Apple Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Apple Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Apple

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Specific teams at Apple hire rather than company first, then picking teams. Had an employee referral to her team and received two initial phone screens before the on site interviews. Made it through both phone screens, then the recruiter ghosted me. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

One initial call with the recruiter, two technical phone screens, a 5-hour onsite, and then both of the recruiters I was working with ghosted on me. It's been over a month since my onsite, I sent two follow-up emails to both recruiters and I've heard absolutely nothing from either of them. I knew this was a strong possibility based on the other Glassdoor reviews so I'm not surprised, but still-- what a waste of PTO.

Interview Questions

• Algorithms questions, architecture/ system design questions, NLP questions   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Apple in February 2018.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter via LinkedIn. Then short convo w/ recruiter, followed by a call with team manager, then coding interview. Was ghosted after that. My email software even shows when they viewed my follow-up emails! Very unprofessional. What if a prospective engineer wanted to apply a few years down the road after their skills had improved, but were so off-put by the unprofessionalism they wouldn't bother. Even a quick copy-paste template reject email goes a long way. Have had much better experiences with other big tech companies like Facebook.

Interview Questions

• NDA but basic leetcode algorithm questions. A few behavior questions but algorithm questions are really the only thing they seem to care about unless you're overly weird/crazy. Don't even bother w/ personal projects.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied through university. 5 rounds of interview. The first interview was a discussion of my big data projects with the manager. The second interviewer was a distributed systems engineer and asked a design problem. The aim was to make a system that is always consistent and available. He developed constraints as we went along and made me derive the Quorum Relation. The third interviewer basically just talked about my interests and level of experience in mobile tech. The fourth interviewer asked me to write a code to add/subtract two linked lists that contained a digit each to represent huge numbers. The fifth interviewer was the director of the group and explained what the work is like.

Interview Questions

• Write a code to add/subtract two linked lists that contained a digit each to represent huge numbers.
      1 -> 4 -> 4 + 1 ->9 -> 5
      1 -> 4 -> 4 - 1 ->9 -> 5   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Had a phone interview with an engineer. I was asked one easy level leetcode question and one hard level leetcode question. I solved both of them. Recruiter got back in 4 days saying there wasn't a match with the team.

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

From the initial talk with a recruiter to the onsite interview process, everything was extremely professional and every person I met with was very friendly. The recruiter consistently responded promptly to emails and got everything set up very quickly. The interviewers on the onsite did their best to ask questions relative to the actual job position and did their best to reduce my nerves. Typical algorithm and design questions, but seemed less interested in perfect code and answers and more interested in hearing how you think and come up with responses.

Interview Questions

• Typical algorithm and data structures   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple in July 2017.

Interview

The worst company to apply for. Totally based on luck. I have given interview in 3 teams, Maps, iCloud and Siri.

Let me explain each process.

1. For Siri: First round was HR Round and I did well. Then hackkerrank coderpad phone screen. Also Went really well. Executed the code and passed all the test cases. Today, it is 3 months send lots of thank you emails no response. No YES or no NO. Their management is worst specifically the recruiters. Honestly, the do not care and know about anything about any candidate.

2. Maps: Given HR. Cleared. Given 1st technical screen. Cleared. 2nd Technical screen. went really well. Answered properly leetcode hard question. Executed and cleared all test cases on hackerrank codepair. The interview was rescheduled several times because interviewers never called. After 3 weeks they are calling me saying they want 7+ experience person. Are you stupid? I clearly asked them that you should first see the resume and then allow us for the interview. She said interview gave a positive response but hiring manager needs a candidate with more experience. This is completely stupid. I feel hiring manager first see the resume and then allow a candidate for the interview.

3. iCloud: Cleared all the rounds. This is 4th week I am waiting for a confirmation for onsite interviews. This team was good and had a great talk with interviewers. Interviews were rescueduled from their side for like 4 times. NO RESPONSE.

I will suggest you guys that even you are getting a call from apple never get happy. Please be ready to waste your time. Even if you do the best they won't reply you ever. If you are a girl engineer then do not apply and say not when a recruiter is calling you for an interview. :D :D :D

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with Apple SiriKit team in May 2017. The interview process is described below:

- 2 phone screen interviews
    - onsite interview
    - Interview with Manager
    - Interview with Senior Manager

Interviewed with SiriKit Team. Onsite interview had 5 rounds.

Interview Questions

• Normal Algos, System and Software Design Problems   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

pretty standard. asked simple questions about experience, why i wanted the job, education. nothing too shocking or out of the ordinary. Just come prepared and you should be good to go.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Apple (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

There was one recruiter conversation and one phone screen, followed by an on-site with six people. Several of the interviewers were on the team itself, though there were also people on related teams.

The role is largely research in nature. They asked me to talk about past research work, my research ideas and perspectives. They asked me essentially zero problem-solving questions, but instead a lot of terminology / opinion questions.

Interview Questions

• They also asked me some behavioural questions and simple "do you know about X" type questions, and very few problem solving questions. I have no idea how they were able to judge me based on any of the questions they asked. They were mostly very friendly, though some a few of the questions came across very defensive / barbed.   1 Answer