Apple Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 1, 2017

3.1

223 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Around 2 months after I submitted my resume for Apple software engineer position, I got a call from the hiring manager. He asked me what was the good day for the interview. It took half day for meeting 5 people. It was long hour interview for me. Each interviewer spent ~ 30 minutes and asked ~ 4 questions. Each interviewer asked questions in the different areas.

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple in July 2017.

Interview

The worst company to apply for. Totally based on luck. I have given interview in 3 teams, Maps, iCloud and Siri.

Let me explain each process.

1. For Siri: First round was HR Round and I did well. Then hackkerrank coderpad phone screen. Also Went really well. Executed the code and passed all the test cases. Today, it is 3 months send lots of thank you emails no response. No YES or no NO. Their management is worst specifically the recruiters. Honestly, the do not care and know about anything about any candidate.

2. Maps: Given HR. Cleared. Given 1st technical screen. Cleared. 2nd Technical screen. went really well. Answered properly leetcode hard question. Executed and cleared all test cases on hackerrank codepair. The interview was rescheduled several times because interviewers never called. After 3 weeks they are calling me saying they want 7+ experience person. Are you stupid? I clearly asked them that you should first see the resume and then allow us for the interview. She said interview gave a positive response but hiring manager needs a candidate with more experience. This is completely stupid. I feel hiring manager first see the resume and then allow a candidate for the interview.

3. iCloud: Cleared all the rounds. This is 4th week I am waiting for a confirmation for onsite interviews. This team was good and had a great talk with interviewers. Interviews were rescueduled from their side for like 4 times. NO RESPONSE.

I will suggest you guys that even you are getting a call from apple never get happy. Please be ready to waste your time. Even if you do the best they won't reply you ever. If you are a girl engineer then do not apply and say not when a recruiter is calling you for an interview. :D :D :D

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

From the initial talk with a recruiter to the onsite interview process, everything was extremely professional and every person I met with was very friendly. The recruiter consistently responded promptly to emails and got everything set up very quickly. The interviewers on the onsite did their best to ask questions relative to the actual job position and did their best to reduce my nerves. Typical algorithm and design questions, but seemed less interested in perfect code and answers and more interested in hearing how you think and come up with responses.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

pretty standard. asked simple questions about experience, why i wanted the job, education. nothing too shocking or out of the ordinary. Just come prepared and you should be good to go.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Apple (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

There was one recruiter conversation and one phone screen, followed by an on-site with six people. Several of the interviewers were on the team itself, though there were also people on related teams.

The role is largely research in nature. They asked me to talk about past research work, my research ideas and perspectives. They asked me essentially zero problem-solving questions, but instead a lot of terminology / opinion questions.

Interview Questions

• They also asked me some behavioural questions and simple "do you know about X" type questions, and very few problem solving questions. I have no idea how they were able to judge me based on any of the questions they asked. They were mostly very friendly, though some a few of the questions came across very defensive / barbed.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with Apple SiriKit team in May 2017. The interview process is described below:

- 2 phone screen interviews
    - onsite interview
    - Interview with Manager
    - Interview with Senior Manager

Interviewed with SiriKit Team. Onsite interview had 5 rounds.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Apple (Seattle, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter a few months ago for a position in the Turi group. But at that time their interest fell through. They later contacted me again and setup a phone screen with their hiring manager. The phone screen was easy enough, nothing major. We talked a lot about my experience and some behavioral questions.

Later they invited me to an onsite loop. The onsite loop was difficult but I thoroughly enjoyed the challenge as it was not the regular data structure algorithm questions but much more deeper than that. Most questions involved scaling questions and machine learning questions because I had applied for a distributed system / machine learning software engineering position.

Overall it was an amazing experience and even if I did not get the job, I learned during those interviews. The interviewers were all very professional. Only negative was that the onsite interview was a bit long because I talked to at least 7 people during the whole day.

Interview Questions

• NDA: A few graph questions, system design and scaling and Machine Learning questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Phone screen, then 3 hours of onsite interviews. Asynchronous programming and logic questions. System design. Questions were difficult but interesting. Typical from any major software company, eg similar to Amazon. Didn't ask behavioral questions, just technical.

Interview Questions

• The standard questions on graphs and graph traversal.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

My hiring timeline was as follows:
    - Feb: Contacted through LinkedIn about a position, initial phone call with the recruiter
    - Mar: Phone interview with the hiring manager
    - Apr: On-site interview
    - May: Offer

At the on-site interview I was interviewed by 6 2-person panels for 45 mins each and had a break for lunch at Caffè Macs with the hiring managers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Santa Clara, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Got the request from the Recruiter by seeing the details from the linkedin of mine ,And he scheduled the call with the one of the soft ware Engineer ,Interviewer asked couple of details about project and Node how Stream and File System works ,Some of the data Structure Questions from leet code ( medium level).

Interview Questions

• Some of the data Structure Questions from leet code ( medium level).   1 Answer