do you retouch images for multiple colored backgrounds?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

A friend submitted my to Apple HR. The HR person email me to set up the first phone interview with a manager. The first one went well and the HR person then setup a second phone interview with another manager and said it will take 45 minutes for technical assessment. The second one also went well but haven't heard any thing from Apple yet (after one day).

Interview Questions

• They verified my work at the last company and fired questions focusing on problem-solving questions. They had follow-up questions to try to understand more about what I was doing in the last job. The second manager made sure I understood the job duties and requirements and what I will do if got hired.   Answer Question

Apple Genius Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Apple (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

The first part of of the process is to be selected for a hiring event, where they bring in about 30-ish people. Current employees sit with a group of applicants, and you just converse with them. If you move on the the second round, they do a group interview. It's very laid-back, and it relieves the pressure off of you individually. If you don't know what to answer, you have time to come up with an answer.

Interview Questions

• Describe some way you use technology in your personal hobbies or passions.   1 Answer

Sensors Characterization Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (Santa Clara, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

No CA signed and only verbal on the phone interview, Apple culture is very secret so we talked about things that is not secret (?). I think the interviewer just want to fishing for ideas to steal from, typical Apple behavior, so keep yours innovation ideas for yourself folks.

Interview Questions

• Assume that a new sensor being developed and you have to come up with ideas to test it.   1 Answer

Cartographic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Santa Clara, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

There were 2 phone interviews, one with the recruiter and one with the team's manager. Then I was invited to Santa Clara where I was put up for two nights and had a day of interviews with the entire cartography team. The first portion was a review of my portfolio, followed by lunch, followed by a geography quiz and two mapping exercises. The geography quiz seemed a bit forced and unnecessary.

Transport Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I went via an internal referral. A recruiter contacted me and we scheduled a date and time. The process was very smooth. On my interview day I had six technical interviews. Five of them went very well, all in cryptography and network security. One was average, with the interviewer grilling me on C internals and went on to dive deeper into man-in-the-middle attacks and Secure Shell. Obviously he was expecting me to say what he wanted to hear and I did not get what he wanted to know. Because the next interviewer came in, he had to leave. On the whole I was expecting to get to the next round but it looked like they decided to move on with someone else.

Interview Questions

• Explain man-in-the-middle attacks   1 Answer