Apple Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 1, 2017

3.1

223 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple in July 2017.

Interview

The worst company to apply for. Totally based on luck. I have given interview in 3 teams, Maps, iCloud and Siri.

Let me explain each process.

1. For Siri: First round was HR Round and I did well. Then hackkerrank coderpad phone screen. Also Went really well. Executed the code and passed all the test cases. Today, it is 3 months send lots of thank you emails no response. No YES or no NO. Their management is worst specifically the recruiters. Honestly, the do not care and know about anything about any candidate.

2. Maps: Given HR. Cleared. Given 1st technical screen. Cleared. 2nd Technical screen. went really well. Answered properly leetcode hard question. Executed and cleared all test cases on hackerrank codepair. The interview was rescheduled several times because interviewers never called. After 3 weeks they are calling me saying they want 7+ experience person. Are you stupid? I clearly asked them that you should first see the resume and then allow us for the interview. She said interview gave a positive response but hiring manager needs a candidate with more experience. This is completely stupid. I feel hiring manager first see the resume and then allow a candidate for the interview.

3. iCloud: Cleared all the rounds. This is 4th week I am waiting for a confirmation for onsite interviews. This team was good and had a great talk with interviewers. Interviews were rescueduled from their side for like 4 times. NO RESPONSE.

I will suggest you guys that even you are getting a call from apple never get happy. Please be ready to waste your time. Even if you do the best they won't reply you ever. If you are a girl engineer then do not apply and say not when a recruiter is calling you for an interview. :D :D :D

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

From the initial talk with a recruiter to the onsite interview process, everything was extremely professional and every person I met with was very friendly. The recruiter consistently responded promptly to emails and got everything set up very quickly. The interviewers on the onsite did their best to ask questions relative to the actual job position and did their best to reduce my nerves. Typical algorithm and design questions, but seemed less interested in perfect code and answers and more interested in hearing how you think and come up with responses.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

pretty standard. asked simple questions about experience, why i wanted the job, education. nothing too shocking or out of the ordinary. Just come prepared and you should be good to go.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with Apple SiriKit team in May 2017. The interview process is described below:

- 2 phone screen interviews
    - onsite interview
    - Interview with Manager
    - Interview with Senior Manager

Interviewed with SiriKit Team. Onsite interview had 5 rounds.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Apple (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

There was one recruiter conversation and one phone screen, followed by an on-site with six people. Several of the interviewers were on the team itself, though there were also people on related teams.

The role is largely research in nature. They asked me to talk about past research work, my research ideas and perspectives. They asked me essentially zero problem-solving questions, but instead a lot of terminology / opinion questions.

Interview Questions

• They also asked me some behavioural questions and simple "do you know about X" type questions, and very few problem solving questions. I have no idea how they were able to judge me based on any of the questions they asked. They were mostly very friendly, though some a few of the questions came across very defensive / barbed.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Santa Clara, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Got the request from the Recruiter by seeing the details from the linkedin of mine ,And he scheduled the call with the one of the soft ware Engineer ,Interviewer asked couple of details about project and Node how Stream and File System works ,Some of the data Structure Questions from leet code ( medium level).

Interview Questions

• Some of the data Structure Questions from leet code ( medium level).   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Apple (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Multiple individual interviews with technical questions. Had to answer about algorithms and python and C and Java and object oriented programming. Was crammed for time on multiple hard problems that I had never thought about. Came up with some decent solutions but they didn't give me much feedback on them. Was happy when it was over and I could relax my brain.

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

My hiring timeline was as follows:
    - Feb: Contacted through LinkedIn about a position, initial phone call with the recruiter
    - Mar: Phone interview with the hiring manager
    - Apr: On-site interview
    - May: Offer

At the on-site interview I was interviewed by 6 2-person panels for 45 mins each and had a break for lunch at Caffè Macs with the hiring managers.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

The process was straight forward until I got to the face to face bit. I had a phone screen, had some chats with the recruiter, everything really responsive.
    I went to the face to face bit. I was taken directly to the room that I would spend the interview in, I was offered water and coffee. I guess this is where the good bits stop.
    I had 6 people come in, in pairs of two. Each asked 2 questions over the course of an hour. 1 related to algorithms the other design one (not system design).
    After this was done I was escorted out of the building.

I didn't get a chance to ask any questions, the people seemed really rigid and condescending at times.
    I noted that one of the questions that I was asked came up in the phone interview, the interviewer had to go out and get a coffee while he thought of something else.
    The design ones didn't have a goal and I felt that the interviewers didn't know where they wanted to go with them.

I don't interview much, but this was the worst one I've been at.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple (Remote, OR) in March 2017.

Interview

Pretty standard rounds of technical phone interview, each is about an hour. And the last round will be on site. The manager called and asked some random questions to see my skill level. Asked very specific field related questions. Then just went on a live coding test.