Apple Interview Questions in Seattle, WA | Glassdoor

2.9

43 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Escalation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Apple (Seattle, WA) in July 2017.

Interview

I had a phone screen with a member of Apple's recruiting team. She asked me questions about my salary expectations and when I would be available to meet with the hiring manager for a phone screen.

Touch Calibration Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Apple (Seattle, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

One phone screen and two phone interviews - mix of hardware and software questions. Focus on op amps, bit manipulation, assembly code, low level C questions (stack/heap and how to prevent a stack overflow), and general hardware questions like signal integrity.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Apple (Seattle, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter a few months ago for a position in the Turi group. But at that time their interest fell through. They later contacted me again and setup a phone screen with their hiring manager. The phone screen was easy enough, nothing major. We talked a lot about my experience and some behavioral questions.

Later they invited me to an onsite loop. The onsite loop was difficult but I thoroughly enjoyed the challenge as it was not the regular data structure algorithm questions but much more deeper than that. Most questions involved scaling questions and machine learning questions because I had applied for a distributed system / machine learning software engineering position.

Overall it was an amazing experience and even if I did not get the job, I learned during those interviews. The interviewers were all very professional. Only negative was that the onsite interview was a bit long because I talked to at least 7 people during the whole day.

Interview Questions

• NDA: A few graph questions, system design and scaling and Machine Learning questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Phone screen, then 3 hours of onsite interviews. Asynchronous programming and logic questions. System design. Questions were difficult but interesting. Typical from any major software company, eg similar to Amazon. Didn't ask behavioral questions, just technical.

Interview Questions

• The standard questions on graphs and graph traversal.   2 Answers

Software Engineer (Seattle) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Seattle, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

I passed the phone interview which took an hour. I did my on-site loop interviewing with 4 engineers and a manager. I got an offer but the compensation was way below the going rate.

Interview Questions

• Several questions related to site debugging and two coding questions related to binary search trees and graph traversal.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Seattle, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

A long phone call. Code question is simple. It's about designing a data structure. Besides, we talked a lot about my resume. I talked a lot of details on my former projects. And they gave me lots of time to ask them questions. Generally, it's very comfortable to talk with them.

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Seattle, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

I went to a hiring event in Bellevue. There were about 40 people there. We divided out into groups and each managers would pass by each group. We were then provided an iPad with questions on there, and each of us had to pick a question then answered it.
    - I got a phone called a few days after the hiring event from the store I wanted to work at. They scheduled me to meet with a senior manager and store leader for an interview.
    - After the face to face interview, I got an email saying I would get a phone call from the Market Leader for the last step.
    - A week later I got an offer.

Interview Questions

• Focuses on customers service.
      1. How would you handle disagreement between you and another co-worker?   Answer Question
    • 2. After you finished with a customer and on your way back to your queue-point person, a customer asked you if you are free to help. what would you do?   Answer Question

Apple Retail Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Seattle, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

Different from other interviews. There was a group exercise where you have to introduce the person sitting next to you and convince the managers that they should hire them. This is spoken in front of roughly 50 people. Then there was a group scenario activity.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Seattle, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

Some engineer called me. For a 1 hour coding round (Java position) started with some basic questions. Then kept asking about networking internals, file system internals, network packet details, protocol details. This is especially confusing since the position requirements don't list them.

So it ended with no coding and in 30 mins.

Interview Questions

• unix internals, networking internals, packets, protocols, threading internals   Answer Question

Apple AHA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Seattle, WA) in October 2015.

Interview

customer service skills. Able to identity yourself well. able to look things in different perspectives. able to troubleshooting and how would you troubleshooting things when you are not present. it was very chill and chat. very general question, being able to communicate confidently is very important!

Interview Questions

• what was the wrong customer service experience you had, and what would you do?   Answer Question