Apple Interview Questions in Santa Clara, CA | Glassdoor

3.1

31 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

GIS Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Santa Clara, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

5-10 minutes phone interview with Apex who hire for Apple. Interviewer was very kind and made me remain calm. Basic GIS terminologies and previous work experience in GIS were the main focus during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Difference between Vector and Raster? Geocoding and Georeferencing differences? How would you go about analysing big data of all US colleges given a certain point? how would you confirm town/city address? What layers would you include in a web mapping application for giving directions?   Answer Question

Sensor Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Apple (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Get touch from recruiter on social network, and get 1 phone interview from the manager, then is the on-site interview about 10 rounds for whole day. Each round is half an hour and there's no rest between, so take the time to drink and go the the rest room.

Interview Questions

• Ordinary: Why Apple? Make chart of previous project, and dive into details. Also some fundamental problems like circuit problems, validation problems.   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Apple (Santa Clara, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Internal Apple recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn, and set up a a phone call between me and one of the team members. It was a technical phone screening. Then I moved on to the next phone screen with the team lead, which was another technical phone screen. Then another call with the recruiter to set up the onsite interview. The onsite interview consisted of a 40 minutes presentation which I prepared a lot for. I had 8 rounds of interviews in one day with 8 people form the team and other teams. Some interviews were technical and some behavioral. I was there onsite from 10AM with back-to-back interviews. The recruiting coordinator "forgot" to schedule a time for lunch. So I had to go through the day without eating until 5PM. Rooms were not reserved for some interviews and we had walk around to find an available room. It was a total mess. After 8 rounds of interviews and 40 minutes of presentation I was done.

After more than 1 month that I did not hear from them, I sent an email to them asking for some feedback. they said we are working on it and will get back to you. I again did not hear form them for another two weeks. So I sent another email again asking for feedback. Then the recruiter called me and said all the reviews were great, and all the candidates were good, it was a hard decision and we had to move forward with the candidate who go the highest score.

That's fine if you do not want to move forward with an applicant. But not giving them any feedback for more than one month, and blaming it on "we are very busy, and have too much on our plates" is not an acceptable excuse. Candidates spent days preparing for such interviews and it is very disrespectful not to even care to email them back with the decision. I am sure had I not emailed them, I would not have heard back for another month. very disrespectful!

Interview Questions

• The asked a question about set cover.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Santa Clara, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Got the request from the Recruiter by seeing the details from the linkedin of mine ,And he scheduled the call with the one of the soft ware Engineer ,Interviewer asked couple of details about project and Node how Stream and File System works ,Some of the data Structure Questions from leet code ( medium level).

Interview Questions

• Some of the data Structure Questions from leet code ( medium level).   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

A recruiter contacted me online and the process began with a basic phone screening with the potential supervisor followed by a hardcore phone interview that was purely technical and then finally on-site interview that lasted for 5 hours with 5 different people. The experience was okay but I was disappointed because I didn't get the offer despite the wonderful interview sessions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me everything about yourself that you have mentioned in your resume.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about all your projects from school and previous work experience.   Answer Question
    • Basic circuit design fundamental questions.   1 Answer
    • Basic state machine design.   Answer Question
    • Abstract system design questions with multiple constraints added as you proceed with your design.   Answer Question
    • Connector selection questions as well as power distribution on PCB   1 Answer
    • Questions about circuit breakers and their transfer function   1 Answer
    • In-dept explanations about the things you have worked on in the past.   Answer Question

IOS Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Santa Clara, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Initial recruiter phone screen followed by manager & technical phone screens followed by all-day onsite where I had to give a presentation as the first activity of the day and then was interviewed by nine people, including 5 whiteboarding exercises.

I did 4 similar interviews at Apple over a 2-month window. 3/4 of the recruiters never followed up after the onsite, despite having told me that they would get back to me within a few days.

Field Engineer - UMTS/LTE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Although I had basic understanding of LTE/GSM the recruiter wanted me to know concepts in deep. I never had a class on LTE . Thus it was impossible for me to answer the questions

Interview Questions

• What is RRC? What are LTE bands   1 Answer

Software Engineer (Special Projects Group) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Santa Clara, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I interviewed for a software position in the Special Projects Group, which is run like a start up within Apple.

Overall it was a reasonable interview process. Fairly different from the other top tech companies, which concentrate mainly on Algorithm problems. It consisted of the following:

- Phone interview covering basics of C++ and other languages, other common software questions
    - On site interview with 5 interviews covering algorithms, software version control, design patterns, in depth questions concerning area of expertise, behavioral questions and other resume based questions.

Everyone was friendly overall, and seemed very strong technically. I enjoyed working with recruiter as well. They had a very flat company culture, and it seemed liked a very exciting position. My C++ skills were not strong enough, and I was told that was the main reason I did not get an offer. This is understandable as I have very little industry C++ experience.

Media Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Apple (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

I was a contractor previously so the interview was really just reviewing what I had been doing for the last year and a half, plus some additional duties. They already knew my capabilities

Interview Questions

• How do you retouch images for multiple colored backgrounds?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

A friend submitted my to Apple HR. The HR person email me to set up the first phone interview with a manager. The first one went well and the HR person then setup a second phone interview with another manager and said it will take 45 minutes for technical assessment. The second one also went well but haven't heard any thing from Apple yet (after one day).

Interview Questions

• They verified my work at the last company and fired questions focusing on problem-solving questions. They had follow-up questions to try to understand more about what I was doing in the last job. The second manager made sure I understood the job duties and requirements and what I will do if got hired.   Answer Question