Apple Software Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 15, 2017

3.1

240 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Around 2 months after I submitted my resume for Apple software engineer position, I got a call from the hiring manager. He asked me what was the good day for the interview. It took half day for meeting 5 people. It was long hour interview for me. Each interviewer spent ~ 30 minutes and asked ~ 4 questions. Each interviewer asked questions in the different areas.

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Met at a campus event, was contacted to interview for a 6-month coop with the AppleCare team. I was unable to progress due to visa restrictions stopping me from completing a 6 month coop.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple in October 2017.

Interview

1. Recruiters were not professional. I have heard that the recruiters will disappear if they decide not to move forward. Even you send emails and you would never receive response.
    2. A lot of Indians at platform and infrastructure. It would not be surprised if you meet 7 out of 7 Indians onsite. They are not interviewing professionally. They try to fail you even you alreay gave correct answers. It is just because you are not Indian so you would not get an offer from the Indian hiring manager /team. The reason why the Indian team brings you onsite is they try to hide the fact that they are only hiring Indians. LoL.
    3. Apple management should do something to stop this if they want to have excellent engineers.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

I was completely disappointed with the interview process. I have 4 years of work experience in backend software systems and Big data.

I have interviewed with 4 different teams though I did well in all 4 different team phone interviews, they didn't call me for on site.

1. Some video processing team: one round with recruiter and one round with Hiring manager. He asked very simple questions I have answered all. Even he was happy with the answers. 3 days later I got reject.
    2. Apple Mac os: This is the worst ever interview process in my life. 1 recruiter, 1 hiring manager round. Answered all the questions . Got another coding round. It's a leet code hard question. I did well and the ans is also correct. Got one more coding round. 2 coding questions. Did very well. after 3 days I got a reject. Seriously!!!? They can't reject based on my performance. But if they thought I have less experience, they should have known that before and shouldn't have even conducted 3 phone interviews. What a waste of time.
    3. App store. 1 hiring manager round. did well and 1 phone interview lasted around 1 hour 15 min though it got scheduled for 1 hour. Did well. After 2 days got a reject.
    4. App maps team. 1 coding round. Did well. Got reject in 3 days.

Seriously. I have wasted so much energy and time going through this stupid interview process. I had offers from startups.
    My sincere advice is, If you are ready to waste time on this, then you can go ahead and apply . otherwise please don't. There are so many companies out there.

Interview Questions

• I can't share the exact questions.but it s all in Leetcode.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA).

Interview

I got an email from a recruiter. After a while I signed an NDA and got my first interview screen.

This interview was super nice. I really enjoyed talking to the interviewer. He asked me about things I listed on my resume and we talked about implementation details.

They flew me over to Cupertino a few weeks later.

The interview was on site.
    I talked first with the recruiter who insisted in how much I was expecting for a salary. I tried to avoid it but the conversation would not progress without numbers. This was very annoying.

The technical interview started. I picked the wrong approach and the interviewer dug me into a hole as he gave me no chance to stop and start with a different approach.

The next interviews were more to talk about what I do, similar to the first screen interview.

It was lunch time and I was handed food and the next interview started. It was a white board code problem, and as I was solving and explaining the interviewer was eating his pear and looking at his plate. I finished the test and I felt he was expecting a certain answer because he didn't talk about my solution, just what he expected as solution.

I was not able to finish my lunch before the next interview started.

The next was another white board code interview. This was nice and the guy was great. Super high spirits and talkative. I really enjoyed this interview. The problem was not complex, was just to check my knowledge on C++.

4 hours later and no breaks, I had my last interview. It was another white board code interview. I did go half way on the solution. This last question was rather simple, but I was too tired to think clearly.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

HR contact me through LinkedIn. I had three phone screening and failed at the third one. HR generally notifies me of the next phone screening after two to three days

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

On Campus Interview, phone screens from various teams, onsite interview with each team each consisting of 4 technical interviews and a lunch interview. Interviews were specialized to the team rather than general questions.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (Orlando, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

First round interview. Questions about about Swift specific iOS dev. Was an interview at GHC. I talked to the woman who was conducting interviews, took a quick look at my resume and offered me an interview for the next day.

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview process started about one week after the meet-up event. The 1st round was a phone interview, which was on the average difficulty. The overall behavior interview questions were typical just like feedbacks from other interviewees.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Sunnyvale, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Escorted directly from to the lobby into an interview room. Refused to show me any offices, labs, or products. Lasted about 5 hours. Was a bit more relaxed than I thought and I felt it went fairly well, however the recruiter was very rude and she did not even have the common courtesy to call me back and let me know how it went, nor did she respond to my emails.