Apple Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 7, 2017

3.1

231 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Around 2 months after I submitted my resume for Apple software engineer position, I got a call from the hiring manager. He asked me what was the good day for the interview. It took half day for meeting 5 people. It was long hour interview for me. Each interviewer spent ~ 30 minutes and asked ~ 4 questions. Each interviewer asked questions in the different areas.

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA).

Interview

I got an email from a recruiter. After a while I signed an NDA and got my first interview screen.

This interview was super nice. I really enjoyed talking to the interviewer. He asked me about things I listed on my resume and we talked about implementation details.

They flew me over to Cupertino a few weeks later.

The interview was on site.
    I talked first with the recruiter who insisted in how much I was expecting for a salary. I tried to avoid it but the conversation would not progress without numbers. This was very annoying.

The technical interview started. I picked the wrong approach and the interviewer dug me into a hole as he gave me no chance to stop and start with a different approach.

The next interviews were more to talk about what I do, similar to the first screen interview.

It was lunch time and I was handed food and the next interview started. It was a white board code problem, and as I was solving and explaining the interviewer was eating his pear and looking at his plate. I finished the test and I felt he was expecting a certain answer because he didn't talk about my solution, just what he expected as solution.

I was not able to finish my lunch before the next interview started.

The next was another white board code interview. This was nice and the guy was great. Super high spirits and talkative. I really enjoyed this interview. The problem was not complex, was just to check my knowledge on C++.

4 hours later and no breaks, I had my last interview. It was another white board code interview. I did go half way on the solution. This last question was rather simple, but I was too tired to think clearly.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

HR contact me through LinkedIn. I had three phone screening and failed at the third one. HR generally notifies me of the next phone screening after two to three days

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Phone Interview: 10min for resume and then two simple coding questions in C. The problem is equivalent to easy problems in Leetcode and I solved it without too much thinking.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Had a phone interview with an engineer. I was asked one easy level leetcode question and one hard level leetcode question. I solved both of them. Recruiter got back in 4 days saying there wasn't a match with the team.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple in August 2017.

Interview

First a phone interview with a recruiter. Talking about my background, my projects, how do I think about apple and basic questions. They scheduled an on-site interview but I couldn't go with my personal problem.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple in July 2017.

Interview

The worst company to apply for. Totally based on luck. I have given interview in 3 teams, Maps, iCloud and Siri.

Let me explain each process.

1. For Siri: First round was HR Round and I did well. Then hackkerrank coderpad phone screen. Also Went really well. Executed the code and passed all the test cases. Today, it is 3 months send lots of thank you emails no response. No YES or no NO. Their management is worst specifically the recruiters. Honestly, the do not care and know about anything about any candidate.

2. Maps: Given HR. Cleared. Given 1st technical screen. Cleared. 2nd Technical screen. went really well. Answered properly leetcode hard question. Executed and cleared all test cases on hackerrank codepair. The interview was rescheduled several times because interviewers never called. After 3 weeks they are calling me saying they want 7+ experience person. Are you stupid? I clearly asked them that you should first see the resume and then allow us for the interview. She said interview gave a positive response but hiring manager needs a candidate with more experience. This is completely stupid. I feel hiring manager first see the resume and then allow a candidate for the interview.

3. iCloud: Cleared all the rounds. This is 4th week I am waiting for a confirmation for onsite interviews. This team was good and had a great talk with interviewers. Interviews were rescueduled from their side for like 4 times. NO RESPONSE.

I will suggest you guys that even you are getting a call from apple never get happy. Please be ready to waste your time. Even if you do the best they won't reply you ever. If you are a girl engineer then do not apply and say not when a recruiter is calling you for an interview. :D :D :D

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

pretty standard. asked simple questions about experience, why i wanted the job, education. nothing too shocking or out of the ordinary. Just come prepared and you should be good to go.

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

From the initial talk with a recruiter to the onsite interview process, everything was extremely professional and every person I met with was very friendly. The recruiter consistently responded promptly to emails and got everything set up very quickly. The interviewers on the onsite did their best to ask questions relative to the actual job position and did their best to reduce my nerves. Typical algorithm and design questions, but seemed less interested in perfect code and answers and more interested in hearing how you think and come up with responses.

Interview Questions

• Typical algorithm and data structures   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied through university. 5 rounds of interview. The first interview was a discussion of my big data projects with the manager. The second interviewer was a distributed systems engineer and asked a design problem. The aim was to make a system that is always consistent and available. He developed constraints as we went along and made me derive the Quorum Relation. The third interviewer basically just talked about my interests and level of experience in mobile tech. The fourth interviewer asked me to write a code to add/subtract two linked lists that contained a digit each to represent huge numbers. The fifth interviewer was the director of the group and explained what the work is like.

Interview Questions

• Write a code to add/subtract two linked lists that contained a digit each to represent huge numbers.
      1 -> 4 -> 4 + 1 ->9 -> 5