Apple Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 30, 2017

3.1

239 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

A pleasant process, but long interview with 6 people. The interview staff were friendly, but the interview was by no means easy. The whole interview took about 6 hours, and was quite exhasuting

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Seattle, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

Some engineer called me. For a 1 hour coding round (Java position) started with some basic questions. Then kept asking about networking internals, file system internals, network packet details, protocol details. This is especially confusing since the position requirements don't list them.

So it ended with no coding and in 30 mins.

Interview Questions

• unix internals, networking internals, packets, protocols, threading internals   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter, the whole process took 3 months. After 2 phone interviews, I was told to do an onsite interview. After that, the recruiter told me I did well but the opening is no longer available and asked me to do another onsite interview for another role. After the second onsite interview, the recruiter told me they'd like to give me an offer. Two weeks later, the recruiter told me they couldn't process me with the offer since the head count has been given to somewhere else.

The interviewees are very nice and friendly. They ask me various questions from data structure, algorithm, to database, OO design etc. All these questions are not hard and make sense to me. (Except one interviewee gave me a bunch of Python3.* code printed on a piece of paper and asked me to give the output, I only use Python2.7, so I guess I gave the wrong answer to that question) However, the recruiting organize is a chaos, which makes me some kind of disappoint about Apple.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

one phone interview.
    one on-site interview.
    one-to-one with 8 people.
    1 HR, 3 people in the morning, 1 for lunch, 3 people in the afternoon.
    HR is for behavior question.
    others are all about technical questions, including domain knowledge and coding.
    the interviewers are from different teams.
    Each session takes 45 minutes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple (Sunnyvale, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by multiple teams at the same time, going over 7 phone screens and 2 onsite. I turned down some more phone screens after I got an offer from one of the teams. The interviewers are really different from person to person, some are polite and professional while others are arrogant and inexperienced, not sure how to formulate a question properly.

Took offer from another company as the manager and the team are more sincere and friendly.

Interview Questions

• A lot of data structures, dynamic programming, math and statistics questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (San Jose, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received a call from the recruiting team for a phone screen. The interview consisted of basic java questions and concepts of distributed computing and coding question(data structures and algorithm based).

Interview Questions

• What are challenges of distributed computing and how to handle them.
      Coding question on arrays.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Apple in April 2016.

Interview

Very domain specific questions, coding interview is on easy side compare to other big name companies. Two to three phone screen and then fly you to campus for a full day loop. Recruiter is very aggressive and is a little too pushy.

Interview Questions

• Exchange the odd and even bits of an integer   4 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple in April 2016.

Interview

One phone screen. I had applied long time back, recruiter called me to know my strengths and skill set. Then passed onto another recruiter who took some time to set up a phone screen. It was half an hour phone screen. Waited for a day, then inquired. Got the ding mail.

Given that I had other companies who were interested in me. I had to make time for the phone screening by de-prioritizing other companies . Unless they pursue you strongly dont bother wasting time.

Interview Questions

• Implement a peek using a existing iterator next and hasnext function.
      Interviewer was interested in correct syntax.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

The Interview is not difficult pending you know your resume in detail . They see everything and ask every detail of your project . In the end I could not get the offer as my role was pretty specialized although they will consider me for a junior role in the future . I can safely say the process should not be stressful if you are confident and the people are really nice . So keep in mind that you should hold a conversation confidently as a Engineer

Overall I had 9 rounds and 1 recruiter round during the Onsite Interview and a phone screen prior to the onsite Interview

Interview Questions

• Describe a project where you struggled and How did you overcome it ?
      Weak vs strong Pointers ?   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple in March 2016.

Interview

Pretty standard, I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter, and set to interview with a specific team. I sent in a resume and cover letter. I scheduled an interview for the next week and then was promptly given a no-offer the next day.