Apple Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Apple Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Apple

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Around 2 months after I submitted my resume for Apple software engineer position, I got a call from the hiring manager. He asked me what was the good day for the interview. It took half day for meeting 5 people. It was long hour interview for me. Each interviewer spent ~ 30 minutes and asked ~ 4 questions. Each interviewer asked questions in the different areas.

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Not recommended to accept or apply if you are self-identified as minority (Black, American Native or Latino) #EEOC. Your resume will not pass from the second technical interview, it seems that for the HR your resume doesn't worth anything. It took around one month and a half (a waste of time). It was for an iOS team. At the beginning everything was fine, some of the interviewers where nice. I solved all the technical white board test and answered all the questions they asked, even when the last white interviewer got very interested to ask questions of very old projects that I have done many years ago, and I barely remembered the details of their code base.

Interview Questions

• He was asking me deep technical details about how the app that I developed for other company worked. And some technical leetcode style easy questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY).

Interview

The usual phone screen and on-sites

Overall very dissatisfied with their attitude. Their recruiters were flaky and disrespectful, as were the team. They were consistent late getting back to me, with changing opinions. At one point they tried to set up an additional phone screen even after I had done the onsite. Not respectful of candidates at all.

Interview Questions

• standard algo and data structures   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I think the interview process was well-run, but it was quite difficult. The coding challenge was definitely on the more difficult side and the in person interview was also quite nervewracking. But overall still a good experience

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Campus interview. The interviewer is nice. But I heard no response after the interview, no rejection or any further move. Even if it is a rejection, I think it is better to have an email notification to tell me then I can move on.

Interview Questions

• Given a sorted array, return the sorted array of their squares.
      Copy a graph.   4 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in February 2020.

Interview

A friend of mine who used to work at Apple forwarded my resume to some teams that were hiring. A recruiter ended up reaching out to me. I had a phone interview with the hiring manager, followed by a technical phone interview with a prospective teammate and an onsite interview.

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in February 2020.

Interview

I was asked to describe interfaces for frameworks/classes to solve different problems (for example, design a framework for playing cards), as well as questions about Xcode tooling, rendering and animations.

Interview Questions

• How does UIKit renders views on the screen?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2020.

Interview

You walk into the building and a kind sir escorts you to the waiting area and you sit down with 2 individuals who ask you questions relating to your behavior. There were also a few tech programming questions

Interview Questions

• How many challenges have you encountered in your academic and personal life and how have they helped you grow as a learner.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Standard technical interview of about 45 minutes to an hour about distributed systems. The interview went well and the interviewer was pleasant and nice to work with. Similar in style to most other big software firms

Interview Questions

• Determine a spread strategy for load balancing.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in December 2019.

Interview

3 Phone Calls + 1 On Site. They put a lot of effort into narrowing the pool of applicants before giving on site offers. The on site interview consisted of 5 different individual and group interviews.

Interview Questions

• Homework assignment for one of the phone calls was to create a Boggle Solver (finding all possible english words in a given boggle board). You are allowed to use any language of your choosing and you had multiple days to come up with a solution.
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boggle   Answer Question