Apple Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 18, 2018

3.2

243 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Initially I received a call from a recruiter that found my profile on Linkedin. Then I had two technical phone interviews, with questions on my experience and about programming, data structures and algorithms. I one of them I had to connect to an online coding site to analyze and modify some code. Finally, I was invited to an onsite interview. There I met 9 people, including my recruiter, and was asked questions about programming and, mainly, solving problems in whiteboard. Some problems did not involve writing code, but sketching a solution on the board.

Interview Questions

• Questions about programming, data structures and algorithms. Also some questions related to skills necessary for the position and some others like why this position and what excites you, etc.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Sunnyvale, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Mostly coding interview questions. Surprisingly, the people are very nice to me. The questions are standard -- you can find on topcoder, geeksforgeeks, and leetcode. However, I did not like the place at all, there is even a place to sit before the interview. But the recruiter is a very nice person and helped me very well throughout the process. Anyway, after seeing the working place, I have decided to not to try for Apple in near future.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions such as Trees, Tries, Graph Traversals etc.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Apple (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Multiple individual interviews with technical questions. Had to answer about algorithms and python and C and Java and object oriented programming. Was crammed for time on multiple hard problems that I had never thought about. Came up with some decent solutions but they didn't give me much feedback on them. Was happy when it was over and I could relax my brain.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Apple in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received an email from a recruiter within two weeks, asking for open times to conduct an interview. I opted to take it as soon as possible, and was able to have it within the week. Interview was conducted over the phone and consisted of basic introductory questions in order to learn more about me, my skills, school, and intentions.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Apple in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online for a software engineer internship, and filled out their Apple profile with basic resume questions and preferences.
    They reached out to me for a phone interview which was specific to the team they matched me with based on my preferences.

Interview Questions

• Given a vector of integers, return true if each integer has a duplicate within the vector and false if not.   4 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Seattle, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

A long phone call. Code question is simple. It's about designing a data structure. Besides, we talked a lot about my resume. I talked a lot of details on my former projects. And they gave me lots of time to ask them questions. Generally, it's very comfortable to talk with them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

1 phone interview, invited for the 1st round on-site interview.
    met 6 persons in a row for about 5 hours.
    but haven't met hiring manager and wasn't informed his name either before.
    I guess I impress them not that great but got positive response from most of them.
    a couple of coding questions were asked from almost every person.
    I have answered right for most of them, I realized one mistake approach for the last one after got home.
    Even though I'm a very strong programming guy for over 20+ years and top ranked in the team always,
    I understand a slight mistake might have influenced the situation in the inteview.

but I think this on-site interview process is rude and not respectful for the candidate.
    since I haven't see my hiring manager and chat at least for short time.

Interview Questions

• some basic string searching or reversing linked list.
      finding maximum sum in a row in the interger array (contains minus) - incorrect solution approach I made here   5 Answers

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Apple (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

At Grace Hopper Conference, I was interviewing with Localization team of Apple. I had two 30 minute interviews - one was mainly behavioral and walking through your resume. Second one was 1 coding question and several questions on iOS development.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

I was referred by an employee, and had a phone chat with the manager. This was followed by a phone screen, then a day with five 45 minute onsite interviews with lunch. Each interview was 2 on 1.

The process took three and a half months overall, but they assured me this was abnormally slow, due to WWDC and a large team reorg.

Good questions, interesting people and awesome discussions! I'd do it again just for fun!

Interview Questions

• A runtime has a struct Class { Class* super_class; struct { id_t method_name; void (*method_pointer); } methods*[]; }. How would you optimize for dynamic dispatch?

How do you familiarize yourself with a new, large codebase? How would you go about replacing a component in it?   Answer Question

It turns out Apple corporate policy prohibits employees from programming anything outside work, even in their own personal time. No FOSS contributions, no hobby projects, no tech demos. What a sad life for a programmer...

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple in September 2016.

Interview

I interviewed for the Siri Server Engineer role.
    The hiring manager asked to make a rest application. After completing the project, they invited me for an onsite interview. I cleared by schedule accordingly. Just two days before the onsite interview, the recruiter asked me to give a phone screen. After the phone screen, they sent me a reject email and cancelled my travel arrangements. This impacted my current work schedule. This was a horrible experience for me and i hope nobody has to go through such last minute cancellations.

Interview Questions

• Design and implement a rest application
      Phone screen: algorithm question from leetcode   Answer Question