Apple Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Apple Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 24, 2017

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Around 2 months after I submitted my resume for Apple software engineer position, I got a call from the hiring manager. He asked me what was the good day for the interview. It took half day for meeting 5 people. It was long hour interview for me. Each interviewer spent ~ 30 minutes and asked ~ 4 questions. Each interviewer asked questions in the different areas.

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA).

Interview

Overall, the whole interview experience is great. Almost every one is friendly and kind. Except one engineer, who even doesn't know the difference between C and C++. She also messed with me when I wrote code on the white board. She insisted there are standard data structures like linked list in C, and when I told her std::list only exists in C++, she didn't buy that. She also don't understand what I'm talking about. I'm sure I was talking in English not Klingon. Seriously? This kind of people can get a job there. No wonder iOS and macOS have more and more bugs.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Phone screen, then 3 hours of onsite interviews. Asynchronous programming and logic questions. System design. Questions were difficult but interesting. Typical from any major software company, eg similar to Amazon. Didn't ask behavioral questions, just technical.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

This was a phone interview. The interviewer called me on time, and we started our discussion.
    The interviewer was very professional. We chatted on what I did in my current company, and then spend the rest of the hour on the following question.

Interview Questions

• Given a list of strings, provide the number of strings that are unique within the list.   1 Answer

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

definitely harder than my more standard interviews at other big companies (Facebook, microsoft). seemed more specific and hard to prepare for. interviewers knew their stuff and questions were specific to the role I interviewed for.

Interview Questions

• lots of specific memory management questions, C++ questions   1 Answer

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Applied on Campus, and had an interview the day after. Told that if a team is interested in hiring me, they will contact me directly. I told the engineer about my personal projects, and why I wanted to work at Apple.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Initially I received a call from a recruiter that found my profile on Linkedin. Then I had two technical phone interviews, with questions on my experience and about programming, data structures and algorithms. I one of them I had to connect to an online coding site to analyze and modify some code. Finally, I was invited to an onsite interview. There I met 9 people, including my recruiter, and was asked questions about programming and, mainly, solving problems in whiteboard. Some problems did not involve writing code, but sketching a solution on the board.

Interview Questions

• Questions about programming, data structures and algorithms. Also some questions related to skills necessary for the position and some others like why this position and what excites you, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Sunnyvale, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Mostly coding interview questions. Surprisingly, the people are very nice to me. The questions are standard -- you can find on topcoder, geeksforgeeks, and leetcode. However, I did not like the place at all, there is even a place to sit before the interview. But the recruiter is a very nice person and helped me very well throughout the process. Anyway, after seeing the working place, I have decided to not to try for Apple in near future.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions such as Trees, Tries, Graph Traversals etc.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Apple in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received an email from a recruiter within two weeks, asking for open times to conduct an interview. I opted to take it as soon as possible, and was able to have it within the week. Interview was conducted over the phone and consisted of basic introductory questions in order to learn more about me, my skills, school, and intentions.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Apple in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online for a software engineer internship, and filled out their Apple profile with basic resume questions and preferences.
    They reached out to me for a phone interview which was specific to the team they matched me with based on my preferences.

Interview Questions

• Given a vector of integers, return true if each integer has a duplicate within the vector and false if not.   1 Answer