Apple Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Apple Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Apple

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Apple (Sunnyvale, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

The whole process moved pretty quickly. After HR phone call and one phone interview, I was invited to Apple campus for the onsite interview. The onsite interview consists of four 1-on-1 technical interviews and one lunch interview with the hiring manager. All the interviewers were friendly and knowledgeable in their domains. They showed interest in my knowledge and skill; the questions asked were well-thought-out, and relevant to the position requirements.

I really liked the streamlined logistics, such as, one phone interview, booking on appletravel, and per diem reimbursement. It gave interview candidates more options and flexibility.

1 week later, I followed up and was told that there was no offer. Nonetheless, it was generally a positive experience.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Wa supposed to be a exploratory call but turned out to be a tech screen. The Recruiter was very friendly and helpful. There were three Questions from Hacker Rank to solve in 30 mins.

There are n people standing in line to buy show tickets. Due to High Demand, The Venue sells tickets according to the following rules:

Interview Questions

• We express the initial line of n people as an array, tickets = [ticket(0),ticket(1),...,ticket(n-1)] where each tickers, denotes the number of tickets that person i wishes to buy. If Jesse is located at postion p. How many seconds will it take for him to purchase the tickets.

For example if tickets = [1,2,5] and p=1 the first five
      Following rules should apply:
      1.The person at the head of the line can by exactly one ticket and must exit the line
      2.If a person needs to purchase additional tickets, they must re-enter the end of the line in wait to be sold the next ticket (assume exit and re-entry takes 0 seconds)
      3.Each ticket sale dates exactly one second.

Find the time taken   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter for applying to a conference. Scheduled a phone interview that week. I thought I did well, but I never heard back. I emailed the recruiter back-- no response.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple in October 2017.

Interview

Was scheduled for phone screen directly from a manager. Was told someone by X would call for a screening, but some random person called and asked me go to this link and start solving this problem, very rude. Though I Solved the problem.
    No response from anybody yet
    When I can set aside sometime for the interview, they should have the courtesy to ATLEAST reply.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA).

Interview

I interviewed with one of the OS platform teams for a Sr. Developer role. I was reached out by a recruiter on LinkedIn since I had experience in the domain. After a few back and forth emails with the recruiter, I had a call with him where we talked about my experience, projects, etc. Then he set up a call with the hiring manager, who asked more in depth questions related to my domain. Nothing very difficult. Then he said they wanted to fly me down to Cupertino for the on-site, which would take approximately half a day.

I went to Cupertino, where I had an initial HR interview, 4 technical interviews and a lunch interview. All the technical interviews were 2:1.

Most questions involved coding and we're problems related to my domain, not the usual DS/algorithm questions. I answered all of them. There were also some leadership questions thrown in.

I answered all of them. I see the interviewers nodding along, saying things like 'Good job!', 'When you join our team, you should do <>'...

So I am getting really positive vibes here. I finish up the interviews around 3 pm, then see the recruiter who tells me will need to fly in for another interview with their director. I tell him okay and go home.

I keep checking my phone. No call or email. After 4 days, I emailed the recruiter, when I get an email saying​ that the team is interviewing other candidates who are more suitable for the role.

Overall, it was an okay experience. But I am disappointed because I performed well, kept getting positive vibes and then .... nothing.

The good thing is they reimbursed my expenses pretty quickly.

Interview Questions

• Questions related to your domain. Apple hires subject matter expert.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a design decision where you messed up and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Apple (San Jose, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Got contacted by an Apple recruiter via Linkedin. He set up a call to talk about the position and my background. He was 30 minutes late for the call. After we had the call, he told me to send him his CV so he can send it to the hiring manager of the open position. When I did it, he replied with a confirmation that he received it and had forwarded to the proper team, and he will get back to me once he hear back from the hiring manager. That was a week ago. I do not understand why the recruiters try to poach engineers and later don't follow up, specially because my Linkedin profile and CV are perfectly in sync. So no room for surprise once I sent my CV over.

Interview Questions

• Questions about my experience.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

It was a single day interview. Four sessions, each was 45 minutes. Each one had a pair of interviewers. The final session was with a pair of managers. The first three were technical.

Interview Questions

• Draw and discuss the graphics pipeline.   2 Answers
    • Implement methods to translate and rotate a transformation matrix   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple in September 2016.

Interview

Apple have a job fare for collect the resume and background checking for next in house interview. It did not last for a long time, just about 15 minutes for overall. general question about what you did in daily working, and several technical questions.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple in March 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter.I had two telephonic interviews and then a day long onsite interview.
    All of it went very well. The HR provided positive feedback after the interview, but later changed to negative and there was no offer

Interview Questions

• Mostly related to projects. Then a lot of debugging related questions. C++ upcasting and downcasting question, os concepots   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Apple in September 2018.

Interview

One phone call with the hiring manager talking about your resume and some domain knowledge and one phone call with the engineer on the team for coding interview. It is interesting to talk to them and they are pretty nice.